PDA

View Full Version : ~ Lets talk fishing line ~

awsomeears
03-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm picking up some new rod/reels in the next day or so and I would like to get everyone's opinion on Fishing Line. I'm old school and stick with 8lb clear line and cal it a day.

Well I'm getting sick of the old school line and would like to find some stuff my father used to have, it was the thickness of 6lb test but had a 20-30lb rating :stare

It would not get all frayed or twisted up even if you wouldn't use a swivel. He bought this stuff years ago at the sport show and I'm sure with the advancements in technology there is something better or the same out there.

I just have no clue WTF to look for :thumbsup

I usually just head to gander mt. and take my spool in :thumbsup

stenchmiester
03-14-2009, 01:55 PM
try spiderwire i swear by that stuff

73Dustr
03-14-2009, 02:51 PM
try spiderwire i swear by that stuff

Spiderwire is amazing stuff. That is the only reason I landed a 40 inch Northern in Ontario a few years back. We were jigging for walleye with medium tackle, no leaders and this pig nailed the jig.

Spiderwire is really strong. The only thing you have to be careful with Spiderwire is that it can wear out your eyelets on the rod a heck of a lot faster than conventional lines.

awsomeears
03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
no leaders and this pig nailed the jig.

Holly shit :stare

:thumbsup

BigSnailBuick
03-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Firewire for me.....havent bought spiderwire in a long time but back in the day is wasnt coated enough and burnt through a reel of mine. havent tried the new line of spiderwire

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Fireline. Get the smoke colored line.

Silver03SRT
04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
The only problem with the super braids is that it eats your guides. I use power pro and have not really had a lot of problems with that. I replace my line every year sometimes twice a year. I check my guides before every tournament. I noticed fire line was the worst at putting groves in my guides. If you are looking for a super braid I would recommend power pro if you are looking for a mono line I would get P Line.