PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow a car trailer!! First weekend in april!!

eltness350
03-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Hey guys
I'm in NEED of a car trailer for the first weekend in april....had some lined up and got excuses y i couldnt use it when i asked months ago:rolleyes: so yea im willing to pay cash for the use of it....really dont want to "try" and use a uhaul crappy one since it might not be low enough for my ride.
ryan

Cryptic
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
From where to where?
How long?
What truck?
Is it yours?
Have you done this before?

God this has been asked a 1000 times before. People with trailors want to know these things.

eltness350
03-07-2009, 06:21 PM
goin down to marietta,ga ...13hr drive...using my nissan titan...i would need it from thursday and be back on sunday....i have towed before but not with this vehicle....
WILLING TO PAY CASH!!

nismodave
03-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Thats a TALL order my friend.

I wouldnt let a person I dont know take a trailer to GA without a cashiers check for the amount of my trailer in my hand.

Call a local rental place. Will cost u some coin, but will get u what u need.

LIL EVO
03-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah lol. Let me know what trailer places are willing to rent you one for. I have one available also.

Breecher_7
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
That tow vehicle alone would cancel out anyone I know from loaning you there enclosed trailer. (im assuming thats what your looking for as you said it has to be low) Not enough truck and probably doesnt have a brake controller.

Id be willing to do the entire job for you over a weekend but its gonna cost you.

Good luck with your search but I think your best bet is going to be to get one from a rental company such as U-haul but I dont think they have low to the ground trailers available other then like a car dolly.... If A dolly would work Id go that route....

A B4C Z
03-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Shoot Slowc5 a pm We might have one you need. My lowered f-bbody and lowerd c5 will go onto this trialer.

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
GA and back....that will cost some coin as some have said...but as a newbie to borrow a members trailer....def a cashiers check for said trailer as NISMO has stated...

i'd let you borrow ours...but it seems it was just sold...

eltness350
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
i will pick up a brake controller if the trailer has electric brakes no problem....i understand it is a huge order....uhaul charges 50for the first day and 35after for there crap trailers...
car in question....2003 nissan 350z twin turbo....ill let u drive it after i use the trailer!!

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=zstuff124.jpg

truck to tow it with....2005 nissan titan
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/Ryans%20Car%20Pics/?action=view&current=titan001.jpg

pm's sent!!

eltness350
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
also it doesnt have to be a enclosed trailer....a open flatbed is fine
if someone wants to hang out and get to know me a bit thats cool also...i kno some people on the site but not enough...
thanks
ryan

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2009, 09:40 PM
i will pick up a brake controller if the trailer has electric brakes no problem....i understand it is a huge order....uhaul charges 50for the first day and 35after for there crap trailers...
car in question....2003 nissan 350z twin turbo....ill let u drive it after i use the trailer!!

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=zstuff124.jpg

truck to tow it with....2005 nissan titan
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/Ryans%20Car%20Pics/?action=view&current=titan001.jpg

pm's sent!!

most enclosed trailers have the brake set up you speak of...

call toms trailers in men falls.........he rents open trailers....your truck should handle a open trailer

eltness350
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
sweet!!! thanks!!

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2009, 09:47 PM
no problemo

Flicktitty
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Your friends with Andy (Cponygo) right?

eltness350
03-07-2009, 10:54 PM
yup! i work with andy! also know chad/smokey with the race gas...they will vouch for me

BadAzzGTA89
03-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Should have asked we have flat bed semi trailers heading down to forest park GA now would have fit on a few!

Smokey1226
03-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Ryan is a very good guy. If my enclosed was big enough you could have it for however long you needed it, and you know that.

Smokey1226
03-08-2009, 03:12 PM
That tow vehicle alone would cancel out anyone I know from loaning you there enclosed trailer. (im assuming thats what your looking for as you said it has to be low) Not enough truck and probably doesnt have a brake controller.
Rofl, you dont get to the track much do you?

Ive seen Expeditions/Jeeps/Suburbans pulling 24ft Enclosed, with Race cars and full of (drums of fuel/spare parts/ect)

So to say a Titan isnt enough.........ill leave it at that.

lordairgtar
03-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Could just drive the car down there and fly back.

eltness350
03-08-2009, 06:50 PM
lol u guys r funny...im takin it down there to get it tuned...just dont want somethin to happen to the car while i drive it down so i decided to tow it....thanks for all the responses!!!

