PDA

View Full Version : Del-Ton Stripped AR15 Lowers $110 CASH

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 12:05 AM
http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Lower_Receivers_s/5.htm See 'em here.

$110+ $7.50 shipping+ $25 Transfer fee. ONLY if you pay cash or
money order, Visa/MC add $5. That's $142.50 for cash $$$, or $147.50
if you need to use Visa/MC. There is a 6-10 week wait on these items,
just so everyone is clear, I do not have them in hand. Transfers will need to be done at my shop in Eagle River, or I will make arrangements when they come in to meet everyone at a gun show in Waukesha or Washington County, and do the transfers there. Option 3 is to have me ship it to an FFL holder of your choice, this will cost you more for shipping, and you would pay him/her for the transfer fee, not me.
Del-ton offers rifle kits on the site, which I can dropship to you at a discounted price. There is no transfer involved with rifle kits.

:confused Questions....Email me coop2@nnex.net

Brian

Breecher_7
02-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Del-Ton makes a decent lower receiver but I wouldnt purchase one of there rifle kits or complete rifles, there pretty crappy.

Welcome to BCM Brian, you definitly offer a service that many here will take advantage of. I to am a FFL holder and collector of class 3 firearms.

Once again, Welcome! And great entry, discounted firearms...... :thumbsup

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Del-Ton makes a decent lower receiver but I wouldnt purchase one of there rifle kits or complete rifles, there pretty crappy.

Welcome to BCM Brian, you definitly offer a service that many here will take advantage of. I to am a FFL holder and collector of class 3 firearms.

Once again, Welcome! And great entry, discounted firearms...... :thumbsup

Thanks, I am suprised that you are not helping these guys out aquiring firearms and doing the transfers for them? A class 3 is not a license but a class of tax stamp you buy when you either purchase an auto or suppressor, or if you are a dealer of class 3 NFA firearms, you are required to buy a $500 yearly tax stamp to purchase and transfer NFA items, as a Type 01 FFL holder. So, if you have a class 3 stamp, you surely hold a Type 01 FFL, or do you have a Type 03 FFL? There is a HUGE difference.
As far as Del-Tons rifle kits...they have been making rifles for quite a while and I have not heard of anyone having an issue with them. I would really like to hear of any problems you have personally experienced with their products, or is that comment like the commercial..."you know what they say about High Fructose Corn Syrup..." and no answer.....
Bottom line guys and gals, these aren't junk, they work. You can get into a rifle for under $700, there are many upgrades you can do to it later....hmm kind of like your car or bike.
I can order in any brand, just ask, and I'll let you know $$$ and wait time.
Coop :shades

Russ Jerome
02-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Hey Brian glad to see you on here!

Russ Jerome, one Delton lower please, cash.

What is the price/availability on an AR-10 style
lower? The 10 is my preference if available.

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Del-Ton makes only .223 what caliber are you looking for? The DPMS 6.8 is going for around $200 plus incidentals.

GTSLOW
02-28-2009, 09:23 AM
So is this the piece that they are looking to ban? If I buy one of these now will I still be able to find the rest of the parts a few months down the road?

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 09:35 AM
So is this the piece that they are looking to ban? If I buy one of these now will I still be able to find the rest of the parts a few months down the road?

Good question....IF the ban goes thru, IF it is the same as the Clinton AWB, then you will need an assembled rifle before such ban is law, these will then become pre-ban rifles, and be legal. These are all big IF's no one knows for sure, maybe nothing. The AWB banned certain semi- auto rifles, with certain things, large cap mags, bayonets, flash hiders I believe, unfortunately AR's generally fell under this definition, and the parts would be avail. for "pre-ban" recievers, but if they weren't built before such law goes into effect, there may be an issue there, depending on the wording of such law.
In short, to be safe, buy the whole thing now.

