PDA

View Full Version : Sports show = lame

Rocket Power
03-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Just got back from the sports show, waste of $8. They should just call it the boat and lodge show, with some other stuff:rolf

That_Guy
03-07-2009, 02:17 PM
sport show blows they made it to expensive for all the good vendors to come to. my father and i use to go to it every year. this is the first year we wont be going because we both came to the conclusion that it is a waste of money. it all started when they had the show at the Midwest express center. there where a few good vendors like the guy you could buy rubber bait by the gallon and some really good deals on tree stands..

GR8COM
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I stopped at one booth that I have interest in purchasing from was the booth with all the Pelican hard cases custom cut foam to fit your firearms. I already have the Pelican case so I want to know how much they are going to rape me to cut the foam correctly since mine looks horrible that I did myself. It was The Pelican Store

Monstr913
03-08-2009, 04:21 PM
i got 16 tins of chew at minimum of $5 a tin i made out on the deal, other than that it sucked the lumberjack show was alright the announcer girl didn't look bad

Reverend Cooper
03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
hmmm i used to really like to go but it just got old

Korndogg
03-08-2009, 04:43 PM
i just went for the tobacco lol

Rocket Power
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't chew (and besides if I did the skoal girls at the WOW were better than the dudes at the sprts show:rolf) :rolf I only saw a few gun things and I wasn't going to pay $450 for an enfield. Even the NRA wasn't there, of all years I thought for sure they'd be there.
I don't fish or boat so 90% of the show had no interest for me

That_Guy
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I stopped at one booth that I have interest in purchasing from was the booth with all the Pelican hard cases custom cut foam to fit your firearms. I already have the Pelican case so I want to know how much they are going to rape me to cut the foam correctly since mine looks horrible that I did myself. It was The Pelican Store

i looked at there cases.. they are pretty nice.. its tobad i dont have the funds to pay that much for a case. so for now im just going to pick up another gander mountain case.

GTSLOW
03-08-2009, 06:58 PM
The Army corner was cool tho right? :goof

I had to work sat and sun.

Korndogg
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM

hah. you should have said something. I would have stopped over.

Rocket Power
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
hah. you should have said something. I would have stopped over.
Yeah,I did wonder if you'd be there but then I thought that would be too far away for you

DSMDuDE
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I picked up my Pflueger President reel for a pretty good price, could find the right rod i wanted to go with tho

Car Guy
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Playing Guitar Hero...??? :goof

That_Guy
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I picked up my Pflueger President reel for a pretty good price, could find the right rod i wanted to go with tho

very nice.. i bought one at the sports show last year.. it was for my ultralight.. i put it on my st. croix last summer i caught a 30" 5.5lb bass with that combo.. broke the rod but the reel was great the whole way through the factory replaced the rod when i sent in a picture of the fish :rolf

STANMAN
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
very nice.. i bought one at the sports show last year.. it was for my ultralight.. i put it on my st. croxy last summer i caught a 30" 5.5lb bass with that combo.. broke the rod but the reel was great the whole way through the factory replaced the rod when i sent in a picture of the fish :rolf

St. Croix rods are guarenteed for life. I have never had one break on me, what happened that made it fail, did they ever say???

DSMDuDE
03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm looking for a St. Croix or a fenwick 6'6" or 7' medium heavy power with fast tip. Get that then I will be set.

That_Guy
03-09-2009, 02:01 PM
St. Croix rods are guarenteed for life. I have never had one break on me, what happened that made it fail, did they ever say???

they never said but i did get a letter back from them with my rod saying that the picture i sent it was going to be put up on the there pin board.. they payed for the shipping and everything.. ill never buy another fishing rod unless its a st. croix.. not to mention gotta support an american made product.

PureSound15
03-09-2009, 02:31 PM
they never said but i did get a letter back from them with my rod saying that the picture i sent it was going to be put up on the there pin board.. they payed for the shipping and everything.. ill never buy another fishing rod unless its a st. croix.. not to mention gotta support an american made product.

I will stop picking on your grammer if you'll furnish proof that you were only able to complete the 2nd grade.

On topic - I signed up for St. Croix's "blooper" poles and received about 12 of them in a box a year ago - some with broken tips (big deal) and some with some eyes missing or paint that was chipped. I think I had to pay for shipping ($15?) but the poles were free.