PDA

View Full Version : one good thing about doyle's bail out proposal

Waver
02-23-2009, 08:19 PM
well I heard this on the news this morning........Part of the proposal will be to have only one plate issued per vehicle, so no front plates......it is about frigen time

awsomeears
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Doesn't make any fricking sense to me, state wants to make money so they currently make it the LAW to have both plates. They pull people over with 1 plate and fine them state gets $$$$$

Now he want's to save money on costs and make it legal !!!!!!!!

Can we focus on something ******* else ?

It would be nice to have only 1 plate don't get me wrong, but after being pulled over for that shit and then to re-write the law or whatever the hell he is doing seems moronic to me.

Again lets focus on something else numb-nuts

GRAMPS SS
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
^^^^wis gets one plate..and you pay the same price as for 2 plates...so they still get money

awsomeears
02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
^^^^wis gets one plate..and you pay the same price as for 2 plates...so they still get money

:chair::chair::chair::chair:

son of a BitCH :rolf

awsomeears
02-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Then I'm guessing it will then be okay to have only 1 plate if that's all that is needed.

Waver
02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
hey that is how illinois is doing it now

Yooformula
02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
how many no front plate tickets are issued vs the cost or making the 2nd plate.

michelle
02-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I received a fix-it ticket for not having a front plate attached (it was in the front window). I think it would have been $84 if I didn't show an officer within x amount of days.

Are they always fix-it tickets? Or is Whitewater just not as strict about it?

lit666
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM

Depends on if Twig pulls you over. :thumbsup:rolf

GRAMPS SS
02-23-2009, 09:05 PM
i say if we go to 1 plate..as old as i am...put it on just the front of the car to piss them off...i'm old...i forgot which end of the car gets the plate...is it for coming or going...

Rocket Power
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
i say if we go to 1 plate..as old as i am...put it on just the front of the car to piss them off...i'm old...i forgot which end of the car gets the plate...is it for coming or going...You're probably one of the people that makes their plate into an art project with the year stickers, cuz they can't read where it says to put it:rolf

1320PNY
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Based on the dollars on the news, they will save $2.20 for each plate issued. Last two years they issued 1.24 Million Plates. They figure conservatively they would save $800,000.00 dollars next year. That would be 10K "no plate" tickets a year. I highly doubt they issue that many, even though some of you get two a year.

This makes sense if you negate the photo technology some police cars have these days. They actually have cameras that scan plates and run against the database for stolen / problematic vehicles. They scan while driving through lots and they get a lot of leads this way. The camera costs them $10K per car, but the returns per camera are worth the expense.

If they do go with this, there are pros and cons for everyone. I know this group hates front plates, so we are biased. I personally don't care either way. I hope for the benefit of the State they do what is best for WI.

WilliamZ
02-23-2009, 09:42 PM

I was going to say the same thing. I am sure the cost to make the plates exceeds the about of money the state makes on citations. Most of the time it they give you a fix it ticket and they don't make anything and waste their time.

Waver
02-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I have only been puled over for it twice......in 14 years of driving......

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
From a local blog I read, dead on IMO.

Jim Doyle: a man of small ideas
Posted by: Capt. Wickett on February 22, 2009 at 12:39PM EST

Diamond Jim must have gotten a headache thinking up this cost-saver: cars with only one license plate! Wow, this will save two or three bucks a car (of course, the state has raised license fees already way beyond this "savings").

Meanwhile, his administration has fathered a tremendous deficit as the money goes rolling into the pockets of the teachers union, the trial lawyers and the Indian tribes in exchange for campaign donations; all highly illegal, but with the wimpy attorney genereal we've got, the Chief Crook has no fear of prosecution.

One of my favorite cost-saving ideas is to shut down the vehicle emission stations. Cars have had catalytic converters since 1975 and the air quality in southeastern Wisconsin is excellent, even though the lefty environmental wackos would have us believe otherwise as they continue to raise the bar beyond ridiculous levels for "satisfactory" air quality.

Of course, then Doyle would have to put a few state employees out of a job (what kind of a job is that anyway?) and that would be sacrilege to a Democrat.

udlose98
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
never had both plates on any of my cars and have been pulled over for it in each one

Camaro : 10 day fix it ticket, double sided taped it on, officers came to the front of the station, looked out and passed it

Cobra : 10 day fix it ticket, double sided it on, officer signed off on it without even seeing the car.

Lotus : 10 day ticket, went to court because it was accompanied with a speeding ticket, plate ticket was thrown out becuase he was familiar with the car and said it had no spot for a front plate.