Brian

Breecher_7
02-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I am suprised that you are not helping these guys out aquiring firearms and doing the transfers for them? A class 3 is not a license but a class of tax stamp you buy when you either purchase an auto or suppressor, or if you are a dealer of class 3 NFA firearms, you are required to buy a $500 yearly tax stamp to purchase and transfer NFA items, as a Type 01 FFL holder. So, if you have a class 3 stamp, you surely hold a Type 01 FFL, or do you have a Type 03 FFL? There is a HUGE difference.
As far as Del-Tons rifle kits...they have been making rifles for quite a while and I have not heard of anyone having an issue with them. I would really like to hear of any problems you have personally experienced with their products, or is that comment like the commercial..."you know what they say about High Fructose Corn Syrup..." and no answer.....
Bottom line guys and gals, these aren't junk, they work. You can get into a rifle for under $700, there are many upgrades you can do to it later....hmm kind of like your car or bike.
I can order in any brand, just ask, and I'll let you know $$$ and wait time.
Coop :shades

I am a type 01 FFL and I am dealer of class 3 firearms as well.... I also hold lisences to Manufacture High/low Explosives and Blasting Agents, and Import High/low explosives and blasting agents. I also retain permits to use High/low explosives and blasting agents.

I buy firearms and re-sell them for profit/extra income and I take on demolition work as a side business.

As far as the Del-Ton rifles... The machining/finnish of there parts is poor in my oppinion. The only AR's I push are LMT... or RRA if you want somthing quality at a lower cost.

Once again, welcome to BCM!! Good to see another gun nut! :thumbsup

GTSLOW
02-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Can you finance a gun :goof

Breecher_7
02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Can you finance a gun :goof

Yes!!!!

Its called a credit card... :durr

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I am a type 01 FFL and I am dealer of class 3 firearms as well.... I also hold lisences to Manufacture High/low Explosives and Blasting Agents, and Import High/low explosives and blasting agents. I also retain permits to use High/low explosives and blasting agents.

I buy firearms and re-sell them for profit/extra income and I take on demolition work as a side business.

As far as the Del-Ton rifles... The machining/finnish of there parts is poor in my oppinion. The only AR's I push are LMT... or RRA if you want somthing quality at a lower cost.

Once again, welcome to BCM!! Good to see another gun nut! :thumbsup

Sweet, sounds like you have your hands full already... what are you charging for an NFA transfer?
I didn't want to butt heads here, just wanted to clear things up is all, and just looking for a reference point on the NFA question..

Russ Jerome
02-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Del-Ton makes only .223 what caliber are you looking for? The DPMS 6.8 is going for around $200 plus incidentals.

I would like to build a 6.5 Creedmore or other 308 based
custom for long range deer hunting. I believe any 7.2
lower would suit my needs, finish unimportant.

edit: 7.2 or 308 large frame...I said 6.8 sleeping (small frame).

TheRX7Project
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Question-

How do they "prove' you had the gun built pre-ban? Couldn't you just use one upper + misc. and put it on a shit-ton of lowers? Would all those lowers be considered pre-ban?

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Question-

How do they "prove' you had the gun built pre-ban? Couldn't you just use one upper + misc. and put it on a shit-ton of lowers? Would all those lowers be considered pre-ban?

Like I said, it will depend on the wording of such a law. The lowers are numbered and can be looked up as to when they were built from the manufacturer. The swapping of 1 lower to other uppers.....that depends how it is written, I have no answer on that one. Any lower bought before such law would most likely be the new "pre-ban" lowers.

Just so we are clear....as of NOW there is no bill in the works. Not to say there won't be, but for now all is as it should be.

That_Guy
02-28-2009, 04:29 PM
next paycheck im ordering another lower reciever my dad wants one im going to get it for him as a birthday gift!!!!

so next friday for sure

i already have a delton fully built lower and i love it

TheRX7Project
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Sorry for a threadjack, but does high shelf or low shelf make any difference in the performance of an AR?

LIL EVO
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
What does that mean? AFA im concerned its not difficult to screw up a lower.

Go look on ar15.com and they have reviews of different lowers with fitment.

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
What does that mean? AFA im concerned its not difficult to screw up a lower.

Go look on ar15.com and they have reviews of different lowers with fitment.

I am confused...would you screw up a lower while using it or while building it?:durr

Reverend Cooper
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I will be taking 2 myself,Brian I think my boss wants one also

Russ Jerome
02-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Sorry for a threadjack, but does high shelf or low shelf make any difference in the performance of an AR?

