PDA

View Full Version : Chroming/polishing/powdercoating?

gottwins?
03-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Anyone know of any good places that either chrome/powdercoat/polishing at a reasonable price? thanks for any help. :banana1:

gottwins?
03-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Im looking to get my plenum (intake) done by the way.

Trutildeathxxx
03-07-2009, 09:25 AM
chrome, southwest plating in new berlin, powder coat, the one the only MIKE AT HYTEC IN WAUKESHA

gottwins?
03-07-2009, 11:27 AM
chrome, southwest plating in new berlin, powder coat, the one the only MIKE AT HYTEC IN WAUKESHA

Thanks ill look into both of those.

dr doom
03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
=1 for HYTEC!

SSDude
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM

Found out today that Southwest plating doesn't do refinishing/rechroming. There set up for production line work/large quantity new stuff.

XXXchromeplating on Lisbon sends there stuff to Chicago. Not done in house.

Irish
05-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I think LilEvo does it, Mydnitetuning (yes I think it's spelled that way, and I know a couple of guys do it on there own here too. I'll let them post up though.

I was told that if you get a small air compressor, a propane heating element, spray gun and materials, you could also try and do it yourself.

jbiscuit
05-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Found out today that Southwest plating doesn't do refinishing/rechroming. There set up for production line work/large quantity new stuff.

XXXchromeplating on Lisbon sends there stuff to Chicago. Not done in house.

less and less people willing to replate parts these days. I remember when I was looking into pricing to rechrome my bumpers. $750-900 PER bumper! :rolf :stare

retro_pony
05-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Badger Plating in South Milwaukee...
414-482-4820
badgermetalfinishing.com

u_say_go
05-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Badger Plating in South Milwaukee...
414-482-4820
badgermetalfinishing.com
third time I've said this, but it's worth repeating.....do NOT take your stuff to Badger. They focked up every part we sent them! So much so, the parts were junk and had to be replaced.
Can't tell you where to go locally, my dad has been using Advanced Plating in Nashville, Tennessee for his recent build.

juicedimpss
05-08-2009, 08:18 AM
third time I've said this, but it's worth repeating.....do NOT take your stuff to Badger. They focked up every part we sent them! So much so, the parts were junk and had to be replaced.
Can't tell you where to go locally, my dad has been using Advanced Plating in Nashville, Tennessee for his recent build.
agreed.
you cannot get NICE chrome locally. they are not able to use the same chemicals that are OK to use in other areas of the country.

LIL EVO
05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Colors I have:

Red Wrinkle
Black Wrinkle
Mirror Chrome
High Gloss Metallic Silver
Semi Gloss Black
High Gloss Black
Flat Black
Machine Gray
Bright Red
Navy Blue
Gloss White
maroon

u_say_go
05-08-2009, 10:30 AM
agreed.
you cannot get NICE chrome locally. they are not able to use the same chemicals that are OK to use in other areas of the country.
10-4 good buddy. Another thing people need to understand is, you get what you pay for. You want something chromed but dont want to fork over the coin, you're going to get sub-par quality....case in point, chrome Weiand tunnel ram with 2 chrome edelbrock carbs= $2800...but the shit is dope!

Good luck with whoever you chose.

pOrk
05-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't know who Crash used, but his bumpers on the 68 caddy turned out FLAWLESS. I know it wasn't cheap, but it was a local guy that does it on the side.

u_say_go
05-08-2009, 12:47 PM
see if you can find out who it was, guys are always looking for good chrome shops- not many around.

Josepy
05-08-2009, 12:53 PM

Buddy of mine had stuff chromed there also. Absolute junk.

Troutman
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=u_say_go;538023]third time I've said this, but it's worth repeating.....do NOT take your stuff to Badger. QUOTE]

cant agree more. my rocker cover is crap, my fuel rail had a piece peel off from painters tape..yes non-agressive painters tape.

you'd honestly be better off buying chrome-in-a-can krylon..

LIL EVO
05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Here are some of my cooler colors

http://lilevo.com/pictures/powdercoat/colors/

GRAMPS SS
05-08-2009, 06:47 PM

x2 badger sucks...advance just did some work on my buddies car..the one who bought the 70k 68 G.T.O...the chrome is flawless...but bring out the bank...he told me for the show chrome he got was $$$$$$$$$ ..but well worth it...

and the Rod above mentioned...is like a mirror...jasons dads street rod is sweeeet...

xFullThrottlex
05-09-2009, 11:41 PM
ive heard precision metals in waukesha on main does good work but i've never actually brought anything to them myself