PDA

View Full Version : So. Milwaukee GOAT, i say it Goes!

SSmike1
03-04-2009, 07:48 PM
LOL, i live right across from City hall,
and the people with the GOAT, yes a GOAT,
are being told it is against the law to own a goat in this town.
or a horse, or pig, etc...

so they tried to take the Goat into the City Council meeting today!

ROFLOL
i was laughing my @$$ off.

I say, follow the law,
Only Cats and Dogs are allowed in SM.
3 max.
they already broke that law with 2 cats and 2 dogs = 4??????

:rolf :wooo ;)

Yeehaw
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
i woulda love to see that, i think in waukesha you have to have 3+ acres

Holeshot
03-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Was on the news tonight. He says its a pigmey goat. Its a member of the family.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-090303-goat-south-milwaukee,0,4648618.story

michelle
03-04-2009, 08:10 PM
That's so sad. Let the family keep their goat - sheesh! I can see if they can't take care of it properly, but it should be on a case-by-case basis.

SSmike1
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
ya, it is too funny, i am watching it Live from my house,
and on TV, channel 6 and channel 4 were here today,

6 is still here Live!
probably for the 9pm show.

also,
i think they just ruled on the gaot issue,
tons of people just left city hall,
so maybe the meeting is over?

what is the ruling?

goat goes?
or
goat can stay?
:confused

SSmike1
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
OH JOY, now CBS 58 is here LIVE!!!!!!

ROFLOL :)

Holeshot
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I have a goat so I dont need another.

SSmike1
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Michelle,
ya a goat is ok in the country,
but
we live in the CITY!
there is no room for a goat!
Can i have a PIG? what about a Horse? why not a cow? I kinda like LLama's? where do you draw the line?

The City Council told them to get the goat outside the city hall,
the Barn is outside!

LOL :rolf

That's so sad. Let the family keep their goat - sheesh! I can see if they can't take care of it properly, but it should be on a case-by-case basis.

Beagle
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I heard cramp and adler talking about this lol!!!!

Karps TA
03-04-2009, 08:31 PM
It's a dwarf goat, it's not getting any bigger. I bet a Great Dane probably shits more then that thing, and/or needs more space.

It's like a pot bellied pig. Those make great pets.

Memphis
03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
South Milwaukees pet rules suck. If I heard correctly, you can ONLY have cats or dogs. No exotics...chinchillas, sugar gliders, etc. Why? Even if they escaped, they would do no damage or cause local problems.

michelle
03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
South Milwaukees pet rules suck. If I heard correctly, you can ONLY have cats or dogs. No exotics...chinchillas, sugar gliders, etc. Why? Even if they escaped, they would do no damage or cause local problems.

Yeah chinchillas are such a threat. My two, Keeta and Max, would totally tear up a town with all their cuteness and cause so much havoc.

SSDude
03-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Do you think West Allis would mind a couple chickens and a rooster? Turkeys would be nice for Thanksgiving.

Memphis
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you think West Allis would mind a couple chickens and a rooster? Turkeys would be nice for Thanksgiving.

Now thats just silly...they're WAY noisy! Goats only eat alot!:goof

Memphis
03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah chinchillas are such a threat. My two, Keeta and Max, would totally tear up a town with all their cuteness and cause so much havoc.

Yup, I got three. Absolutely vicious I tell ya! I'm just glad I dont live in S.M. or I'd be harboring fugitives...or something!:rolf

DirtyMax
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
That goat is probably smarter, safer, and smaller than half the dogs in SM. I personally don't see the problem. It ain't exactly Beverly Hills, LOL

Holeshot
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Greenfield has the same usless laws on their books

http://library3.municode.com:80/default-test/template.htm?view=browse&doc_action=setdoc&doc_keytype=tocid&doc_key=8d04e8515117ed9dcc9159accf833ac5&infobase=12557

Section12.11:lame:

That_Guy
03-04-2009, 09:47 PM
It's a dwarf goat, it's not getting any bigger. I bet a Great Dane probably shits more then that thing, and/or needs more space.

It's like a pot bellied pig. Those make great pets.

its a ******* joke there are dogs plenty bigger then the goat is. not to mention the government should have say over what domesticated animal you have. specially if its well kept and supervised.

Holeshot
03-04-2009, 09:52 PM
its a ******* joke there are dogs plenty bigger then the goat is. not to mention the government should have say over what domesticated animal you have. specially if its well kept and supervised.

I agree but goats arn't considered domestic. Their considered farm animals aka live stock.

Voodoo Chick
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Poor little goat......just wants to stay with the family, lol!

Car Guy
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Goat meat is tasty.....:drool:

DirtyMax
03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
They should register it as a new breed of canine with the AKC, lol.

pOrk
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
AHHAHAHHA

2 seconds after I read this thread the goat popped up on TMJ4, the goat has to go! LOL

The kid walking the goat appeared with a mullet and 2 front teeth.

