PDA

View Full Version : Who is breaking their car out this weekend?

JC70SS
02-25-2004, 11:09 PM
Looks like near 50* by Sat:( Oh well.

Al
02-25-2004, 11:35 PM
I'll just put the top down and drive for 300 ft down the driveway and put it back up before I look like a fool. A 60* day would be better, but I'll probably stop on my favorite road for a lap or two.

BadAzzGTA89
02-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Not till the salt is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Yooformula
02-25-2004, 11:54 PM
I went out today for a short spin but work will keep me indoors all weekend. Fock the salt thats why there are car washes:banana

GRNDNL
02-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Loading up the GN Sunday, dragging it down next week for a TSM race in Bradenton Florida.

Prince Valiant
02-26-2004, 12:03 AM
hey, I'm going to be in that area next week as well...what nights will you be at the track?

Eat at a sonny's bbq while your down there. nothing better.

TransAm12sec
02-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Salt gets into areas that can easily be missed in a car wash. Your greatest option would be to wait for a heavy rain to get rid of all the salt on the road.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-26-2004, 12:43 AM
I'll be wrenching this weekend- with the garage door open.

PB86MCSS
02-26-2004, 12:58 AM
My Montes are still in storage :(. I will be junkyarding again this Saturday prolly...theres still some salt down though, so I wouldn't if I could. Hopefully it stays this mild through March, if so I will pull the LS out before April! :banana

Silver350
02-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Yooformula
Fock the salt thats why there are car washes:banana

I agree. I drive the truck year round and look at the thing it is pretty spotless.

GRNDNL
02-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
hey, I'm going to be in that area next week as well...what nights will you be at the track?

Eat at a sonny's bbq while your down there. nothing better.

We'll be at the track on Sat the 6th and Sunday the 7th, Sunday is the Buick Southern Nats.

Where is Sonny's?

Prince Valiant
02-26-2004, 12:36 PM
If your driving down you'll find several along the I-75 that you can stop at as opposed to a mcdonalds...and yes, it's SONNY'S BBQ with a fat cartoon character in an apron on the road signs, not the oft confused and very different SHONNEY's chain that has nothing to do with BBQ.

You should be able to find one close to where you guys are staying in the phone book. But trust me, just because it's a regional chain doesn't lessen it's quality or uniqeness of BBQ one iota. I suggest the all-you-can-eat BBQ beef with the sauce of your choice....I normally just use the toast they give to make sandwhich's of it. Unparralled finger licking goodness.

Another great place that IS unique to that local area is Fred's Lemmings BBQ. My favorite to get there is the smoked corned beef, which is very unique in and of itself with his mustard bbq sauce.

I will be down the whole next week but I am taking off on that saturday, so I can't check out the GS :(

88camaro
02-26-2004, 02:27 PM
i have to drive my camaro. I hit a deer with my winter car and it undriveable.

animal
02-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Silver350
I agree. I drive the truck year round and look at the thing it is pretty spotless.

I think I was behind you on sunday in my truck. 68th and forest home.

Anyways, the L will be out this weekend doing some work. Gotta move.

JC70SS
02-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Come on guys, I have seen the GTO's in 2 days. WHat do you think you all are driving Yenkos or something?

BAD LS1
02-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by JC00SS
Come on guys, I have seen the GTO's in 2 days. WHat do you think you all are driving Yenkos or something?

Say i care too much but.... The underneath of my car is as clean as the top if anyone whos seen my car up close can attest LOL, so im not gonna get it fudge up w/salt dust. it aint easy keeping it looking like a brand new car but its got 30K on it and still looks good because its never seen any kinda shotty weather, its only been in the rain 2 times.

And i dont have a rear bumper on it right now, its being painted.

PB86MCSS
02-26-2004, 07:29 PM
No not Yenkos but they are MY Yenkos to me....my LS has never seen salt so it won't anytime soon. Taking off 15 year old stock exhaust/headers last winter with a socket wrench is a good reminder to not let it see salt...its not just the body as BADDLS1SS said. If I got motivated enough to clean excess dirt off the floorpans and underbody it would look brand new :shades

Not that I have a choice as mine are not exactly at home anyways. Then again older cars are more prone to rust so if I had something newer with more plastic on and whatnot, I might be more inclined. They dumped a ton of salt down on the roads overnight last night in Muskego, at least here :fire.

