PDA

View Full Version : Car amplifer help?

Nix
03-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I've alwyas hooked up my own junk. I recently posted a thread about some Diamond M6 subs and a Kenwood KAC-X811D.

I heard everything working before I bought it and it looked everything over.

Well I decided today I would hook this crap up. Well I have everything ran (not the best looking and such mind you) but all hooked up.

I keep getting an E03 code on the display of the amp. I looked up on the web what it means and its something along the lines of haveing a speaker wire crossed somewhere? Well thats not the case.

Im wondering if anyone else on here has had a similar problem and they have any info? I see on the web that I'm not the only one to have this issue, but there are no answers.

Or maybe I'm just dumb (probably) and don't know what in the fuck Im doing, I also have a cap. I've never installed one of these either.

Or could anyone recommend a place that would just run new wires and I would just have them do it, I'm not looking to get raped when it comes to install either but this is pissing me off. I'm currently running 4g wire and its the same setup that I had with my last amp. I just pulled that one out and I was just installing this one.

Any help?

PureSound15
03-13-2009, 04:30 PM
That code is usually in reference to the impedance being too much for the amp - Check inside the box.

What is the amp stable at? What are the subs wired at? Do you have a multimeter to check what the resistence is at now?

Lash
03-13-2009, 05:06 PM
How many OHM's are the voice coils and how do you have them wired?

That code could also mean you fried a VC.

Lash
03-13-2009, 05:09 PM
That code is usually in reference to the impedance being too much for the amp - Check inside the box.

What is the amp stable at? What are the subs wired at? Do you have a multimeter to check what the resistence is at now?

That amp is stable down to 1 ohm.

Nix
03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm not too audio savy, I don't know a whole hell of alot, just the basics. I do know that the setup was taken out of his car and put into mine while I was there.

Could it be possible that the wires I have vs his are an issue? I have all the wiring from him as well but I was trying to use mine. I thnk Im going to have to strip my shit out and try using the provided wires.