PDA

View Full Version : Job hunting...

lilws6
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Well the place i work has been treating its employees like crap since i started there and i've had enough finally. I'll be looking into part time jobs as well and full time jobs. I'm willing to be retrained in anything that doesn't require sitting behind a desk. I'm not a desk kinda guy. I'm ASE certified in brakes, steering and suspention work. I have my A/C certification and i'm qualified to do alignments on 4 wheeled vehicles. My career path has pretty much stopped with the way the economy has gone and i think i need a change. So if anyone out there could let me know if they run across something give me a hollar i'll look into it as soon as i can. Maybe i'll start give crazy deals to BCM customers before i leave my current job :goof Rock on:headbang

Breecher_7
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Ill keep my eye out for ya.... If we start hiring again ill let you know.

Silver03SRT
03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Well the place i work has been treating its employees like crap since i started there and i've had enough finally. I'll be looking into part time jobs as well and full time jobs. I'm willing to be retrained in anything that doesn't require sitting behind a desk. I'm not a desk kinda guy. I'm ASE certified in brakes, steering and suspention work. I have my A/C certification and i'm qualified to do alignments on 4 wheeled vehicles. My career path has pretty much stopped with the way the economy has gone and i think i need a change. So if anyone out there could let me know if they run across something give me a hollar i'll look into it as soon as i can. Maybe i'll start give crazy deals to BCM customers before i leave my current job :goof Rock on:headbang
Isn't that most vehicles besides motorcycles? Haha JK
Good luck finding a place, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a job. It seems like most people are not buying new cars and are just getting their cars fixed.

pOrk
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Good luck on the job hunt, ain't much out there

Yeehaw
03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
you mean you cant stand terry!?

lou bitchs about his job everytime i talk to him haha

Breecher_7
03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Good luck on the job hunt, ain't much out there

There is if you look... But I guess that depends on what you do or are qualified to do I guess. Things have definitly slowed down though.

pOrk
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
There is if you look... But I guess that depends on what you do or are qualified to do I guess. Things have definitly slowed down though.

There is always work, but most of us won't work for less then 10 bucks an hour unless we have to.

Breecher_7
03-05-2009, 08:25 PM
There is always work, but most of us won't work for less then 10 bucks an hour unless we have to.

Can make more on unemployment.. :rolf

pOrk
03-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Yea, the american way right? Collect unemployment when you are too lazy to make an honest living.

Last time I checked, those people are the reason we are where we are.

-stew-
03-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Can make more on unemployment.. :rolf

I moved to LaCross on unemployment. I applied for a tech position at the Goodyear there. looking at my application the manager told me I was more qualified than they the guy they just hired to fill the open tech spot. They .offered me a "general service tech" (tires, oil changes and general shop bitch) for $9 an hour. I took it because it was the only job around. I was making $125 less a week working than I was on unemployment. that was a major swalling of pride.

Hey OP, I've been in your shoes, and from the looks of things, you are doin better than I was back then. I stuck it out and kept wrenchin. now I got me a good job makin real money. keep your chin up and your spirits high, and look for the opportunitys, they're out there. Look into applying with local municipalities. many times people over look them as an employer.

pOrk
03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Amen Stew

I'd rather make an honest living then be a sponge

Breecher_7
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Yea, the american way right? Collect unemployment when you are too lazy to make an honest living.

Last time I checked, those people are the reason we are where we are.

I agree. Unemployment should have a 3 month cut off. If you seriously cannot find a job in 3 months, your not looking.

PB86MCSS
03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't say thats entirely true. Its always easy to say that when you have a job and aren't looking especially in this crappy economy. I took me exactly 5 months, I start my new position Monday. I get a little annoyed when people assume those who lose their jobs or can't find something within x amount of time must be lazy or something is wrong. Might be true in many cases but not all. I wasn't proud to take unemployment but it beats not being able to pay my bills because the company I worked for was doing poorly at no fault of my own.

lilws6
03-05-2009, 10:08 PM
you mean you cant stand terry!?

lou bitchs about his job everytime i talk to him haha

Its not terry acually he hasn't been bad lately. Its the store manager. he pretty much wants to fire me but lately and end of last year i've been the most productive. I can't stand the work enviroment seems like everyone is fighting for money and then you give it up and get your ass chewed because your not pulling your end. its all corperate BS if you ask me