PDA

View Full Version : found $400

whistlin six
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Went to deposit a check at the drive through bank teller yesterday
and found $400 cash and a personal check in the tube thing.
I was like WTF?? Somebody put a deposit in the tube and drove
away without even hitting the send button?

Could have been my lucky day if I was a dishonest person...:devil

Voodoo Chick
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow.....you are way more honest than......well.....most people. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. That would have been a hard decision.

Yooformula
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
delete this thread, stfu and run to the parts store!!lol

it will come back to you one day.

84hurst
02-28-2009, 12:24 PM
odds are you would've gotten caught anyways. Banks have a ton of cameras and someone would've called and complained that the bank didn't deposit their money, they review the cameras and oh ohhh, look who stole some money...

BoosTT
02-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I was in a simular situation. I found a walet loaded with cash left on a table in a bank. I gave it to the bank though. I would have been pissed if I had to get a new drivers licence and credit cards and stuff.

Mr Twigbert
02-28-2009, 12:30 PM
What goes around comes around..

Remember that..

Unless that saying is BS and you just fugged yourself out of $400...

Guess we will never know..

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Congrats!! Doing the honest things is how we are defined as people.

Plus the owner of the $$ is probably very happy!

whistlin six
02-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Believe me, thoughts of taking the money certainly
crossed my mind, who wouldn't think that for a moment.

Then I thought of how guilty I'd feel, and security cameras ect ect
quickly ruled that out.

I do believe in what comes around goes around...

SSLEVO
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
odds are you would've gotten caught anyways. Banks have a ton of cameras and someone would've called and complained that the bank didn't deposit their money, they review the cameras and oh ohhh, look who stole some money...

Exactly, there was a 99% chance you would not get away with it. Bank got your plate number right after the other car left.

LIL EVO
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Doesn't mean they would be able to prove you removing anything that was already inside the tube.

They would see you pull the tube out and then put it back in with your items. You would not be able to see anything already inside the tube.

Then again, most banks have cameras in the tube holders to get a close up of your face which might show something already in the tube. :)

Russ Jerome
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Had the opposite thing happen to the wife and me. We were depositing checks and getting cash but when we got out to the car my Tiff said "Oh crap she didnt give us the $200 we wanted". In the bank they were sceptical as expected but said they would count the drawer at the end of the day, got a call that night and they said they were "under by $600".....I quickly raised the BS flag and said if your books are so screwed then why would you question our piddly $200 when your dumping $600 at a time! They gave us the money, there is no way in %^$# I would have gone thru all that BS for $200 had they not shorted us. Camera tape was as bad as a cell phone-camera in Tri-city on Capitol and 124th back then.

Smokey1226
02-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Believe me, thoughts of taking the money certainly
crossed my mind, who wouldn't think that for a moment.
That would of been a bad idea. I dont care what anyone believes in (religion) but it always in one way or another comes back around.

$400 sounds like a lot of money, but it could cost you a job later on down the road or something like that could cost you Thousands.

They say the Nice guy finish's last, but i dont mind going down knowing i was always honest.

HRSEPLA
02-28-2009, 02:43 PM
You reap what you sow, good man!:thumbsup

Rocket Power
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe the $400 was payback for a past good deed and now you missed out:rolf:rolf:rolf

flyin_blue_egg
02-28-2009, 07:03 PM

that's not stealing to me...it's not his fault the idiot that put the money in didn't hit send......it's not like he went into the persons belongings and took it

lordairgtar
02-28-2009, 07:23 PM
400 bucks! To me that's a lot of money, but I would still turn it in.

Reverend Cooper
02-28-2009, 07:35 PM
thats alotta blow and hookers,just kidding karma is a real bitch,you just made karma your bitch,good job.

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
good job...you did the right thing...no matter what others may think...i myself would of turned in the money...samething happened to my dad when we went to the bank awhile...he just pushed the button and sent it ..when the lady came on the camera he told her some one left it...i'm sure the right person got there mony back and someday my dad will get his just reward....as so will you....

Russ Jerome
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
thats alotta blow and hookers.

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.......you forgot beer!

whistlin six
02-28-2009, 09:41 PM
thats alotta blow and hookers,just kidding karma is a real bitch,you just made karma your bitch,good job.

Hmmm...blow and hookers:bday to me!!

No, I'd rather have karma as my bitch.

Thanks for all the kind words...

Holeshot
02-28-2009, 09:54 PM
delete this thread, stfu and run to the parts store!!lol

it will come back to you one day.

Damn right it will. Karma smiles on you for good deeds done. Good job on the honesty.

HITMAN
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
that's not stealing to me...it's not his fault the idiot that put the money in didn't hit send......it's not like he went into the persons belongings and took it

That's because you are a thieving jack-ass at heart. :loser:punch:

To the OP: Good job man, you are to be commended on your honesty.:shades

Reverend Cooper
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
That's because you are a thieving jack-ass at heart. :loser:punch:

x 11billionty

bmatson
03-08-2009, 10:46 PM
karma man. i believe it. congrats on doing the right thing

97z2801ss
03-08-2009, 10:53 PM
karma man. i believe it. congrats on doing the right thing

I believe in karma too good deed man. Just think if u were in a rush or something happend and u forgot to send you money.... you wouldnt want to be SOL. odds are too like everyone else said they would know who was the next person.