PDA

View Full Version : So free agency has started

Karps TA
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Did anyone wake Ted up yet to let him know? Or is he concentrating on the high potential yet often injured I'm smarter then any other GM #9 pick this year?

You don't even hear the Packers in any rumors even. Apparently they're just going to build thru the draft again this year.:rolleyes:

Hello 6-10 again!

PB86MCSS
03-01-2009, 09:21 PM
It annoys me as well at times how conservative Thompson is but then again, I'm glad we aren't the Redskins blowing money nearly every offseason overpaying for guys. A few other teams tend to do that too, trying to be the best team in February/March.

Karps TA
03-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I agree I don't want him overpaying just to have the biggest name out there. But atleast be in the conversation for some guys. You can't just keep being the youngest team in the league every year and expect to get better. Especially with them switching to a 3-4 this year, signing a couple guys who've played in it, wouldn't exactly be a terrible idea.

It's not like they don't have plenty of cap room. I think they are like 25 mil under again.

PB86MCSS
03-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Heres to hoping they go after Peppers....I agree, it would be nice to at least hear they are in the conversation on some guys. Colin Cole might not of been a Pro Bowl caliber guy but the Seahawks got him for a reasonable price I think. Can't fill every hole in the draft.

Karps TA
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Interesting note in Peter King's MMQB

"Weirdest thing I heard over the weekend: Pack gave their coaches the weekend off. They'll be in today, and this week, to work on the free agents. I'm told that has meaning -- that the Packers want to send the message that free agency spending these days is profligate, and they'll get in when the Dan Snyders get out."

Basically saying the days of a GB signing a Reggie White are over. In that same article sounds like Canty had no desire to come to GB. Kind of interesting to see what perception it appears players are beginning to get again about GB.

PB86MCSS
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I was thinking about that too....I don't think players will go out of their way to go to Green Bay like it was in the 90's. That will come and go as you have a good team but Green Bay will fight a little harder as it doesn't support the "lifestyle" or weather of some players. Maybe thats a good thing though. One reason the Packers have been quiet, they will probably have to overspend to bring someone in, Woodson was overpaid IMO but it turned out well.

TraceDaddy
03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd have more confidence if his drafts were turing out great. They aren't. I'm having a hard time finding any redeeming qualities in Ted's ability.