PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Points - Opinions?

84hurst
03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm looking for a handgun, 9mm or similar and a friend told me about the Hi-Points. Cheap as hell, supposedly a pretty good reputation and a LIFETIME warranty - no questions asked. Does anyone here have one or have a comment on them?

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/9%20mm/hi_point_9mm.html

Rocket Power
03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Big and clumsy but from what I've heard , decent for what they are, but I would rather buy a better gun.

PonyKiller87
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I have a Hi Point 45, for what you pay for it its not a bad gun. Ive put about 200-300 rounds through mine now and haven't had any issues. I think I got mine with 2 mags for $175 at the gun show.

73Dustr
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
It's just like buying a car, you get what you pay for. I agree with Rocket, and would also look at something a little better.

I guess it also depends what you will be doing with it. If it's a nightstand gun, I'd definitely look at something better. If it's just to go plink with, then it'll do. I would just prefer a more reliable gun for home defense.

moels
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I started with the .40 carbine, then I went ahead and bought the 9mm, .40s&w, and the .45 along with a 9mm carbine I traded nitrous setup for. They are inexpensive guns that shoot just as well as the expensive ones in my experience. The warranty is outstanding on these things as well. The .40 and .45 are a bit luggish, but you get used to it in no time. I've put about 500 rounds through each pistol so far and no feed problems at all. I even took the .40 apart and painted the slide and grips with a cammo-green color, turned out excellent.

Russ Jerome
03-10-2009, 04:09 PM
We have one up north that sits out in a wet barn, we shoot pigeons with it. One of our guys left it up there and it gets
no maint or cleaning in the 3 years Ive been shooting it.
Its a pistol, squeeze the trigger and a hunk of lead comes
out, kills pigeons as well as a Kimber 1911 will at 20 yrds.

If you asked the pigeons in the barn they would say not
to buy one....the ones I missed that is.