Breecher_7
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Rofl, you dont get to the track much do you?

Ive seen Expeditions/Jeeps/Suburbans pulling 24ft Enclosed, with Race cars and full of (drums of fuel/spare parts/ect)

So to say a Titan isnt enough.........ill leave it at that.

I do get there quite often... I didnt say you dont see people doing it, im just saying its not safe and most people wont loan out a trailer to someone that doesnt have the PROPER vehicle to pull it. If its your own trailer go ahead and pull it with a geo metro, thats on you... :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
why not look into a a transport service,less liability and the cost will be close what it will run you in fuel,lodging and food in alotta cases. just a suggestion

SSLEVO
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
lol u guys r funny...im takin it down there to get it tuned...just dont want somethin to happen to the car while i drive it down so i decided to tow it....thanks for all the responses!!!

Why do you need to go to GA to tune it? There has to be a shop closer that can do it. What engine management are you using?

Yooformula
03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
what transport services would you recommend Coop?

Reverend Cooper
03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
really just look into local transporters in the area you are going to,If they have a truck coming up here and are going back empty they will give you a good deal on shipping back. I don't know of any local in that area but there are plenty around here. I don't deal with any transports in that area. so I cant comment on that.

eltness350
03-08-2009, 10:55 PM
i have a hks f-con.....ams wont tune it.....not certified...sp performance...again not certified...injected performance...same...grd used to do my evo but i dont care for them.....long story.....so the best tuner/350z specialized is in georgia....i feel comfortable with them....also i think i got a trailer lined up!
thanks guys!!

Reverend Cooper
03-08-2009, 11:22 PM
im suprised ed caesars shop in wausau wont do that car.

lordairgtar
03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Can no one tune it here?

SSLEVO
03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
i have a hks f-con.....ams wont tune it.....not certified...sp performance...again not certified...injected performance...same...grd used to do my evo but i dont care for them.....long story.....so the best tuner/350z specialized is in georgia....i feel comfortable with them....also i think i got a trailer lined up!
thanks guys!!

Huh, i have never heard of that. Good luck with the tune though!

dfr225
03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I do get there quite often... I didnt say you dont see people doing it, im just saying its not safe and most people wont loan out a trailer to someone that doesnt have the PROPER vehicle to pull it. If its your own trailer go ahead and pull it with a geo metro, thats on you... :thumbsup

Sooo could you clearify why a Titan is not enough truck sir

twicks69
03-09-2009, 01:48 PM
The HK$ FCon-V Pro standalone engine mangagement system is only capable of being "unlocked" to be tuned by a Certified HKS Pro Tuner/Dealer. There are only 5 in the entire United States.

Personally, I would sell the HKS, purchase an AEM EMS, and have a professional tuner take care of it on a dyno around here. Beyond Redline Performance, AMS, etc. are both excellent tuners with AWD dynos locally that are more than capable of tuning your vehicle. It will likely cost less to sell your HKS, purchase the AEM, install it, and travel to a closer place than it will be to trailor your car to Georgia to tune your car.

You do know that you will NOT be able to touch the tune after it is done by the HKS Pro Tuner. They are required by HKS to lock it after tuning, so that the end user cannot touch the tune or change any of its values.

It is a useful system to run in Japan because there are alot of pro-tuners out there who are certified. Here in the U.S.A, it is one of the most difficult EMS'es to deal with because it doesn't allow anyone to touch it.

If it was Haltech, Hydra, MoTeC, Autronix, AEM, E-manage Ultimate, etc. it would be a better program to utilize for a competent tuner.

I am not saying anything bad about the actual FCON-V Pro; it just doesn't allow the consumer to tune their own vehicle, nor make adjustments for modifications after the tune.

Good luck with your setup!

Flicktitty
03-09-2009, 01:58 PM
The HK$ FCon-V Pro standalone engine mangagement system is only capable of being "unlocked" to be tuned by a Certified HKS Pro Tuner/Dealer. There are only 5 in the entire United States.

