PDA

View Full Version : Saleen Closes

nismodave
03-16-2009, 12:09 PM
And voids all warrantys.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6476609/tuners/saleen-warranties-dissolve-as-saleen-inc-ceases-operations/index.html

BadAzzGTA89
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh snap! Sucks for those people:stare

BOSS LX
03-16-2009, 12:30 PM
There is talk about a private company picking up the warranties.

The company that bought Saleen is now producing the "Racecraft" cars.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5207/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.jpg)

STANMAN
03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I am hoping they are still selling the supershaker!!!

BOSS LX
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I am hoping they are still selling the supershaker!!!

You can get it through JDM for sure.

STANMAN
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I just emailed Brenspeed (where I got my S/Cer installed, and will go to get the supershaker installed), I will let everyone know what they say, as I specifically asked them what this means in the future to all of us who own Saleen aftermarket products.

srt4eh
03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
wow...that blows

07ROUSHSTG3
03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Rofl!

1BadBytch
03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
ouch.

Crawlin
03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
wow.

i know dealerships talked about it before, but the magnusson-moss act requires a company that offers a warranty the ability to administer it for the term they had originally advertised even if they go bankrupt. maybe since this is an aftermarket/supplier type company it doesn't fall under the same category

Car Guy
03-16-2009, 02:44 PM
^^^ How does that law apply to an aftermarket part that is no longer being produced but originally came with a lifetime warranty...???

Nick
03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm assuming "Lifetime" was attributed to the "lifetime" of the company.

Car Guy
03-16-2009, 03:08 PM
The company is still in business but the part has been discontinued......

Crawlin
03-16-2009, 04:22 PM
i don't know specifics. my understand would be that if the COMPANY was still around, then they'd still honor that lifetime warranty.

like right now, dodge/chrysler/jeep certified warranties are 6 year / 80k miles. But as of two weeks ago they were 8year/80k miles. People who bought two weeks ago would still be getting 8 years

STANMAN
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Rofl!

Whats funny?

Beagle
03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
And now the return of the camaro that will put ford out of buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye bye ford!!!!! Hahahahahaha

STANMAN
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
And now the return of the camaro that will put ford out of buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye bye ford!!!!! Hahahahahaha

Yeah, the caddy front end, cavabolt rear end will surely be a hit. The only profile that looks good is the side.

Beagle
03-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah, the caddy front end, cavabolt rear end will surely be a hit. The only profile that looks good is the side.

I understand why your bent. It all started when you hear the v6 camaro puts out more power than 4.6's do factory to factory :rolf

But in all seriousness that sucks that Saleen is no more.

Reverend Cooper
03-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I understand why your bent. It all started when you hear the v6 camaro puts out more power than 4.6's do factory to factory :rolf

if you really really believe GM is gonna put Ford outta business. You are an idiot,good day sir

Rocket Power
03-16-2009, 11:19 PM
And now the return of the camaro that is too little too late and probably be too much $$$$

Fixed for ya:goof

URLOZIN
03-17-2009, 12:26 AM
LMAO!! :thumbsup

STANMAN
03-17-2009, 04:24 AM

Actually the V6 vs. 4.6 is 300HP(V6 Maro) to 315HP (4.6L Stang). Is that "more"??

BTW-what were the Maro's putting out between 03 and now compared to the Mustang?:wow Bring up those figures, and then get me some sales figures for those years as well, and put it in a TPS report......yeah that would be great.....ohhh, and I am going to need you to go on ahead and come in this weekend........:rolf

justatoy
03-17-2009, 04:50 AM
I believe an 02 Camaro was putting out more horsepower than an 08 Mustang. Guess GM was giving Ford a chance to figure out how to improve before they came back. Too late now. But give credit to Ford the 2010 GT will increase the horsepower to 315. That is impressive.

Waver
03-17-2009, 07:47 AM
hey the camaro is a nice car, however do you think that will actually save Gm? Do you think Ford will magicaly stop making mustang? bwahahahaha, you are nuts.....oh and the camaro's hp rating is going to be better than the mustangs for long.....ford has somthing up its sleeve.....

