PDA

View Full Version : Jet-Hot Mac Headers

A B4C Z
02-23-2004, 02:08 AM
I have a 97 z. I want to put the Mac Headers on. I Want to go with http://www.macperformance.com/store/product1.cfm?SID=3&Product_ID=457 Because then i dont have that stupid twisted up driver side header. If i go with that here are my questions.............

1.Will I pass emission?
-The possibilities......

-With off road pipe
Say I go to emmsions and have the off road pipe but the o2 sims are in. Do i pass because the O2 sims are in. If I understand what i have been reading. Wisconsion plugs you in and if not codes show you pass. So that means when i go for emmisons i dont need any cats because the o2 sims are replacing the cat?

-With a cat
Other case is. I have the cat in and the O2 sims. They dont do visual inspection????? no codes so i pass?

2. What do I do for the rear o2 sensor?
-I need 1 or 2 O2 sims?

3.Im going to have a cat pipe and a off road pipe I think so I can swap and have some "fun"

Let me know I hope i was clear enough and hope someone can answer my questions.

Kyle

Crawlin
02-23-2004, 08:25 AM
You are correct, if you have off road y-pipe on, but have o2 simms and are not throwing any other codes, you'll pass.

there'd be no point to running cats AND 02 simms together. If you pass the first test, they won't do a visual cause everything is fine.

Chris