PDA

View Full Version : Hey Deer Hunters

73Dustr
03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, many of us had a crap deer season for 2008. Hell, I didn't even see one deer throughout the entire gun season. I think it'd be a good time to fill out this survey and let the DNR know how we think they are doing and how the deer herds are in areas where we hunt. It only takes about 10 minutes to complete:

DNR Deer Management Survey (http://dmureview.editme.com/)

Just click the Public Questionnaire button and carry on.

DirtyMax
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I saw something in the paper earlier in the week where they now estimate the herd to be only about 750K deer or something like that. That's not counting the fawns that will be born this spring but it's still al hell of a lot fewer than the 1.6 mil they "estimated"... oops.. :punch:

Russ Jerome
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
We shot several in Marquete area (Puckaway) but less than we
usualy see. There were countless deer the eve of opening day but
with the front and heavy snow coming in that sat they bed down
in our area.

73Dustr
03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
I saw something in the paper earlier in the week where they now estimate the herd to be only about 750K deer or something like that. That's not counting the fawns that will be born this spring but it's still al hell of a lot fewer than the 1.6 mil they "estimated"... oops.. :punch:

Yeah, I think the DNR needs to do some restructuring of staff. I know population estimates are not an exact science by any means, but to produce an estimate that is double what is actually around is a joke. If I told my boss our company was going to see a $1.6 million dollar cost reduction and then it only came out to $750K, there would be one hell of an ass reaming, if I didn't lose my job all together. I feel the DNR has done a poor job managing the deer population among other things. I voiced my opinion in that survey, too.

Cryptic
03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't understand how they were giving away antler less tags for next to nothing when there was next to nothing for deer.

Well actually I do... they wanted your cash and could give a shit if you get skunked out there.