Personally, I would sell the HKS, purchase an AEM EMS, and have a professional tuner take care of it on a dyno around here. Beyond Redline Performance, AMS, etc. are both excellent tuners with AWD dynos locally that are more than capable of tuning your vehicle. It will likely cost less to sell your HKS, purchase the AEM, install it, and travel to a closer place than it will be to trailor your car to Georgia to tune your car.

You do know that you will NOT be able to touch the tune after it is done by the HKS Pro Tuner. They are required by HKS to lock it after tuning, so that the end user cannot touch the tune or change any of its values.

It is a useful system to run in Japan because there are alot of pro-tuners out there who are certified. Here in the U.S.A, it is one of the most difficult EMS'es to deal with because it doesn't allow anyone to touch it.

If it was Haltech, Hydra, MoTeC, Autronix, AEM, E-manage Ultimate, etc. it would be a better program to utilize for a competent tuner.

I am not saying anything bad about the actual FCON-V Pro; it just doesn't allow the consumer to tune their own vehicle, nor make adjustments for modifications after the tune.

Good luck with your setup!

good post, that's kind of what i thought.

why not a AEM EMS/ProEFI. that's what Sound Performance runs on there Z.

also will it matter the car will be tuned in geogia? (weather and what not might play a role because it's differant then here?

eltness350
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
weather wont be a problem when driving in cold/hott...the f-con will adapt....yes TIM I KNOW!! u told me at chads bday party to get rid of it...but i had most of it already installed....i dont want to touch it after its tuned...i would prob lean it out too much and fu(k myself!!
haters....y r there sooo many....sheesh....

eltness350
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM

my truck is setup to pull over 9000lbs and my lil 3000lb car will pose a prob?!:flipoff2:

Breecher_7
03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
my truck is setup to pull over 9000lbs and my lil 3000lb car will pose a prob?!:flipoff2:

Put 9000lbs behind that truck and tell me it feels safe and controllable. Thats a joke. My old Half ton Vortec Max Silverado was rated to pull 10K and still felt scary pulling over 7K lbs... Obviously this all depends on the trailor but ill tell you this, a 24' enclosed, loaded, would put a BEATING on that truck. A open trailer would be fine. I have access to a couple enclosed trailers, I would never loan them out to anyone with less then a 3/4 ton, its just not safe in my oppinion.

Breecher_7
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Sooo could you clearify why a Titan is not enough truck sir

As I already stated, truly depends on the trailer.

I agree with Coop on this one, hire a transport service.... You dont have the stuff to do the job, its to risky borrowing somthing like that for that long of a trip.

eltness350
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
well i got a trailer...open...and hauling a third of the weight that a truck is rated at should be fine thanks

Flicktitty
03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
weather wont be a problem when driving in cold/hott...the f-con will adapt....yes TIM I KNOW!! u told me at chads bday party to get rid of it...but i had most of it already installed....i dont want to touch it after its tuned...i would prob lean it out too much and fu(k myself!!
haters....y r there sooo many....sheesh....

i wasen't hating i was just thinking what would have been easier to do locally.

that car should be a beast either way! :headbang

2JZIS-F
03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Your truck would do just fine. I've been using my 4.7L tundra to pull my supra and it gets me anywhere i want to go. Good luck with your car on dyno and drive safe

lordairgtar
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I wasn't hating either. I just didn't know the set up you have can only be touched by certified techs.

eltness350
03-09-2009, 09:20 PM
its all good guys

Flicktitty
03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
its all good guys

you got any more pics/specs of your Z?

Cryptic
03-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm with breecher on this one... 24ft enclosed should be pulled by a 3/4 ton.

Your max tow rate is 9,500 pounds for the 05 Titan. Which is alot higher than I would of guessed. Most 24ft enclosed cargo trailers weight 3500-4000 pounds empty. Your 350z is about 3200 curb weight... so you're still in the green technically

I used my brother's 07 Tundra 5.7L to tow my 24 enclosed loaded to the tilt. It handled it very well. I was actually pretty surprised. Breaking required extra space, I would definitely try to have a brake controller for a long distance and freeway driving speeds. Maybe drive at night to avoid traffic as much as possible.

letsrunem
03-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Post up numbers ASAP!!