Beags, it takes more than one car to save a company as large as GM, for that matter, it takes more than one car to bring down a company like ford....be real....and how is that 2007, oh wait it got pushed back, I mean 2008, oh shit that is right it got delayed again, so would that make it a 2009....nope nope more delays, so how about that might possibly if you hold your breath new 2010 camaro treating you

07ROUSHSTG3
03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Whats funny?

i think it is funny that saleen is nothing more than a little tidbit of history. also the fact that Steve Saleen doesn't have the class to pick up the warranties for the suckers that made him rich also makes me laugh. :thumbsup the even funnier part is, that people will still overpay for his new junk that he is coming out with and then when it happens again, act surprised. go over to some saleen forums, it sounds like an episode of Oprah on some of them with all the crying and confusion. :rolf

saleen sucks, always has. now it doesn't even do that, because it does not exist. good riddance.

i am amazed that with all the talk on the news and all over the internet, that someone still hasn't heard that GM is doing the death gargle. the camaro will last 2 MYs then it will be gone. it is too bad, they had a chace to really cash in. ask dodge how the challengers are selling, LOL!

STANMAN
03-17-2009, 09:54 AM
i think it is funny that saleen is nothing more than a little tidbit of history. also the fact that Steve Saleen doesn't have the class to pick up the warranties for the suckers that made him rich also makes me laugh. :thumbsup the even funnier part is, that people will still overpay for his new junk that he is coming out with and then when it happens again, act surprised. go over to some saleen forums, it sounds like an episode of Oprah on some of them with all the crying and confusion. :rolf

saleen sucks, always has. now it doesn't even do that, because it does not exist. good riddance.

i am amazed that with all the talk on the news and all over the internet, that someone still hasn't heard that GM is doing the death gargle. the camaro will last 2 MYs then it will be gone. it is too bad, they had a chace to really cash in. ask dodge how the challengers are selling, LOL!

In all my years I never thought I would hear a Stage 3 Roush owner chastize someone else about overpaying for something.

I just hope I can still give Saleen a little more of my $$$$ before the Shaker isn't available anymore.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-17-2009, 10:00 AM
In all my years I never thought I would hear a Stage 3 Roush owner chastize someone else about overpaying for something.

I just hope I can still give Saleen a little more of my $$$$ before the Shaker isn't available anymore.

pretty big price difference between the ROUSH's and the Saleen's, i overpayed waaaay less, LOL :rolleyes:. they were never worth what people were paying for them and now all those people have no warranty :rolf.

URLOZIN
03-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Actually the V6 vs. 4.6 is 300HP(V6 Maro) to 315HP (4.6L Stang). Is that "more"??

You're comparing v6's to a v8. the 01 and 02 camaros were putting out the same horsepower or more than the 4.6, GM was doing that years ago. Took you guys awhile to catch up.:D:D

TraceDaddy
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Is Steve Saleen even still with the company? I thought he resigned a year or two ago.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Is Steve Saleen even still with the company? I thought he resigned a year or two ago.

he was forced to resign. he has a new company with a lot of the same people that were with him at saleen. they are using a different company for their blowers now and are still making mustangs. they are also doing a challenger i beleive. SMS is the name of the main company, and Racecraft is a different company that is supposed to be more basic and affordable?!??!

STANMAN
03-17-2009, 04:34 PM
You're comparing v6's to a v8. the 01 and 02 camaros were putting out the same horsepower or more than the 4.6, GM was doing that years ago. Took you guys awhile to catch up.:D:D

Actually I wasn't, Beagle was. Back to the point, what did the 03's put out again???

Beagle
03-17-2009, 05:14 PM
sorry guys was just poking fun at the camaro vs mustang rivalry. Not trying to start anything. Really does suck that Saleen is no more.

URLOZIN
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
sorry guys was just poking fun at the camaro vs mustang rivalry. Not trying to start anything. Really does suck that Saleen is no more.
I was 2..

STANMAN
03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
I was 2..