GTSLOW
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I went to high school with this kid. He used to have a shit load of reptiles.

Voodoo Chick
03-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Sooo......the kid was walking the goat on a leash???? Wow, that's not something you'd see everyday.....

TheRX7Project
03-05-2009, 02:18 AM
So wait, they ruled that the family cannot keep it?

That's so BS. I mean come on, they were talking about it on Kramp and Adler and neighbors even called in and said it wasn't a problem- it's small, quiet, non-threatening... one guy said "it's better behaved than most of the PEOPLE around here".

******* So. Mil authorities are assholes. They find a reason to hassle everyone. My dad built an attatched garage, the city even approved the permit and everything. The neighbors complained because it's a 4-car garage (room for the toys!) but it was within legal specs so nothing they could do. Now, it's like they keep a watch on what he does.

He has a '66 Pymouth Belvedere and a '67 Dart on the slab outside the garage. Even though they're in decent shape, all the panels are there, no broken glass, etc. etc.... they give him a hassle about them being there. They made him register the cars, even though they are on his property and he doesn't drive them.

They even went so far as to make him clean the garage up on the INSIDE. It's a working garage- we had some stuff laying around. Apparently the cops have nothing better to do, and made him organize the garage because it was messy, and we had the dog out there with us, so they said it was "animal cruelty". We either had to clean the garage or keep the dog out.

What ever happened to doing what you want on YOUR PROPERTY so long as the neighbors didn't care?

Fuck So. Mil and their gustapo police force, as well as any other community like it.

I'll never buy a house somewhere like that.

Al
03-05-2009, 03:01 AM
I thought you were talking about a GTO at first.

SSDude
03-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Goat meat is tasty.....:drool:

cabra taco's FTW

Got Boost
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah chinchillas are such a threat. My two, Keeta and Max, would totally tear up a town with all their cuteness and cause so much havoc.They make nice jackets LOL sorry had to say it

Prince Valiant
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
So does this mean Goat Roper has to leave?

Car Guy
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
This story is classic So. Milwaukee, can anyone find the ironic twist to this story in this channel 12 news report...??? :rolf

http://www.wisn.com/family/18858430/detail.html

Goat Roper
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
So does this mean Goat Roper has to leave?

Nope, just less things to lasso :)

pOrk
03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
"A resident at 505 Madison contacted the South Milwaukee Police Department requesting an ambulance because they had smoked too much marijuana, and they were requesting a ride to the hospital," South Milwaukee Police Chief Ann Wellens said.

While responding to the call for help, police discovered the goat and suspected it did not comply with city rules. The health department was called.

LOL

Goats can carry rabies, who would have thought?

DirtyMax
03-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I think the police would have far worse things to worry about than a damn pothead's pet goat...

pOrk
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't think its the police that have a problem with the goat, its the health department.

GTSLOW
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
:rolf ****ing classic!!

DirtyMax
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't think its the police that have a problem with the goat, its the health department.

Dogs can have rabies too and theyre a helluva lot more likely to go ape shit on someone than a little pigmy goat.

This is just a waste of time and taxpayers money.

I remember SM did some stupid ass "sting" a few years ago regarding pets too. They gonna go door to door next and take inventory?

I know there are more than a few manatees and a fair share of wildebeasts walled up in some SM residences as well... they going to relocate those too?!? :goof

The health dept should be more worried about that city's HIV/capita ratio. I remember reading once that is was the highest of any city in the state, country???, something like that....

pOrk
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Dogs can have rabies too and theyre a helluva lot more likely to go ape shit on someone than a little pigmy goat.

Goats can carry rabies, and no approved vaccination for goats exists.

DirtyMax
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Dogs can carry rabies as well and no vaccination is automatic. There are a helluva lot of pet owners out there who don't spend the money or time to have their dogs vaccinated. My point is this goat is no more dangerous than many of the dogs out there when it comes to rabies.

Nick
03-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I want to go up there with a sign that says "DID SOMEBODY SAY GOATSE?"
With a big giant picture of goatse on it.

Goat Roper
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Goats can carry rabies, and no approved vaccination for goats exists.

Interesting read on this; http://www.vet.cornell.edu/public/goatvaccine/

DirtyMax
03-05-2009, 01:21 PM
This is just an overall b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d day for goats everywhere... :goof

michelle
03-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Wait they were potheads? Okay, then the goat needs to go to a nice family.

Hmm.. I will have 3 acres of my own next month. I wonder if Adam will let me build a fence and goat house?

Holeshot
03-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Hmm.. I will have 3 acres of my own next month. I wonder if Adam will let me build a fence and goat house?

Michelle If I help can I borrow him for car shows?

MurphysLaw88GT
03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
let the goat stay

TheRX7Project
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM

I know a lot of potheads. We're all nice.

Beagle
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Whats funny is that they had a petition which hundreds of people signed including all their neighbors. Obviously the goat wasnt a problem for anyone.