Smokey1226
03-09-2009, 11:27 PM
V-pro is a badass unit, Ryan- I know of a couple guys Ben Phillips and John Reed that will fly in if you put them up in a hotel and what not. Those guys are crazy good V-pro tuners. And will allow you to tweak stuff at will.

And I can't wait for the dyno video, ill be over this weekend to harrass you and hear the car run! <3

If worst comes to worst, you can take the cummins and pull your house with it :D

SSLEVO
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Thats odd that only "certified" tunners can unlock it. I am a do it yourself person by nature so that would piss me off to not be able to play around with it. But like you said, with so much time and money invested you might be better off leaving it to the pros. Sould be a sick ride, i'll have to check it out some time this summer.

eltness350
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm with breecher on this one... 24ft enclosed should be pulled by a 3/4 ton.

Your max tow rate is 9,500 pounds for the 05 Titan. Which is alot higher than I would of guessed. Most 24ft enclosed cargo trailers weight 3500-4000 pounds empty. Your 350z is about 3200 curb weight... so you're still in the green technically

I used my brother's 07 Tundra 5.7L to tow my 24 enclosed loaded to the tilt. It handled it very well. I was actually pretty surprised. Breaking required extra space, I would definitely try to have a brake controller for a long distance and freeway driving speeds. Maybe drive at night to avoid traffic as much as possible.

i totally agree with u but im using and OPEN TRAILER....that doesnt weigh even close to that....no worries:thumbsup

eltness350
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Post up numbers ASAP!!

i will , gonna be 500rwhp for the street tune and 600+rwhp for my track tune:headbang

eltness350
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
you got any more pics/specs of your Z?

i will make a full thread when it gets tuned for sure!
hehe i got a list....lol..and remember its been up in the air for two years since i blew the stock motor with a turbonetics st kit:mad:

EXTERIOR-

JP Type N Front Bumper with ARC Aluminum Under panel
Seibon VT Carbon Fiber Hood
Aerocatch Locking Hood Pins
Stillen Side Skirts
Vertex Rear Bumper
Veilside Version 1 Rear Spoiler with Carbon Fiber Center
Wedsport RA70’s Rims 18x9(F) 18x10(R) D1 Spec Racing Lugs/Black
Falken FR452’s (245/40) / Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets(305/35)
AP Racing 13inch Front Big Brake Kit with Slotted Rotors (Hawk HPS+ Pads) (SS lines)(Motul RBF600 Fluid)(Ferodo Racing Pads for track days)
Rear Stillen Slotted Rotors (Hawk HPS Pads) (SS lines))(Motul RBF600 Fluid)
S2000 Shorty Antenna
Rear Wiper Delete
Painted Black Door Handles
Smoked Rear Taillights and Back Up Markers
20% Tint All Around
Z8URV8 License Plate

INTERIOR-

Nismo Pistol Grip Knob/Short Shifter
Dual A-Pillar with Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and Fuel Pressure Gauge
Autometer Digital Pro Shift System/Shift Light
Defi Water Temp Gauge in OEM gauge placement
Custom Carbon Fiber Cubby with NOS bottle heater switch/DVD player switch
HKS F-CON Standalone Engine Management with controller located in center counsel
HKS EZ EVC 6 Boost Controller inset into center counsel
Greddy Turbo Timer
Alpine IVA-D300 7inch Screen CD/DVD/MP3 PLAYER
Python (Model 700) Alarm System
Odyssey Lightweight Battery(PC680) (15lbs) re-located behind drivers seat