If the roads were dry(and not freshly dumped on with salt) I would be tempted but its not that nice out anyways, IMO.

JC70SS
02-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Just giving you guys some ****. My car isn't moving either. Although a rain storm is coming monday.

Cryptic
02-26-2004, 08:04 PM
I've been driving around a powdered white GTX all winter
ooh well

BAD LS1
02-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Blacks a biatch man !!! it aint easy keeping it that color!!! it keeps turning battleship gray on my ass !! LOL

I try not to let it turn intoa slat wagon though, dont need to come out in hte morning and have deer tounge lick marks because they think its a salt lick!! :goof

Yooformula
02-26-2004, 08:53 PM
If my car were as clean as Tom's I wouldnt drive anywhere either but then again I've seen Scott's truck which always looks mint and not a spot of rust so........:confused

PB86MCSS
02-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Scott just gets it repainted every spring ;).

I couldn't imagine having a nice black car as a daily driver....its bad enough kept in the garage and out of rain and still gets dirty. Props to those who do keep up with the challenge.

It would be nice if the mild stuff continues...early spring? Nah, thats too optimistic with our weather.

SlowStee
02-27-2004, 12:45 AM
i had my car out on the hwy tonight, was disapointing, couldnt catch traction from 50........the salt is pretty bad on the roads, BIG chunks of salt :D ....i was playing " drive in the wrong lane to avoid salt" on the way home from the carwash :banana

Cryptic
02-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt on the margarita, but it had salt on it, BIG grains of salt, floating in the glass...

:banana

lotsals1
02-28-2004, 01:09 AM
my motor is almost together --but it wont be runnin till sunday evening-wont be road worthy for maybe another month :rolleyes:

Scales
02-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Just got off work tonight.... Oh yeah, she's comin out today!!!!:3gears:

Syclone0044
03-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by lotsals1
my motor is almost together --but it wont be runnin till sunday evening-wont be road worthy for maybe another month :rolleyes: Do tell... pm if necessary.:headbang

lotsals1
03-04-2004, 09:06 PM
nothin major just a diff cam -and fix all the fvcked up stuff i found when i pulled the thing apart --my friggen intake gaskets were blocking 1/8 of the ports cam is still kinda small but i'm getting boared so i tried this one --might repaint the front end of the car yet -my tranny is getting fixed as we speak and i hope to get it back in a few days-lotta lil crap i want to do -kinda getting sick of working on the damn thing-may not go to the track till fall -just so i can drive it all this summer and enjoy it again --modding is gettin old right now--what about you do anything more to the truck?

Crawlin
03-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Timmy's putting a 4.3L V6 in there :) Taking my approach of lighter weight, hahah

BAD LS1
03-04-2004, 09:35 PM
were gonna get hit with the "magic stick" !!!:goof

If i can hit it once, i can hit it twice.....

if i can blow up once, i'll blow up twice....:cool2:

Crawlin
03-04-2004, 09:50 PM
OH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crawlin
03-04-2004, 09:51 PM
DOUBLE DAMN FOR THE HIT IT TWO TIMES!!!!

lotsals1
03-04-2004, 10:32 PM
KTISH whats that you ask its the sound of a full can opening -
or is that the sound of a valve seat falling "dunno but youll hear both":yawn::dance

BAD LS1
03-05-2004, 08:40 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH Isolated case, cheap shot !!!!!!

WOW easy killer!!!! I recall a certain instance when i gotta bunch O crap form you about the G5X2 cam....;)

So i couldnt resist the "magic stick"!!!:flipoff:

lotsals1
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
You know i'm just playing with ya--I gotta you are my closest nemesis -On a personal note "I hope it doesnt happen to ya"
just gotta sling a lil shhit at ya" :devil
And the MAGIC GRIND if you remeber was you last year getting cockey with me;)
And there are certain Peolpe here "cough couchrisminnich"who like starting things like this:D

Crawlin
03-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by lotsals1
And there are certain Peolpe here "cough couchrisminnich"who like starting things like this:D

HAHAHA, DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!