Me to, I just love the fact that Camaro owners can't accept that the Mustang always has, and always will, outsell the Camaro. Hey, chicks dig mustangs:rolf

Beagle
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Thats perfectly fine with us. We still know and will always no camaro's ARE faster and id say its 50/50 on which car chicks like more. To bad we didnt have more chicks on here so that we could do a poll. i think that would be interesting.

wrath
03-17-2009, 07:29 PM

Are we comparing J1349 numbers or are we comparing Ford's typical Honda-style overstatement of engine output?

BOSS LX
03-17-2009, 08:13 PM
So you say Saleen went out of business, and has no warranties? Game on!:rolf
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6728/img0032d.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0032d.jpg)

Holeshot
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
^^^ LOL Go get em Andy !!

BOSS LX
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Breaking News by SOEC Staff -- Orange County, California -- April 2, 2009 -- In an unusual step, SMS Supercars Chairman and CEO, Steve M. Saleen, announced to Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club members a new and bold measure today with regards to customer warranties on products produced by his former company, Saleen, Inc.

Recently Saleen Inc. announced it has ceased all operations, claims it has sold certain assets to MJ Acquisitions, Inc., and has even changed its name. In a statement made on March 6, 2009 to all Saleen dealers, MJ Acquisitions announced that while “regrettably, Saleen, Inc. is unable to honor any warranties,” MJ Acquisitions will “not be responsible or obligated to cover warranties and/or financial liabilities of Saleen, Inc.”

“I was saddened about the way the current owners of the proud company I founded, and which held onto my name after my departure two years ago, have now dealt with my loyal and longtime customers,” said Mr. Saleen, who founded Saleen over 25 years ago. Mr. Saleen remained the company’s CEO until 2006, and left the company completely in the spring of 2007. Since then Mr. Saleen has had no control of, or operational role with, his former company, its operations or its current shareholders, Hancock Park Associates.

“The ones who have been left out in the cold are the loyal customers of Saleen products,” continued Mr. Saleen, “While my new company, SMS Supercars, has no legal or moral obligation to take up any of the warranty claims against Saleen, Inc. or MJ Acquisitions, Inc., I would like to make a bold statement on the right way to treat customers.”

“If any Saleen customer in the United States who purchased a Saleen, Inc. product up until February 2, 2009, has a warranty claim, they can directly contact my new company, SMS Supercars,” continued Mr. Saleen. “We will honor their remaining warranties as if they were SMS Supercars warranties.” SMS Supercars’ warranty terms will apply.

“This unusual step in these uncertain times is a measure to assure that my past and future customers, as well as Saleen and Ford dealers around the United States, continue to have faith in products bearing my name”, said Mr. Saleen, who went on to say, “Customers who have bought a Saleen product in the past will receive the attention and care they and the Saleen products deserve.”

“Despite claims from any other company,” continues Mr. Saleen, “SMS Supercars is the only company that today offers products endorsed by Steve Saleen.”

SMS Supercars, based in Orange County, California, is a manufacturer of high-end lifestyle performance vehicles. As his first new product, Steve Saleen launched the new SMS 570 Challenger in Newport Beach, California, on January 21, 2009. The world premiere of the new SMS 570X Challenger is scheduled for April 9, 2009, at 1.30 p.m. at the New York International Auto Show.

Customers with warranty claims can contact the SMS Supercars warranty department at (714) 400-2121, warranty@smssupercars.com or visit www.smssupercars.com.

Poncho
04-04-2009, 10:42 AM
thats one hell of a nice move.

Waver
04-04-2009, 10:56 AM
That is how you do business.....

While I am going to miss the Styling cues that WSaleen has used on all their cars in the past....the Saleen name written proudly across the windsheild, the saleen stripes, even the numbers, I think this step is a good one in the right direction....by increasing the number of cars that they work on, it will benifit all the makes, not just one.

Poncho
04-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Saleen has a new challenger, i thought?

BOSS LX
04-04-2009, 12:40 PM

The Saleen name is done. The company that once was Saleen, is now racecraft.

Waver
04-04-2009, 02:07 PM

the challenger is under the SMS name brand