PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke ATV mechanic wanted...

Moparjim
03-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Anyone do or know of anyone that does 2 stroke ATV tuning/mechanic work? Looking for someone to take a look at and tune/repair/setup my Yamaha Banshees and I don't know jack about 2 strokes. I'd prefer someone that does it on the side, but a good non gouging shop recommendation would work as well. Thanks!

70 cutlass 442
03-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Are you just looking for a tune up or is there something wrong with the machine? ive done my fair of work on banshees and they really are not bad.... id much rather prefer to work on them then the newer 4 strokes... let me know, im sure i could help ya out :thumbsup

88Nightmare
03-09-2009, 04:57 PM
jim, send juicedimpss a pm. he might be able to help you out

Moparjim
03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
They both still run "ok". They both used to run much better though. One ran GREAT until I rode it in some "watery" conditions lol. At some point after having been through fairly deep water all day, I turned it off and it wouldn't restart. A few weeks later I tried it again and it does indeed start but it starts hard - really hard sometimes. I assumed the no start was due to the stator or something else getting wet. It also leaks gas from what looks like a carb overflow hose, like a float or something is sticking. When it starts hard, opening the throttle while kicking normally helps, as if its floading from the carb issue maybe? Either its a lingering electrical issue, or a carb issue or both. Once started it runs "ok" but lacks a lot on the low end, again as if its floading/running rich or something. The other runs and starts ok but again doesn't run quite as good as it used to, and the clutch has an issue where it won't fully release. I've adjusted it and its as if maybe some plates are warped or something. It rides ok, but I have to start it in neutral and it creeps forward once you pop it into first while its running lol.

I bought a newer Raptor and these are generally just in the stable as loaners for my friends and in laws and stuff to ride when I go out so I'm looking for someone to just go through them both and get the issues ironed out and get them running right and "turn key" so its not a hassle when I go and let people ride them.

Sprayaway Fox
03-10-2009, 01:17 AM
PMed

letsrunem
03-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Gotta love how easy 2 strokes are to work on, not to mention the light weight and sick powerband. I wonder what a 2 stroke car would run like?