DelTons are pretty decent lowers:
http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=401668

The worst made lowers out there will still fire under 1/2"
MOA, its the upper that dictates the groups. For every
manufacture out there you will find someone who had
to file a little here or their to accept parts, just the
nature of producing Milspec parts off a 40yr old design.

If I gave you a BillyBobs cheapo lower and a Lewis Machine
Tool composite lower, a table and a micrometer you would
have a tough time saying what was better less the way one
would look astheticaly.

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 07:52 PM

would look astheticaly.

Right on. At risk of opening up a large arument......it's like the difference between Ford, GM, Dodge, Toy's, Mit's,.....you can name the differences all day, but at the end of the day they all get you home from work.

Brian

Russ Jerome
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Put even simpler:
http://www.atactvblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ar-dis-large3.jpg
With that upper and a table spoon you could fire a round,
dont even need the lower but to lock the chamber closed
and cycle the next round after the trigger group is stroked.

***disclaimer Brew City muscle and its members do not
condone you shooting ammo thru unassembled rifles!***

Breecher_7
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM

would look astheticaly.

Ive owned the Del-ton lowers in the past, I wouldnt put del-ton in the same sentence or catergory compared to LMT. But as you know, talk is cheap. So I say this, bring one of those del-ton lowers over when you get it. We can compare it to your DPMS lower on your remington, and the LMT, Colt, And RRA lowers I have. We can take measurements and compare machining and finnish quality.

Again, my oppinion... But we can back this up by a fair comparison to others when they arive. :thumbsup

But at this point, buy what you can.... Who knows whats going to be available next month.... Im glad I have a hookup at LMT...

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Ive owned the Del-ton lowers in the past, I wouldnt put del-ton in the same sentence or catergory compared to LMT. But as you know, talk is cheap. So I say this, bring one of those del-ton lowers over when you get it. We can compare it to your DPMS lower on your remington, and the LMT, Colt, And RRA lowers I have. We can take measurements and compare machining and finnish quality.

Again, my oppinion... But we can back this up by a fair comparison to others when they arive. :thumbsup

But at this point, buy what you can.... Who knows whats going to be available next month.... Im glad I have a hookup at LMT...

So, where ya going with this? Your stuff is best? These won't work? WTF?
What is your point here? Measure them up, what is that going to prove?
35+ year old M16's that are worn still rock and roll with the best of them, so really what is your point? Deltons aren't as pretty, a little loose, big F'ing deal they will work and shoot as good a the guy pulling the trigger.
Do you just want or need someone to say you are right? Look elswhere if ya do.
While I'm thinking about it why don't you hook up all these folks with your family hookup at LMT. I would say you're being a bit selfish if you don't.

TheRX7Project
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
I was more or less wondering what difference it made if it was a High-Shelf or Low-Shelf lower, if any at all. I see what the physical difference is, what is the difference besides the height of the shelf inside?

Coops Brother
03-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I was more or less wondering what difference it made if it was a High-Shelf or Low-Shelf lower, if any at all. I see what the physical difference is, what is the difference besides the height of the shelf inside?

The "shelf" is the area inside the rear of the lower reciever just under where the rear take-down pin connects. A "low shelf" reciever allows for the use of DIAS (Drop In Auto Sear) Assembly. Read more here
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=406071

TheRX7Project
03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
OK thanks.

SSLEVO
03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking about picking up a couple to build. I don't know much about all of that yet but have been wanting to build one for a while. How would we go about shipping these and whatnot through a FFL dealer? From what i see people are pretty happy with the del-ton rifle kits, i think it would be fine for me since i would just be plinking with it anyway.

Reverend Cooper
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
my brother is the transfer source re-read please

SSLEVO
03-03-2009, 10:13 PM
my brother is the transfer source re-read please

Yeah i got that, but i don't really want to go to eagle river to pick them up. When is he going to bring them to the gun show down here? I'm tired so maybe i'm not getting it, lol.

Russ Jerome
03-03-2009, 11:09 PM
From what i see people are pretty happy with the del-ton rifle kits, i think it would be fine for me since i would just be plinking with it anyway.

