PDA

View Full Version : F-ing Car Dealerships

Silver350
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Im looking to buy a truck and ever dealer I go to I try to bargin with them and offer them a 1,000 less then the sticker price. They Come back and tell me "No". I ask for more money on my trade in they come back and say "No" You ask for $500 bucks off sticker price they say "No" then you say alright Ill go buy from someone else. They come back and try to get you to buy the vehicle but they wont offer you any thing to buy a vehicle from them. They dont even offer a free oil change unless you suggest it.

What ever happen with them coming back and saying how about this price. You got someone in the store wanting to buy a $20,000 Plus truck but still seems like they dont want your money.:chair:

Jsho13
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
you would think that they would be trying to push trucks like crazy. Our neighbor up north just bought a 08' king ranch 15k miles for 27k.

jbiscuit
02-23-2009, 12:35 PM
what dealer? Maybe try another dealership Scott?

Korndogg
02-23-2009, 12:36 PM
yeah i tried this in late summer. They looked at a price in this big pack of papers that had every vehicle in it and told me that was the lowest they could go. That was it. No bargaining or anything. The guy even told me trucks were selling extremely well. I laughed at him and walked out.

Dr.Buick
02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
See mark at heiser in west bend. he will deal

88Nightmare
02-23-2009, 12:41 PM
when working a deal on the SS (its almost a truck, an SUV anyway) they were very willing to deal, even though they had another identical one on the used lot and 4 new ones

Silver350
02-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I been to 6 different dealerships and all of them will not budge even 200 bucks on a truck.

That_Guy
02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
See mark at heiser in west bend. he will deal

mark bueller?

i dont know if he as there anymore. i bought my cobalt from him 2 years ago and talked him and his manager down 1k from sticker plus i got 0%apr.. i know a guy who does there detailing for them and he said that he was canned or left..

DirtyMax
02-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I am about 99.99% certain that he's talking about a used vehicle. Many dealers seem like they're implementing "right to the point" pricing on used cars.

There's no way in hell that they're holding to sticker on a new vehicle.

03CVLX
02-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Silver350, you got a PM.

Korndogg
02-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I am about 99.99% certain that he's talking about a used vehicle. Many dealers seem like they're implementing "right to the point" pricing on used cars.

There's no way in hell that they're holding to sticker on a new vehicle.

when I went in they had the GM employee pricing but they had a set price and that was it. They wouldn't come down at all from that set price.

Silver350
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
The vehicles that I am looking at are used. 03cvlx thanks for the PM. I am going to try one more place one more time this afternoon if that doesnt work out I will see your sales man.

DirtyMax
02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
when I went in they had the GM employee pricing but they had a set price and that was it. They wouldn't come down at all from that set price.

That is a set-priced program as well. It's a decent deal but you can do better if you go in to buy when that hoax isn't running if they want to sell a vehicle...

wrath
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
So are you looking new or used?

If you're trying to use the GM discount then they won't go any lower than that because if they do... and they get audited... they get fined. You CAN work in other options like free 2 way remote for example... or a set of take off wheels.

Which dealerships are you having trouble at? I'm going to be in the same boat more than likely this summer so I don't want to have to reinvent the square wheel of dealership dealings. I'd be looking at a new Sierra extended cab 5.5' box.

When I was looking at used vehicles they were all bastards around here. Like I'm going to buy a two year old truck for the same price I can get a brand new one for. Chicago has some smokin' deals on used trucks.

Dr.Buick
02-23-2009, 01:31 PM
mark bueller?

i dont know if he as there anymore. i bought my cobalt from him 2 years ago and talked him and his manager down 1k from sticker plus i got 0%apr.. i know a guy who does there detailing for them and he said that he was canned or left..
mark safeidii or how ypu spell it he parents own heiser. he owns smokdu yellow mustang

88Nightmare
02-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Mark Scaffidi?

Dr.Buick
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Mark Scaffidi?
ok you can spell i can't

TraceDaddy
02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Try AutoTrader. I just bought my wife a new CX-7. Saved $5K from sticker without even trying.

Silver350
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Well I found a truck and got a decent deal from a guy I play softball with.

When I was talking with him I found out there is no give in dealer pricing because they already have the vehicle marked down as low as they can so they dont have the same vehicles on the lot. Back in the day I guess there was a huge mark up compared today and that is why most dealers wont budge on pricing. I ended up only being able to get them to drop the price an extra $500. And if looking at the vehicle on KBB I ended up paying $500 over KBB which is the best I could get any dealer down too.

