PDA

View Full Version : I need 1 stock used LS1 headbolt

letsrunem
03-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Need to make a tap to clean out the holes in my block because the cheapest tap I've found is $124!! Anyone have one laying around?

portponies
03-13-2009, 05:33 AM
What size and pitch tap do you need?

turbogarrett
03-13-2009, 06:27 AM
I've got em if you want to pick them up.

SLOWC5
03-13-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm sure I have one at the shop, location is waukesha. I'll be there tonight from 3:30 til late

JEFF

Yellow2k1vette
03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I have a few of them already ground down for that same purpose. Large ones and the small ones for the top row.

You can have them if you'd like. PM me if interested, I'll be around all day today and tomorrow.

What size and pitch tap do you need?

If I recall, the LS head bolt thread is M11 x 2.0, which is very unique thread size, and why the tap is so expensive (if you can even find one).

Taps aren't meant to chase existing threads anyways, they are made to cut new threads. They of course work for cleaning purposes, but that's a quick way to dull a tap. ARP makes a chaser in this thread size for this exact purpose, but it too, is not cheap, and not worth it unless you do this job often.
A stock head bolt with a flat or two ground into the threads works just fine at getting the junk out.

:haveabeer

letsrunem
03-14-2009, 02:21 AM
I have a few of them already ground down for that same purpose. Large ones and the small ones for the top row.

You can have them if you'd like. PM me if interested, I'll be around all day today and tomorrow.

If I recall, the LS head bolt thread is M11 x 2.0, which is very unique thread size, and why the tap is so expensive (if you can even find one).

Taps aren't meant to chase existing threads anyways, they are made to cut new threads. They of course work for cleaning purposes, but that's a quick way to dull a tap. ARP makes a chaser in this thread size for this exact purpose, but it too, is not cheap, and not worth it unless you do this job often.
A stock head bolt with a flat or two ground into the threads works just fine at getting the junk out.

:haveabeer

Yup M11 x 2.0 I looked EVERYWHERE, everyone said they had never even heard of it. At Ace Hardware the guy asked me what it was for. I said an LS1 he's like what's that, some Mitsubishi motor or something? lol Thanks for the replies guys.

Yooformula
03-14-2009, 03:19 AM
I am almost positive I have some bolts laying around. pm me if you cant get any soon enough for ya.

2000navyz
03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
dude, i pm'd you on ls1tech. ive got a whole set if you want them.

letsrunem
03-15-2009, 07:58 PM
dude, i pm'd you on ls1tech. ive got a whole set if you want them.

I think me pm box was full at the time! Thanks for the offer though, just picked some up tonight and they work great. Thanks Tom!!