PDA

View Full Version : RED lotus

LIZMO
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
i saw a red lotus today driving in brookfield/menomonee falls on lisbon and i was shocked cuz i was not expecting to see that. haha.
it was red w/ a black wing and a bunch of decals/stickers on it.
it looked good! :thumbsup

udlose98
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
WHAT??? I better check to make sure mines still in storage.

lasttimearound
03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
craig said i could borrow it... sorry bro.

udlose98
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM
craig said i could borrow it... sorry bro.

lol, hes probably been selling rides all winter long.

Voodoo Chick
03-13-2009, 03:48 PM
i saw a red lotus today driving in brookfield/menomonee falls on lisbon and i was shocked cuz i was not expecting to see that. haha.
it was red w/ a black wing and a bunch of decals/stickers on it.
it looked good! :thumbsup

I think I've seen that same car....I was surprised to see it out on salty roads, it really is a cute little thing.

udlose98
03-14-2009, 12:33 AM
I think I've seen that same car....I w
as surprised to see it out on salty roads, it really is a cute little thing.

Not cute, I don't know where this cute word comes from???

LIZMO
03-14-2009, 01:00 AM
yea id say it was more badass. lol

Voodoo Chick
03-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Not cute, I don't know where this cute word comes from???

Well, I thought it was cute, so little and bright, like a little red ladybug! I thought it was adorable.....but my idea of "badass looking" involves skulls and bones and flat black paint.....maybe some faded flames......(I really like ratrods, lol)

udlose98
03-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Well, I thought it was cute, so little and bright, like a little red ladybug! I thought it was adorable.....but my idea of "badass looking" involves skulls and bones and flat black paint.....maybe some faded flames......(I really like ratrods, lol)

I hate to admit this, but I've had mmine called a lady bug before....but I agree with liz, BA is what it really is.

Voodoo Chick
03-14-2009, 01:18 PM
I hate to admit this, but I've had mmine called a lady bug before....but I agree with liz, BA is what it really is.

Should paint a few black spots on it....get a vanity license plate that says "LADYBUG"......I really hope you know, I'm NOT ragging on your car, lol....I honestly do think they look cute. The way their headlights are angled make them look like they have an "angry face." One of my cars is red and black too. It's a great combination, but the cops seem to really notice bright red cars. My red one has been pulled over more times than all my others combined.

lasttimearound
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
lol, hes probably been selling rides all winter long.

how do you think he pays for his toys and building that house?

udlose98
03-14-2009, 06:22 PM
how do you think he pays for his toys and building that house?

ha, well I went and reclaimed her yeasterday, looks like it added about 20K miles over winter....

Todd Z
03-15-2009, 06:47 AM
"It's such a cute little red car" What the lady said when she hit Jim Fuchs in his multi million dollar Ferrari. I think she got dropped by her insurance company.

Waver
03-15-2009, 08:52 AM
"It's such a cute little red car" What the lady said when she hit Jim Fuchs in his multi million dollar Ferrari. I think she got dropped by her insurance company.

What?!?!?!?!?! which ferarri was this, not the f-40 or his ultra rare race car that (what was that like a 56 or somthing?)

LIZMO
03-17-2009, 10:57 AM
so i THINK i finally saw udlose's lotus......... it was a little different than the first one i saw. the one i saw yesterday around 11-1130am on hwy100 and bluemonnd didnt have stickers on it. was it you??

udlose98
03-21-2009, 10:35 PM
hmm, still not me. haha

mine looks like this.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3230022641_c479c4dfd7_b.jpg

pOrk
03-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Yea, that thing is awesome. Is insurance crazy expensive?

udlose98
03-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Yea, that thing is awesome. Is insurance crazy expensive?

as far as insurance is concerned...thats my mom's lotus. I drive a ford windstar.

pOrk
03-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Haha. Did you ever get a quote in case you wanted to take ownership? :)

Holeshot
03-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Sweet ride. Id love to have one to burn around town in.

udlose98
03-21-2009, 11:04 PM
holding off on that for roughly 1.3 yrs when I'll be 25. I dont want my eyes to bulge out of their sockets. I still pay a pretty hefty amount tho ~$300 quarterly.

udlose98
03-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Sweet ride. Id love to have one to burn around town in.