I put money down on a 2007 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SLE Z71. This truck will disable 4 of the cylinders on the freeway to save gas. :thumbsup Its got Higher miles on it but at least I get out of my piece of shit G6 with out taking a huge hit and my payments will be around the same price. Also the vehicle was bought new from the dealership. And was owned by Toro. They use the vehilce to transport mowers and so forth to different places and the miles are mainly all hwy. The truck was also serviced at the dealers so there is a huge paper trail on the truck. Its mainly been for service and only 4 things were warrenty repairs and they all were seals that replaced.

I should have the truck by the end of the week.

Waver
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
You know, I can get any used vehicle off of any heiser lot, and I will give you the best price right off the bat....my managers (even mark whne he was here) have made it really easy for me to sell BCM members vehicles at great prices.....

Crawlin
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Yep, used cars and internet pricing....

We just pretty much implemented that because of the market. With the specials on the new cars for employee pricing AND rebates AND 0% or 48 months on the dodge/chrysler/jeep side of things, that made our used car market absolutely crap. Because those cars we've had on the lot for 30 days + were the "old" pricing. Well now we have to adjust it, and you can't just magically think that the used car we paid for $10g's a month ago, we now only paid $9g's, especially after the safety inspection, etc...

So now alot of the used cars we are selling, are actually for $1200 average LOSSES!! So price them at what they'd get at auction right now, and stick to it. It's just the changing of the market. Customers have more tools at their disposal, and can shop a wider range, and are willing to drive greater distances now that they KNOW a certain car is at that dealership. So now you have to compete with that. Lowest price always wins, plain and simple. And that may mean "this is your absolute best price". To some people, they are perfectly ok with losing a sale. Parts and service departments are what are keeping most good dealerships afloat right now anyways. I'm not trying to be a **** by saying that, just being upfront and honest. There is a reason why Carmax is the #1 car dealership in the nation. Their philosophy and processes make it that way.

I wish you wanted a Dodge. We had a red 2005 4x4 SLT Hemi, with a Banks exhaust, chrome wheels, etc... w/ 30k miles on it. I drove it for a weekend. We sold that thing for $11,750, hahahaha. NADA trade value on it was still $15,000

SSLEVO
02-23-2009, 04:55 PM
I got my evo for 2,000 off the "internet pricing" at a place down in chicago. Just try harder, lol. I can understand they are trying to give the lowest price possible to get people in the door. Paying above blue book seems odd to me though.

nismodave
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Hardball is the only way to play with dealers.

There are many cars out there. If they dont give you the price you want, walk out, and find it somewhere else.

They will call, they (almost) always do.

Silver350
02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Chris they said to me if I didnt go in there earlier in the week and have them tell me 9500 for my car for trade in and took it today they would of offered me 8500 because that is what they are going at aution now.

Dave I said the same thing and the only person that calls me after I left is a guy at hieser.

Waver
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Dave I said the same thing and the only person that calls me after I left is a guy at hieser.

Well that is good to hear that they at least called you...in my past experience with the buying end, not many places do.....I try to follow up with all my customers, however somthimes that gets to be a little tough....however on a day like today or a saturday, there really is no excuse for not calling your customers up....it is not like it was 5 years ago where traffic was high....

Crawlin
02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I got my evo for 2,000 off the "internet pricing" at a place down in chicago. Just try harder, lol. I can understand they are trying to give the lowest price possible to get people in the door. Paying above blue book seems odd to me though.

yep specialty car. They can ask more for it since there might not be many around. there's always an exception to the rule.

Try getting 2000 off internet price on a silverado, impala, malibu, taurus, accord, civic, camry, avenger, cobalt, nitro, altima, maxima, blah blah blah blah blah

All I know, and from the years of experience, you just have to be happy with the deal as a customer. It will save you all the time and agravation in the world. If you aren't, then move to the next dealership. Simple as that. But realize trying to save an extra $200 going from dealer to dealer to dealer, wasting 6 hours and $50 in gas... did you really win?

There's too many of us and I understand that. It's almost time that I'm leaving the business only because in my short stint, I've seen the "quality" of professionals get worse and worse, and people jumping into it that just need that quick buck before they get another job. Therefor no follow up, no knowledge, etc... Plus dealing with pricks as customer just drains employees. But this is what they chose to do as a job.

if you look at a pic from a dealership in the mid 80's, and then one know, the differences would be comparible to that of the pics of the fraternity in the movie "PCU" hahahaha