PDA

View Full Version : Best Automatic Car Washes

xopher
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I know there's old threads about preferences in washing and waxing, but the topic of what specific car washes in the Milwaukee area people prefer hasn't been touched in a while. Some people only hand-wash or never wash :wow. I wanted to ask people in this thread what automatic car washes they prefer around these parts. I'm interested specifically in touchless, but I'd like to hear about everything. So, where do you like to go?

What is your favorite automatic car wash?
BP at the corner of TT and 18 on the west side of Waukesha

Is it touchless?
Yes

How well/long does it dry?
~65 seconds, top dry only, no sides.

What about it do you like?
Decent underbody flush, medium spray strength, Rain-X coat near the end

GRAMPS SS
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM

Winners Circle in Germantown....

Is it touchless?
Yes

54 seconds, top dry and some of the sides..like half way up...

Decent underbody flush, full blown blast for a rince, and if you don't like the job...the attendent on dudy lets you go though again...but i have never gotten a bad wash there..also..no ramp to pull into, just pull in till it tells you to stop...price is good as well....rate this wash... 8 3/4 OUT OF 10

good thread :thumbsup

84hurst
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I used to like the PDQ on 59 and West but this year it kinda sucked. Didn't get nearly all of the salt off my truck. BTW it is touchless.

I just used the BP on Loomis and Layton and I was really impressed with that one. It too is touchless and did a great job, even the drying part. I'd recommend them over anyone.

88Nightmare
02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Oak Creek Car Wash on the corner of Howell and Rawson

Is it touchless?
Yes

~65 seconds, top and sides

underbody flush is ok, medium spray strength, Rain-X coat near the end, fresh warm water not filtered recycled water, always a spot free dry, flat area - no ramps to drive up or down so you dont have to worry about ground clearance, multiple soap and rinse cycles make sure its clean and rinsed properly with no soap residue

Jeff
02-26-2009, 01:04 PM
I used to like the PDQ on 59 and West but this year it kinda sucked. Didn't get nearly all of the salt off my truck. BTW it is touchless.

I just used the BP on Loomis and Layton and I was really impressed with that one. It too is touchless and did a great job, even the drying part. I'd recommend them over anyone.

I use this one all the time, but like stated something happened to it this year, it works good, but if you go through twice it would be perfect (I'm not going to spend $15+ for a car wash)

PonyKiller87
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Oak Creek Car Wash on the corner of Howell and Rawson

Is it touchless?
Yes

~65 seconds, top and sides

underbody flush is ok, medium spray strength, Rain-X coat near the end, fresh warm water not filtered recycled water, always a spot free dry, flat area - no ramps to drive up or down so you dont have to worry about ground clearance, multiple soap and rinse cycles make sure its clean and rinsed properly with no soap residue

I like that one too but if you go there on a weekend expect to wait a good half hour or so. Even with the 2 lines that place backs up 5 or 6 cars in each line.

Car Guy
02-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I have not personally been through this one yet but it looks just as nice as many other 'flat' drive-in washes. It's located at the Shell station on the NE corner of Howell & Layton and is no more than 3-4 months old. If someone has a chance to try it out please post up the results, I live VERY close to it and plan to use it during the summer if it's decent.....:)

03CVLX
02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Full service Car wash
Hwy 100 between Edgerton & Grange

Is it touchless?
No...Soft Touch

Hand Dried

Sign up for the VIP program, you get 25% off the washes 3 times a month also, they have a free 5 day rewash for ANY reason.

If I go to a gas station I like the new PDQ on 27th & College, you can choose between touchless or soft touch for same price in case your car is really filthy, also the Poor Richards on Hwy 100 & Oklahoma and the BP Loomis & Layton work Excellent.

Karps TA
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Theres a new one that opened up in Muskego late last year that I really like. It's off of Racine/Janesville by the Autozone. They have 2 types. Touchless and a soft touch. I've used both now and very happy with each of them. Both have dryers that move around the car instead of the you drive thru type.

I think prices range form $6-12

-stew-
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Hand wash 3-4 times a week year round ftw...

SSLEVO
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Hand wash 3-4 times a week year round ftw...

You have a heated garage with a drain? I would love too since the touchless ones suck most of the time. Its usally too cold and it freezes on, lol.

VroomPshhTsi
02-26-2009, 03:05 PM
x2 for Full Service Car Wash (I go to the one on Bluemound, west of Calhoun).

I very rarely take my car somewhere to get washed, but when I do I go there. A little pricey but worth it IMO, I've always been happy leaving that place.

sdb300zx
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
No good car washes here, but when I go see my dad in Naperville, il I go to http://www.deltasoniccarwash.com/ Love it!!

Yeehaw
02-26-2009, 06:15 PM
trackside in waukesha

That_Guy
02-26-2009, 06:47 PM
kwik trip oconomoc by 94 /thread...

lordairgtar
02-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Theres a new one that opened up in Muskego late last year that I really like. It's off of Racine/Janesville by the Autozone. They have 2 types. Touchless and a soft touch. I've used both now and very happy with each of them. Both have dryers that move around the car instead of the you drive thru type.

This car wash is awesome!!. The soft touch one really is very good. It doesn't beat the hell out of your car. They even have wheel washers that locate your wheels and wash them. They have Rain-X. If the owner is there with nothing to do, he will towel off your car. He also does detail work. The coin-op machine will take twenties and your change comes back as dollar coins (sackies, and the new prez ones) which is no prob for me cuz the snack machine at work will take them.

TraceDaddy
02-27-2009, 12:28 PM

8-12 actually but you're right. Very good one. I like that it takes credit cards (I rarely carry cash) and you get $2 off your next wash within a week. It has a wheel/tire brush thing I haven't seen before.