PDA

View Full Version : Yoosof is a class act.

Holeshot
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I just want the whole board to know that Yoosof is a real class act.

Now I realize that most of you already know this but I had to share what a caring selfless and thoughtful person he is.
Many of you know one of my grandson's has cancer and is terminal. Awhile back I posted a pic in the thread I started of my grandsons and my oldest daughter. Avelio is wearing the Colts hat. In that post I mentioned wishing I could get him in touch with Payton Manning. http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=506097&postcount=70

Well I got a phone call today from my wife whom was elated that she had received a call from Avelio. He was actually trying to call his dad but called my wife. He said I'm sorry grandma I was trying to call dad, I missed dialed in excitement. Grandma asked why was he so excited. And he replied I just got off the phone with Payton Manning. My son had actually received the call first and chatted for awhile as Avelio was getting a chemo treatment. So Payton called back a second time and talked to Avelio.

I told my wife I had a sneaking suspicion who had gotten in contact with Mr Manning but I needed to confirm it first.
So I call Yoosof and ask him what he knows about this and of course he denies it. Then after beating around the bush he finally admits it and tells me the story.

Well forward to just a few minutes ago I hear again from my wife that they found more tumors near Avelio's heart and the clock is ticking so the call could not have come at a better time.
I just wanted to share with all of you that we are truly blessed that the good Lord gave us Yoosof and that his caring heart and unselfish acts that makes him a very special one of a kind person that's has touched our lives.

Thank you Yoosof from the bottom of my heart. You are the true definition of great friend.

Dan and Jean

Car Guy
03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
That is OUTSTANDING.....:headbang

moels
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Truly awesome Yoosof, however you did it. I am truly sorry to hear of the downturn in your grandson though, prayers are with him.

u_say_go
03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
dude is unreal! atta boy Yoosuf! :thumbsup how'd you pull that one off?

awsomeears
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
<--------- tearing up, no joke !!!

That call probably meant the world to him

Holeshot
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM

That call probably meant the world to him

Your not the only one Brad. I had to tell Yoosof Id call him later when I got my shit together. My whole family is in tears.

awsomeears
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Your not the only one Brad. I had to tell Yoosof Id call him later when I got my shit together. My whole family is in tears.

Reading about his situation and that other BCM member that lost his grandpa I had to let it out :rolf

So how does a steeler fan get ahold of payton :)

moels
03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Payton Manning has always stood out as a good guy to me, and this just goes toward proving it.

awsomeears
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Payton Manning has always stood out as a good guy to me, and this just goes toward proving it.

I was just thinking about that also, all of his commercials and interviews he seems like a cheerful kid. I love good news !!!

Reverend Cooper
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
wow thats awesome

Goat Roper
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Outfingstanding Yoosof!

MoCkiN U
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
WOW!! He's not only dealing with his own challenging stuff but pulled off a really nice act like that.

I know you arent looking for praises and such for a good act but tell us how you pulled that one off. I wouldnt know where to begin

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Yoosef is da man

07ROUSHSTG3
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM

:shades
me too.

i don't know really any of you personally, or much of Yoosef's current situation because I haven't been around much. but man..........this is probably the coolest, most heart-warming, most unselfish thing i have heard about in a long time. i told my wife, she teared up too.

way to go yoosef and GOD bless you and the little one that needs our prayers.

michelle
03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow, that is awesome! Way to go!

I can't imagine how big of a smile he had on his face when he got that phone call.

b4mytm
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Wow is all I can say. That is just truely awesome Yoosof!!!

Z28Envy
03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Very cool thing to do Yoosof!! Sorry to hear about your grandsons down turn!

Holeshot
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the thoughts for my grandson. If I could trade places with him I would. I've lived enough to enjoy what I have.

Memphis
03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I can truely say that there are many people on this site who I believe would go out of their way to help each other out, and most do not want or would expect (or accept) credit for it. That being said....

We are dealing with some issues of our own lately and lets just say things are a little bit more "stressfull" than normal in more ways than one. I was at Yoos one day dropping something off and we got to talking. I told him whats happening because lets face it, hes real easy to talk to. After he calmed down (not at me, at the story) he first offered to take care of the problem, after all hes on superman steroids...lol. Then he offered me help, the kind of help most friends rarely offer and help that someone in his current position shouldn't be offering. But he did, and he meant it 110%. Rarely am I at a loss for words, but I just sat there in awe. After everything this man has thrown his way and is still working himself through, hes right there offering up any help he has to offer...and even some he doesn't. To me that isn't just a friend, that's family. As I write this, hes on the phone with my wife helping her with another problem he's all to familiar with. So even though I've offered whatever I have to offer (and it always sounds like so little) to this family, I'm here for you and its awesome to know you're always a phone call away.

Prince Valiant
03-11-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't know if anyone's told you this, I do a pretty good Manning impression...

j/k!

That's a great story...I'm so happy that Yoos was able to pull that off. Amazing! Plus it's great that Manning did it as well...I mean, I'm sure he's inundated with request, so much so that it numbs a guy.

I'm really happy for your grandson...all he stands in the face of, and something so simple can still bring him some happiness.

Yeah, Yoo is an okay guy, lol...

TheRX7Project
03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
That is great that Yoo was able to do such a wonderful thing for your grandson, and that Manning was a good enough guy to do it. Truly heartwarming.

domokun
03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
that is unbelievable!!! congrats yoo!

now Im curious....how did you do it?

Brian98GTP
03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I'll add my own Yoo story.....

A few weeks ago I made a post about donating to my Bowl for Kids charity event that went down 2 weeks ago. Yoo was the only one off the BCM site that donated!! For a man in his position, he was the absolute LAST person I ever would have guessed to make a donation. I, too, was speechless. I sat in my office chair for a good 10 minutes trying to figure out how to respond to his donation.
He said that anything that goes towards helping a childs future is worth donating to in his eyes.

