PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass ebayers...

TheRX7Project
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
OK, so I ordered a pair of gauges from a guy on eBay under seperate listings- an oil pressure gauge and a water temp gauge. The items were listed seperate, as well as shipping was listed seperate, so whatever, I paid and it was no big deal.

I was charged $7.95 shipping each for the gauges.

When I got them, they were in a single box addressed to me, shipped USPS priority mail, and the postage tag said $5.20 (mind you, this is for BOTH of the gauges).

When I left my POSITIVE feedback (for both items), I put "The Good: Items shipped quicky, smooth transaction, great communication. The Bad: The items were shipped together but I did not get a combined shipping discount."

I was checking my email when I see a message from this guy...
"SORRY YOU ARE UNHAPPY YOU GOT GREAT ITEMS AT A GREAT PRICE THE BAD IS NEW EBAYERS LIKE YOU WHO DONT KNOW ALL THE FEES EBAY AND PAYPAL CHARGE US AS SELLERS"

Seriously? WTF ever dude. It's not like I left negative, or even neutral feedback.

THEN I get a message from the guy who sent me the muffler- asking me why I hadn't left feedback yet. I told him that I just recieved the item a short while ago, and he says "well we took the time to leave you positive feedback, so you can do the same".

You want me to leave you feedback before I get the item now?

This is the 3rd time recently... the other time was simply a non-shipping, no-contact seller... he also never claimed his money on PayPal after 2 weeks so I cancelled the transaction.

PureSound15
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
You do realize that the shipping charge isn't just what they pay to ship the item right?

That's why you can search for an item and sort "highest with shipping" or "lowest with shipping" because some will charge $10 for the product and $40 for shipping or $40 for the product and $10 for shipping.

That_Guy
03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
when i sell things on ebay i list my reserve rather low then make up for it with shipping.. its pretty standard across the board.

not to sound like an ass its just how people make up some extra cash not to mention pay pal fees and ebay fees are getting retarded. thats why i sell more over amazon. not to mention you dont need pay pal to sell over there site.. also.. the guy who gave you shit about feed back is a moron.

Memphis
03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
priority shipping box-free
crumpled up newspaper-free
tape for the box-not free, but close enough
shipping-5.20

NOT worth 15.90 to ship. Ebay can, and often will end auctions for people who 'pad' the shipping to cover other costs. Yes, all their fees and bs rules suck, but if you dont like them, no one forces you to use the service. I think its bullsh** to charge $10 for a small item but then charge $40 to ship it just to make sales. As a buyer, I'd buy the one from the guy charging me actual shipping (or close to) rather than the assclown charging outrageous shipping on the same item.

lordairgtar
03-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I ship stuff all the time, mostly model car kits. They are pretty light weight and all, but still cost about 8 bucks to ship with USPS, and that's not the expensive mailing they have.

Voodoo Chick
03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
OK, so I ordered a pair of gauges from a guy on eBay under seperate listings- an oil pressure gauge and a water temp gauge. The items were listed seperate, as well as shipping was listed seperate, so whatever, I paid and it was no big deal.

I was charged $7.95 shipping each for the gauges.

When I got them, they were in a single box addressed to me, shipped USPS priority mail, and the postage tag said $5.20 (mind you, this is for BOTH of the gauges).

When I left my POSITIVE feedback (for both items), I put "The Good: Items shipped quicky, smooth transaction, great communication. The Bad: The items were shipped together but I did not get a combined shipping discount."

I was checking my email when I see a message from this guy...
"SORRY YOU ARE UNHAPPY YOU GOT GREAT ITEMS AT A GREAT PRICE THE BAD IS NEW EBAYERS LIKE YOU WHO DONT KNOW ALL THE FEES EBAY AND PAYPAL CHARGE US AS SELLERS"

Seriously? WTF ever dude. It's not like I left negative, or even neutral feedback.

THEN I get a message from the guy who sent me the muffler- asking me why I hadn't left feedback yet. I told him that I just recieved the item a short while ago, and he says "well we took the time to leave you positive feedback, so you can do the same".

You want me to leave you feedback before I get the item now?

This is the 3rd time recently... the other time was simply a non-shipping, no-contact seller... he also never claimed his money on PayPal after 2 weeks so I cancelled the transaction.

I have had a few similar incidents like this one, and yeah, some of those people on ebay can be really abrasive.

TheRX7Project
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
You do realize that the shipping charge isn't just what they pay to ship the item right?

That's why you can search for an item and sort "highest with shipping" or "lowest with shipping" because some will charge $10 for the product and $40 for shipping or $40 for the product and $10 for shipping.

I know this, and I understand it. I used to sell stuff so I know and understand how it works.

However, charging me $16 for SEPERATE shipping then shipping them in one box that cost $5.20 is bullshit.

Voodoo Chick
03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
^^ Holy sh*t, $16 extra, and then puts them in the same box???? That is PURE bullsh*t.

srt4eh
03-13-2009, 12:41 AM
That's the thing I hate about ebay - I buy mostly Jerome Bettis football cards....sellers make their money off of shipping charges. I see a card for 99 cents but 6 dollars for shipping. Yeah...no. Shipping and handling is supposed to be exactly that...not for the sellers to make money for fees or to let them sell their items "cheaper". You want more money??? Then put a higher minimum. Easy as that. I'm waiting for the day that ebay puts a limit on shipping charges.

srt4eh
03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
oh and one more thing. When I am going to bid I think about how much I'm willing to pay...lets say $10 for something. If shipping is $6 then my bid will only be $4....or sometimes if shipping is super outrageous - well then you lost my bid.

diablizzard
03-13-2009, 08:10 AM
I was going to buy some jdm lights for my car at one point. they normally run over $150 for the pair and $100 for shipping from japan. I found a set for $100 with $100 shipping. the kicker is that they were shipping from california. When I asked him about it he said I could pick them up for $160. He was just trying to cover up a loss. I guess they can charge what ever they want for shipping.

PureSound15
03-13-2009, 08:59 AM
This thread is only funny to me becasue it is the way that ebay has worked for YEARS.

Shipping and HANDLING. Who's to say what someones time is worth it ship something? Certainly it's going to take somone in LA a lot longer to drive to the UPS store than it would in good 'ol Milwaukee Wisconsin.

:) Carry on

Slow Joe
03-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Lol, hell when I use to sell on ebay, I'd charge a handling fee and a box fee ($2, and $5) that's on top of shipping costs. Business is business... If you don't want to buy a product from someone, don't. If you buy more than one product from the same seller, e-mail the seller first and ask if you can get a combined shipping rate.

TheRX7Project
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, all in all I got a great price on the gauges, even if I paid more than 3x the actual shipping costs.

deuceWI
03-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I wish more people would use the feedback system in a useful way. Too many people just copy and past something stupid like AAAAAaAA++++=++ SUPER AWESOME SELLER in the box which tells me nothing. I try to put something helpful to buyers in that box like, Cheap Chinese knock off phone accessories, works as expected.

I usually won't post negative feedback without contacting the seller and allowing them to resolve the situation first, but I do use the Neutral option often enough if a seller doesn't put any effort into the sale.

Private sellers I would give a little more leeway since they probably have a life other than trying to respond to emails on ebay at a moments notice, but people using ebay as a selling portal for their business need to be professional like a business.

Speaking of that, is there an option to show only postings by private sellers?

TheRX7Project
03-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't think I've ever given a neutral, and I've only ever given 1 negative, which was to the non-shipping-no-contact guy.