ENGINE-

HKS F-CON Stand Alone Fuel Management with all accessories
Greddy TT Kit with Intercooler
Upgrades - 1 Bar Wastegate Springs /K&N Upgraded Filters (RU-3610) / PTP Turbo Blankets/ Jet-Hot Coated Manifolds
Bored/Honed .020over
Darton Sleeves / Evans (NPG-R) Waterless Coolant
ARP Main/Heads Studs (L19)
HKS Head Gaskets
Arias Extreme Duty Forged Pistons(9:1)
Cosworth Rod/Thrust Bearings
Pauter Forged Rods
Magnafluxed / Micro polished Crank with 2 keyways
Cosworth Tri-Metal Rod/Main Race Bearings
Fluidampr Crank Pulley with 2 keyways
Rev-up Oil Pump
Brian Crower Stage 2 Turbo Cams(264)
Brian Crower Heavy Duty Springs/Titanium Retainers
Brain Crower 1mm Oversized Valve train
Ported and Polished Heads
Ported and Polished Upper Intake Manifolds
Skunk2 Plenum Spacer
Nismo Low Temp. Thermostat
AAM Upgraded Oil Lines/Oil Pan Spacer
Nitrous Express Intercooler Sprayer with NOS Bottle Heater
Forged Performance VQ35 Rear Coolant Bypass System
Koyo Radiator with Black Samco Hoses and Greddy High Pressure Radiator Cap
Nismo Oil Cap
Greddy Oil Catch Can
APS Extreme Fuel System
HKS Twin Power DL II Ignition
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs 2 Steps Colder than OEM
Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve
AAM 3-inch down pipes with Open Dumps
APS Dual 3-inch Exhaust
Stillen Oil Cooler
Summit Line Lock
Titek Carbon Fiber Radiator Shroud
Vibrant Vacuum Distribution Block
Crawford Strut Bar
Motul 10-40w Fully Synth. Oil

DRIVETRAIN-

Nismo Short Shifter
Clutchmasters Stage 4 Clutch (6- puck)/Aluminum Flywheel
Nismo Roller Bearing Pilot Bushing
SGP Chromoly Pivot Ball
Stainless Steel Clutch Line
Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Trans. Fluid/ Rear-end Fluid

SUSPENSION-

Cusco Zero-2 Fully Adjustable Coilovers
Cusco Sway Bars (F/R) with upgraded endlinks
Kinetix Racing Traction Package –
Upgraded urethane bushings
Front Upper A-Arms
Rear Camber Arms
Rear Traction Bars
SPC Toe Bolts

eltness350
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
First Sartup (3/8/09)
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=start.flv

Idle from behind
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=running.flv

The squeal u here is one of my oil feed lines to the turbo touching the alt wire...it arched and burnt a hole in it :( so replace the line and im on the road :)

Front
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=zstuff131.jpg
Rear
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=zstuff128.jpg

eltness350
03-10-2009, 09:14 PM
V-pro is a badass unit, Ryan- I know of a couple guys Ben Phillips and John Reed that will fly in if you put them up in a hotel and what not. Those guys are crazy good V-pro tuners. And will allow you to tweak stuff at will.

And I can't wait for the dyno video, ill be over this weekend to harrass you and hear the car run! <3

If worst comes to worst, you can take the cummins and pull your house with it :D

Good to know chad!! u know u wanna come to ga with us!! gonna be a blast and then u can get one of the first hell runs right off the dyno!!:banana

Smokey1226
03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I would love to you! But with work and race gas getting nuts i doubt ill be able to take that kinda time off :(

I will see how it looks though, because if theres a window of off time im there.

Yooformula
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I got an AWESOME deal on shipping a car from NJ to here which ends up being cheaper than gas and a rental for me. $450 insured was a steal imo.

Smokey1226
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I got an AWESOME deal on shipping a car from NJ to here which ends up being cheaper than gas and a rental for me. $450 insured was a steal imo.
You're forgetting the road trip aspect. That's half the fun. He is going down with a couple of his best friends (and hopefully me) to have a blast.

a smart man once told me......"You can always make more money, but you can't make more time"

On that note i think im going to ride in the backseat handing out road soda's the whole way :thumbsup:rolf Lol Jerry would kill us, for talking the whole way down there and back hah

Yooformula
03-10-2009, 11:01 PM
oh I am all for road trips, but since its not my car and I really cant drive, this was a good deal.

Smokey1226
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
oh I am all for road trips, but since its not my car and I really cant drive, this was a good deal.
Oh no doubt, I would expect to pay $700+ from NJ.
A buddy i know paid $975 +/- from Nothern Cali, and i thought was pretty decent.

But $450 is a bargin! Do they include some kind of insurance? Or is everything they haul insured through them?

eltness350
03-11-2009, 03:02 PM
jerry would be mad we would talk too much lmao!!!

BoostedCobraSnake
03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
jerry would be mad we would talk too much lmao!!!

Ha Ha Ha