This Bud's for Yoo! :haveabeer

Poncho
03-11-2009, 10:13 PM
<---- teary eyed..

Yooformula
03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone,this is Yoos wife Debbie. I sit and read what all of you have said and I am filled with sadness and tears and yet my heart smiles. Dan I pray for your grandson everyday and I just wish there was a better ending. No child should go through that. I wish for you peace, amidst the chaos. You and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers. As for Yoosof, I have always known "The Real Yoosof" as he would say and now all of you do also. He has an amazing soul and would give the shirt off his back to help someone. This is why he's so easy to love, so easy to talk to and so easy to like. He is just a GOOD MAN !! Matt your right that isn't just friendship, it is family and alot of you have become part of ours. Thank you for being his friends and caring so much,and know that he would be there for you in a heartbeat. You guys have made this mountain a little easier to climb because of all your support.

Holeshot
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Deb I love you, Yoosof and the kids as it you were blood. Im here for all of you. Thanks for being apart of my life. Ill cherish it always.

GRAMPS SS
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Yoosof..your deff a true friend to all..dan..so sorry to hear about the litttle guy...my prayers go out to you and all your family.....debbie...your right about yoosof..he would give anyone the shirt off his back to help them no matter what...he's sick and still opens his hands to help others....

Memphis...i wish you the best of luck with your situation...you jhave a long raod to toe..but you and your family will get through it....god bless you and your whole family,.....

Voodoo Chick
03-11-2009, 10:46 PM
To Yoosof and his family, May every blessing grace you, and may God hold you in the palm of His hand. To the little boy and his family, the same goes to you.

claimsman
03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
To think all that Yoos has been through he still put's it all out there for friends, we are lucky to be neighbors with the Fazal's, recently while in the beginning of the brain tumor nightmares we found out our son due in May was diagnosed with Spina Bifida I called to Debbie and Yoos to check on my wife as I was still at work when I got the news. When I returned home they we also getting home and in his state at the time they came rushing over to console us on our news even with his own things going on. I can't say enough about him personally.

Reverend Cooper
03-11-2009, 11:16 PM
My new brother,sister nephew and niece's are and exteneded family are unbelievable,I can't say more than that.
Dan I wish there was something I could do to help more,I feel helpless.

udlose98
03-12-2009, 12:34 AM
wow, my jaw just dropped into my lap. Pretty amazing stuff.

nismodave
03-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Doesent surprise me one bit, Yoosof is an amazing person.

All of my good wishes, love, and prayers go out to your grandson, Dan. If he is anything like his grandad, he surely is a great kid.

srt4eh
03-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Truly an amazing guy....I wish more people in the world were like him

Silver350
03-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Wow! that is an truely amazing thing that you did Yoosof. For all the things you been hit with it is truely amazing that you continue to help people out. Even was impress when you took the time to help those people in a car accident a while back. Where is the place to fill in the name for the Man of the century award, So I can write yoosof's name down.

CAMAROJV123
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
wow thats amazing!

Nick
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Fantastic human being.

Karps TA
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
You're a very inspiring person Yoo. World would be a much better place with more people like yourself.

Waver
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
It is a rarity to find anyone who is like Yoo these days..Thanks yoo for all you do for us, I am glad to call you a friend.

Dan, I am sorry to hear that your grandson has taken a turn for the worse...If their is anything that I can do to help you or your family out let me know......

Holeshot
03-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I talked to Yoosof this morning and Hes was very humble. I apologize for putting him on the spot as he was quite embarrassed. That was not my intent by any means. I just wanted to tell everyone what a truly great person he is. So if I'm guilty of anything I'm glad its this.

2000navyz
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
im at a loss of words....what a great man!

97z2801ss
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
wow that is awesome, I feel so bad gor your grandson I wish that never to happen to anyone, its heartbreaking. and having a 2 yearold puts that in more of a perspective. I have been on this site for along time and their are truely stand up people on here to help each other with whatever is need in anyones life at any given moment or obsticle..even during all the bitching and bickering.

CPonyGo
03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
ya know- I have known Yoo since his car was slow..........er guess thats not a good analogy...lol-

Anyway- like others who have been around him literally years- doesn't surprise me...been there for me been there for others and its part of him- what makes Yoo-Yoo!

awesome job for a great cause and Dan- like everyone else dude- my thoughts to you- your grandson and family..

InvisibleCobra
03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
I just joined BCM and for those of you that do not know me my name is Philip and Yoosof is my brother. My screen name is Invisible Cobra because I love mustangs and I do not have one. Anyways, I have known Yoosof for about 13 yrs, basically since he has been with my sister. He is def. the older brother that I never had, We have had are diff. but what families don't. Since the start of all of his health issues it has most def. put alot of things into perspective for me. He is a very important person to me and my family and like everyone has already stated he will never hesitate to help anyone out. He is very easy to talk to and I don't hesitate to tell him anything and he will always ne honest with you!!!! So Yoos I love ya very much and I am honored to have you as a brother and for my sister to have such a good man in her life....So know for game on..When I do get a Mustang Cobra, I am going to BEAT THAT ASS!!

Philip

moels
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
^^^^^^^ Awesome first post!!

Welcome to BCM!

pOrk
03-22-2009, 05:56 PM
A+ Yoo, thats pretty awesome of you.

jon_we4
04-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Dan I got the message this morning.

I'm deeply sorry. May he rest in peace.

Firefighter Z
04-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Dan,
Jess and I are very sorry for your loss...
Our prayers are with you.