PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Zoom lens or ? for my new Canon camera

HRSEPLA
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I just got a Canon XSI and have the standard kit lens, but need a zoom lens and a wide angle lens for action and some still shots, halp.
Any directions to go, sales, or hookups?
I have done a search but have no idea what lenses and numbers apply...
Sam

Nick
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Sam -

Some great places to find these items are Adorama.com or even Newegg.com

Prices don't vary too much in lenses as they hold their value pretty damn well.

I wish I had more for you, but try looking for Used Canon L series lenses. They are the highest quality, and typically when buying used, they are still in pristine condition because the types of people that buy them, know how to take care of them for what they spend.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Great camera purchase BTW.

Nick

DirtyMax
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Sam - I have a Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS lens that I am kind of half-assedly selling. I got it with my 50D but I have plenty of other lenses I use more frequently so I can part with it. The IS will help you with the action stuff. It will give you greater range than the 18-55 you already have and the image quality will be improved as well.

Most of the websites are selling them for ~$400 but I am only looking to get $275 for it. I already bought a UV filter for it. I took about 10 shots with it and it's a great lens so far but I gots too many as it is...

Reviews and info here (seems to be a pretty highly regarded "next step" lens):
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=10&sort=7&cat=27&page=2

Give me a call if you want to come by and check it out.

wikked
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Sam - I have a Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS lens that I am kind of half-assedly selling. I got it with my 50D but I have plenty of other lenses I use more frequently so I can part with it. The IS will help you with the action stuff. It will give you greater range than the 18-55 you already have and the image quality will be improved as well.

Most of the websites are selling them for ~$400 but I am only looking to get $275 for it. I already bought a UV filter for it. I took about 10 shots with it and it's a great lens so far but I gots too many as it is...

Reviews and info here (seems to be a pretty highly regarded "next step" lens):
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=10&sort=7&cat=27&page=2

Give me a call if you want to come by and check it out.

I <3 this lens, and use it for pretty much everything. (too poor to buy an L yet :goof)
$275 is a hell of a deal.

HRSEPLA
03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
PM me your number again Jeremy, I gotta hook up with you anyways:thumbsup
Don't I want something that goes up to 300 though?

Nick
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
70-300 is a pretty good starter lens.

Oh yeah check bhphoto.com too.

domokun
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Pm sent on a Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS

HRSEPLA
03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I got a few PM's, let me disect these and I will get back in touch! Thanks guys!