We touched on it before but its worth mentioning again,
the lower means nothing to accuracy or dependability, it
is simply a housing that hold the trigger and is the conduit
for the remaining pieces (important ones like upper barrel).

You can buy a nickel plated 45 or a blue 45, same results
when the trigger is pulled but some may like the finish.

MurphysLaw88GT
03-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Here is a list I seen..

Lewis Machine & Tool

* LMT
* Lauer
* DS Arms
* PWA
* Eagle
* Armalite
* Knights Armament
* Barrett

Continental Machine Tool

* Stag
* Rock River Arms
* High Standard
* Noveske
* Century (New)
* Global Tactical
* CLE
* S&W
* MGI
* Wilson Tactical
* Grenadier Precision
* Colt

LAR Manufacturing

* LAR
* Bushmaster
* Ameetec
* DPMS
* CMMG
* Double Star
* Fulton Armory
* Spike's Tactical

JVP

* Double Star
* LRB
* Charles Daly

Mega Machine Shop

* Mega
* GSE
* Dalphon
* POF
* Alexander Arms

Olympic

* Olympic
* SGW
* Tromix
* Palmetto
* Dalphon
* Frankford
* Century (Old)

Sun Devil

* Sun Devil forged billet receivers

Superior

* Superior Arms
* Lauer (New)

Breecher_7
03-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Here is a list I seen..

Lewis Machine & Tool

* LMT
* Lauer
* DS Arms
* PWA
* Eagle
* Armalite
* Knights Armament
* Barrett

Continental Machine Tool

* Stag
* Rock River Arms
* High Standard
* Noveske
* Century (New)
* Global Tactical
* CLE
* S&W
* MGI
* Wilson Tactical
* Grenadier Precision
* Colt

LAR Manufacturing

* LAR
* Bushmaster
* Ameetec
* DPMS
* CMMG
* Double Star
* Fulton Armory
* Spike's Tactical

JVP

* Double Star
* LRB
* Charles Daly

Mega Machine Shop

* Mega
* GSE
* Dalphon
* POF
* Alexander Arms

Olympic

* Olympic
* SGW
* Tromix
* Palmetto
* Dalphon
* Frankford
* Century (Old)

Sun Devil

* Sun Devil forged billet receivers

Superior

* Superior Arms
* Lauer (New)

:thumbsup

SSLEVO
03-04-2009, 07:45 AM
We touched on it before but its worth mentioning again,
the lower means nothing to accuracy or dependability, it
is simply a housing that hold the trigger and is the conduit
for the remaining pieces (important ones like upper barrel).

You can buy a nickel plated 45 or a blue 45, same results
when the trigger is pulled but some may like the finish.

Yeah i know a lower is a lower, kind of, lol. I was thinking about building their whole rifle kit. As long as i could shoot a 3" group at 100 yds i would be happy, and i think that should be doable with their kit.

TheRX7Project
03-04-2009, 08:22 AM
The way I see it is pretty much any gun I get is going to be more accurate than I am capable of thoroughly utilizing. I'm jittery, and no matter how hard I try, I can't shoot better than 4 MOA crouched nor standing.

MurphysLaw88GT
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
4 MOA is still within minute of man

SSLEVO
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
The way I see it is pretty much any gun I get is going to be more accurate than I am capable of thoroughly utilizing. I'm jittery, and no matter how hard I try, I can't shoot better than 4 MOA crouched nor standing.

yeah, i know what you mean, i have a pretty steady hand. I haven't been to the range for a few years shooting a rifle though.

TheRX7Project
03-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I was gonna go today... but overslept. I need to re-sight my plinker since I re-stocked it and moved the scope.

LIL EVO
03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Comparison of the $140 Roggio Arsenal lowers ($140 each, $130 for 5) compared to an RRA.

www.lilevo.com/guns/ar

SSLEVO
03-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Just picked up 2 of them, thanks Brian.

Coops Brother
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Just picked up 2 of them, thanks Brian.

Thank You Nick!!!
=========================

Just a reminder everyone, this order is going in Friday Mar. 6th, let me know that you want one...or two.

