PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Ram Seats

DocDave
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone know of a good source for aftermarket seats? The stock drivers seat in my 2006 Dodge Ram already is starting to tear and the foam appears to be ripped in half underneath the cloth. I am looking for something similar, just built a bit better and more comfortable.

Plum Crazy
03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
ive seen alot of that, that "yes essenials" crap stains easy and falls apart. Good luck.

pOrk
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
If you don't find an aftermarket solution, factory seat covers aren't terribly inflated and somewhat easy to install. You can also acquire the foam padding if that is giving in already.

Russ Jerome
03-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Remember truck seats are more softly sprung than auto seats
as well. Put a firm automotive seat in your pickup and you will
soon find out how good a shape your rear and spine are!

If your driving a softly sprung 1/2 ton it may not be an issue
but any stiffly sprung 3/4 or 1 ton will require OE mushy seats.

Plum Crazy
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Remember truck seats are more softly sprung than auto seats
as well. Put a firm automotive seat in your pickup and you will
soon find out how good a shape your rear and spine are!

If your driving a softly sprung 1/2 ton it may not be an issue
but any stiffly sprung 3/4 or 1 ton will require OE mushy seats.

you must have never sat in a 06 ram pickup before, those seats are like concrete. one of the biggest complaints from the refresh was the seats.

03CVLX
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I just had Jax seat cover redo all the foam in the drivers seat of my Crown Vic. Im not exactly sure on the cost as they were installing seat heaters at the same time.

We also had Jax do a whole fleet of our work vans years back and they were either able to stitch up the cloth or insert a new piece and they redid all the foam on those also. Might be an option for you to check into if you cant find a whole seat.

Breecher_7
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
you must have never sat in a 06 ram pickup before, those seats are like concrete. one of the biggest complaints from the refresh was the seats.

Yeah when they changed the exterior and interior in 06 the interior comfor went to hell. The interior in my old 05 was nice...

Smokey1226
03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
My 05's leather seats are MINT. Super comfy, and i have to drive minimum 150 miles with a full load. My back feels fine after im done.

Breecher_7
03-11-2009, 05:48 AM
My 05's leather seats are MINT. Super comfy, and i have to drive minimum 150 miles with a full load. My back feels fine after im done.

The 05's were nice, I actually miss those seats... My GMT800 Seats were great to... The GMT900 seats suck balls... I actually want to swap them out for the GMT800's but im unsure if they will bolt in. Im gonna look into it.

STANMAN
03-11-2009, 05:55 AM
06??? Even if it's out of warrenty I would complain to the dealership and see if they are willing to at least help you out somewhat, I mean that's just ridiculous.

Breecher_7
03-11-2009, 07:18 AM
06??? Even if it's out of warrenty I would complain to the dealership and see if they are willing to at least help you out somewhat, I mean that's just ridiculous.

Its wear and tear Bob, MOST dealers will tell you to piss off. For all the dealer knows there was a 500lb guy sliding his big fat ass in and out of that truck since it was new....

DocDave
03-11-2009, 07:49 AM

Yeh, I inherited the truck so the dealer would probably just tell me to take a hike.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I will take it over to Jax and see what they can do. Maybe they can re-pad the frame so I won't feel like I am sitting on one of the stadium seat pad things.

Plum Crazy
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
we had a super fat lady with a jeep cherokee that ripped 5 leather covers under warranty, her back seat was full of old mcdonalds bags.

Russ Jerome
03-12-2009, 09:30 AM

I have work on everything from Western Star semis to
Toyota SUVs so I hate them all the same :)

I thought I would be smart and put some kick @$$ seats
from a TA in my lifted 70's Chevy with an old bench, oh
my god what a disaster that was, downright painfull!