I have to agree and disagree. I love driving it, dont get me wrong, but you have to be so aware when your driving that it can take away from the experience all together. Constantly scanning the pavement for potholes (they will punish you like no other). Other drivers, they will not see you when merging and its all on you to get out of their way. public parking, I just wont do it with this car period (exception for while im at work). I know this car isnt very expensive, infact I bet a lot of cars on this site cost as much or more, but everyone is under the impression that it costs a lot more. Sometimes it gets positive attention, sometimes not, and its just not ideal to sit in a spot while in a store or something. And finally everywhere you go is a miny car show. Tons of questions, which is normally fine with me, except when one of the questions (and usually the first thing out of their mouth), FROM A COMPLETE STRANGER keep in mind, is so how much did you pay for it?

I always consider firing a question back like, how many times a week do you fuck your wife? I would expet them to say "hey, thats none of your god damn business." To which I would reply..."exactly".

Bottom line, it belongs on a track, it feels completely 100% at home, I love it.

pOrk
03-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I always consider firing a question back like, how many times a week do you fuck your wife?

You must do this, and you tube it.

A good majority of my friends that mention these cars think they are super expensive. They aren't cheap, but used ones sell for 20-25 grand sometimes and that would be a decent price for a not-so-common car imo. I can imagine parts will be steep when shit starts to break, but thats the price you pay for sticking out :thumbsup

I dig the car, I would love to drive / own one some day.

udlose98
03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
You must do this, and you tube it.

A good majority of my friends that mention these cars think they are super expensive. They aren't cheap, but used ones sell for 20-25 grand sometimes and that would be a decent price for a not-so-common car imo. I can imagine parts will be steep when shit starts to break, but thats the price you pay for sticking out :thumbsup

I did the car, I would love to drive / own one some day.

well the engine is from Toyota, so that wont kill you. But any body damage...basically consider you car totalled. The cost of replacing just the front or rear clam (aka nothing else damaged behind it) can be insane, 5-7K. not to mention any frame damage is not repairable and will comprise the car. Again, another reason it does not get parked in public.

Voodoo Chick
03-22-2009, 01:26 AM
I have to agree and disagree. I love driving it, dont get me wrong, but you have to be so aware when your driving that it can take away from the experience all together. Constantly scanning the pavement for potholes (they will punish you like no other). Other drivers, they will not see you when merging and its all on you to get out of their way. public parking, I just wont do it with this car period (exception for while im at work). I know this car isnt very expensive, infact I bet a lot of cars on this site cost as much or more, but everyone is under the impression that it costs a lot more. Sometimes it gets positive attention, sometimes not, and its just not ideal to sit in a spot while in a store or something. And finally everywhere you go is a miny car show. Tons of questions, which is normally fine with me, except when one of the questions (and usually the first thing out of their mouth), FROM A COMPLETE STRANGER keep in mind, is so how much did you pay for it?

I always consider firing a question back like, how many times a week do you fuck your wife? I would expet them to say "hey, thats none of your god damn business." To which I would reply..."exactly".

Bottom line, it belongs on a track, it feels completely 100% at home, I love it.

I can completely sympathize and relate on all these issues. It is the same thing with classic cars..... My Olds, people get SCARY weird about sometimes. I had a guy offer me a blank check....another offered a LARGE sum of money on the spot, they just get.......weird. I have even gone down to my parking lot to discover that a COMPLETE stranger has left a note on the car, asking "how much do you want for this car? here's my number, please sell me the car" I have found quite a few of theses "love notes" on her windshield. Flattering, but creepy! :stare