Brian

Coops Brother
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Del-Ton lower recievers ordered today, the wait begins...

Brian

Coops Brother
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Lower_Receivers_s/5.htm See 'em here.

$110+ $7.50 shipping+ $25 Transfer fee. ONLY if you pay cash or
money order, Visa/MC add $5. That's $142.50 for cash $$$, or $147.50
if you need to use Visa/MC. There is a 6-10 week wait on these items,
just so everyone is clear, I do not have them in hand. Transfers will need to be done at my shop in Eagle River, or I will make arrangements when they come in to meet everyone at a gun show in Waukesha or Washington County, and do the transfers there. Option 3 is to have me ship it to an FFL holder of your choice, this will cost you more for shipping, and you would pay him/her for the transfer fee, not me.
Del-ton offers rifle kits on the site, which I can dropship to you at a discounted price. There is no transfer involved with rifle kits.

:confused Questions....Email me b266737@live.com

Brian

I have a new email address don't use the one above, use coop2@nnex.net

Brian

Coops Brother
05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
We are in our 10th week since ordering, no I haven't forgotten about it.
I am going to call DelTon tomorrow to see if they have a date nailed down yet for us.

Just thought I'd update ya's

Brian

USMARINE1108
05-11-2009, 06:09 AM
We are in our 10th week since ordering, no I haven't forgotten about it.
I am going to call DelTon tomorrow to see if they have a date nailed down yet for us.

Just thought I'd update ya's

Brian

I'm putting an AR together for another Marine. He ordered his lower from DelTon the end of Nov, and hasn't gotten it yet. At the same time, I ordered a spare buffer spring. I JUST got that 3 weeks ago.

SSLEVO
06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
6-10 weeks eh??? Where the heck are these things? lol

Coops Brother
06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
6-10 weeks eh??? Where the heck are these things? lol

What can I say? Hey? I expect them in a few days, (that is 14 weeks), they are shipped!

When I have them in my hands you will get an email or phone call.
Waukesha Expo gun show is June 19-21st, I will be there to transfer to everyone that ordered. Sat evening and or Sunday.

Also, no discounts from Model 1 Sales, but I do get a discount from Del-Ton on rifle kits. Now is the time to order them, you can pay me to get a discount, and then I can have the kits drop shipped to you. Let me know.

Coops Brother
06-07-2009, 12:05 AM
The lowers are in, I will be at the Gun Show at the Waukesha Co. Expo Center June 21st to transfer the lowers to all that bought from the 1st order. I will be in contact with you all as the day gets closer as to the specific time I will be there. Right now I can tell you it will be late afternoon.

Brian

TheRX7Project
06-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Are you able to order more?

Coops Brother
06-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Are you able to order more?

Of course!

Brian

SSLEVO
06-07-2009, 09:23 PM
The lowers are in, I will be at the Gun Show at the Waukesha Co. Expo Center June 20th to transfer the lowers to all that bought from the 1st order. I will be in contact with you all as the day gets closer as to the specific time I will be there. Right now I can tell you it will be late afternoon.

Brian

Hey, i will be out of town that weekend, how else can we do this?

Coops Brother
06-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I will not be able to make it by 5pm saturday, when the show closes. So, I will be there Sunday morning, time to be determined....I think someone offered me a steak and some beers sat.......:alcoholic

SSLEVO
06-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I will not be able to make it by 5pm saturday, when the show closes. So, I will be there Sunday morning, time to be determined....I think someone offered me a steak and some beers sat.......:alcoholic

What kind of deal can you get on the Del-ton kits and whats the lead time?

Russ Jerome
06-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I think someone offered me a steak and some beers sat.......:alcoholic

Im in the garage wrenching and drinking every night, free beer but you'll need to bring the steak (plenty of deer meet if you dont mind sirloin).

TheRX7Project
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Check you email, Brian!

Coops Brother
06-15-2009, 08:20 PM
What kind of deal can you get on the Del-ton kits and whats the lead time?

Most are in stock and ship within a week or so. They can drop ship right to your door, too. Prices are usually $15-20 off of the price listed.

Coops Brother
06-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Thanks to all of you that bought lowers, everything went smoothly.