PDA

View Full Version : Painted FINALLY!!!!

SMS 1
02-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Just had to show you guys! My bro finally got his car back from paint . . . . :rockwoot: updated new pics 2/29/04

http://www.steffenmotorsports.homestead.com/ericz/59.jpg
http://www.steffenmotorsports.homestead.com/ericz/63.jpg

What do you think guys? :D

Prince Valiant
02-22-2004, 09:53 AM
gotta love the carbed 3rd gens :thumbsup :rockwoot:

SMS 1
02-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Couple more pics here . . .

More pics . . . (http://www.steffenmotorsports.homestead.com/ericzpics.html)

Silver350
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
I like the color. Looks pretty tough with that cowl hood

Knyghtmare
03-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah thats a sweet color, I like it... Damn big cowl too... :idhitit lol

SMS 1
03-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Ya, the place he ordered it from makes each hood to order. He said that he ordered the 4 3/4" cowl but it measures almost 5 1/2"! It looks sweet though, gonna order the same size for mine.

Anyone know what kind of street regs there are on those? I have heard the max legal is 8" but that seems a bit too much?

Paint color is "Patiot Blue". I guess it's a new Harley Davidson color for '04. And the pics dont do it justice.:(

Scales
03-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Is that the Maro you're lookin for the spoiler for, or yours???

SMS 1
03-03-2004, 07:42 PM
No, I'm lookin for mine. He wants to keep the original on his :yawn: I just think the wing type would match the new body line created by the hood alot better IMO. I don't "need" it yet just working out some prices and such ;)

FiErO-5spd
03-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I have only one thing to say. If i had a car that was fast, i still wouldn't race that in fear that i would get my ass kicked lol.

SMS 1
03-04-2004, 07:46 AM
who said anything about racing? especially the "illeagal" type to which you seem to refer???

FiErO-5spd
03-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Its not illegal if you don't get caught ;)

SMS 1
03-04-2004, 07:53 PM
No, it is still illeagal either way. And my brother DID already learn that lesson the hard way once or twice, but he did learn it and will not be racing anywhere near the street.

About that comment earlier . . .
I was kinda still asleep this morn when I posted that! Ya I get what you are sayin now. However we don't know for sure that it is "that fast" yet. Time and track slips will tell though . . .

:3gears:

1KwikPony
03-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by SMS 1
Anyone know what kind of street regs there are on those? I have heard the max legal is 8" but that seems a bit too much?

Everyone I've talked to says it's 3" in WI, not sure as to how strictly it's inforced, but I'd stay away from any cruising spots with it, like that's gonna happen, or count on gettin messed with by the cops...

88camaro
03-07-2004, 08:00 PM
from what i hear state boys are more likey to get you then local cops for the hood. But i think if it looks close to 3" they wont. I think it would be kinda hard to get a good look at it if you driving by.

88camaro
03-07-2004, 08:02 PM
from what i hear state boys are more likey to plue you over then local cops the hood. But i think if it looks close to 3" they wont. I think it owuld be kinda hard to get a good look at it if you driving by.

1KwikPony
03-08-2004, 12:29 AM
They probably are if you're just out, but if you're somewhere that local cops are just looking for a reason to pull you over like Hwy100, I think they'd mess with you just as much.

SMS 1
03-08-2004, 12:35 AM
True. This car prob. wont see too much of the road this year. Mainly some shows and track time, next year it will be 20yrs old and qualify for hobbyist plates under street modified. All the cop's I have talked to have told me that they don't usually bother the guys with those too much, as long as they belong on the car and the driver isn't deserving to be pulled over. I have known people with cars that are tubbed and have the 8" Harwoods on their cars and never had prob's. Although they only drive on the road about 20miles a year, unless it's for power tour or something like that.

1KwikPony
03-08-2004, 12:50 AM
That's the one thing I love about cops, they won't really mess with a "muscle" car over petty laws like heights and exhaust as much as say... a civic? Seems as long as that's what the car was designed for, you don't have much to worry about.

SMS 1
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 1KwikPony
That's the one thing I love about cops, they won't really mess with a "muscle" car over petty laws like heights and exhaust as much as say... a civic? Seems as long as that's what the car was designed for, you don't have much to worry about.

LOL! Ya my heart go's out to all the punks in shopping carts all over the city :rice I mean they are the last ones that DESERVE to be picked on right?!