PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen sneak peak tonight? this weekened?

Yooformula
03-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone going tonight or plan on seeing this this weekend? Post up opinions please if you do. I am really looking worward to this but will have to wait another week before I can go see it.

Karps TA
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm going sometime during the day tomorrow to see it. I never read the comic, so I'm going in with no preconceived thoughts on what it should be. But it sounds real dark, so I'm thinking I'll like it.

Mudd Runner
03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Just got home from a sneak peak the place i work paid for out entire company to go. It is a very good movie but did kinda drag a little bit in a couple spots but defiantly worth seeing.

Goat Roper
03-06-2009, 03:31 AM
I just got back from the midnight showing. If you have NOT read the book you will love this movie. Well told and Silk Spectre is worth the price of admission (opinion). And holy blood and guts batman.

With that being said if you HAVE read the book you will take issue with the ending.

Overall the 2:40 play time went by rather quickly.

Recommended.

Karps TA
03-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Saw it tonite. Not sure exactly how I feel about it. It's very dark which I really like. It's a very interesting take on superhero's and doesn't waste time with any "with great power comes great responsibility" type of nonsense.

Definetly have to read the comics I think to see what was changed.

Could have done without the blue schlongs though.

twicks69
03-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Loved it! I read the graphic novel a while back, and though the "father" thing, and the "ending" were different, it was still overall a kickass movie that I even sat through all the ending credits.

I will go see it again this week at the Ultrascreen at the Majestic. I saw it tonight at NorthShore in Mequon.

Really though, I would have loved it to be even more in detail, but it would really take around a 6-hour movie to hit all the topics. Unfortunately, it was only 164 minutes. Darn....

Goat Roper
03-07-2009, 09:05 AM
The blue schlong would have been fine once but there was alot of man ass in it and not enough Silk ass

Yooformula
03-07-2009, 10:44 AM
did anyone ever see the animated graphic comic? curious to see how it compares to that as well.

Goat Roper
03-07-2009, 10:14 PM
did anyone ever see the animated graphic comic? curious to see how it compares to that as well.

I haven't but in speaking to people that have a majority they feel like it is bastardized, especially in how New York City gets treated at the end. Google it for those that want to know.

The people I did speak to that read it AND liked it though said that it was filmed in really the only way it could without being 4 different movies.

Yooformula
03-08-2009, 12:20 AM
I thought it was really good! It felt rushed but as stated no way to make it the right way unless it was like 4-6 hours long. I really like Rorschach's character the best though. Phuck the happy endings the crap this was nice and dark and kinda hit the spot imo. The comedian was portrayed well imo also.

best quote so far from the movie...
"you dont realize I am not trapped in here with you but you are all trapped in here with me"

Goat Roper
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
"you dont realize I am not trapped in here with you but you are all trapped in here with me"

Another; "Give me smallest finger on man's hand. I'll produce information. Computer unnecessary."

Karps TA
03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
my post must of disappeared when the board went down.

I think I figured out what it was about the movie I didn't like. It was that in the end I didn't give a rats ass about any of the characters, and whether they lived or died. There was never really any sense of danger. Plus the ending really made no sense. I think I'd have rather seen a giant squid.

And 2/3rd of the movie being man parts before seeing a titty. lol