PDA

View Full Version : Gun Safe

Lash
02-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Any body have any recommendations for a decent, inexpensive FIREPROOF gun safe for 6 rifles, 2 pistols,(as of right now...maybe more in the future :headbang) and a bunch of ammo....possibly some personal paperwork too?
The one I have now is getting too small.....and it's not fireproof :durr
I know these things aren't cheap....but I don't want to spend a small fortune either.

Breecher_7
02-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Good and safe unfortunatly arnt in the same sentence. Good luck with your hunt! Im not gonna be much help with this one.

UnderPSI
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Don't buy the "Stack On" brand safes that dunhams sells, they are probably sold elsewhere also, but one of the guys at work bought one and the safe handle came off and he had to have a lock smith come out to drill it out to open it up. The lock smith said it was one of the cheapest safes he had seen.

I have a Safari safe from Gander Mountain. I got it in '02 and it is really nice. Good quality, digital lock. My only complaint is that it doesn't have power inside of it for a dehumidifier. If you think about it, it's worth spending money on it once considering the value of what's inside.

Breecher_7
02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Don't buy the "Stack On" brand safes that dunhams sells, they are probably sold elsewhere also, but one of the guys at work bought one and the safe handle came off and he had to have a lock smith come out to drill it out to open it up. The lock smith said it was one of the cheapest safes he had seen.

I have a Safari safe from Gander Mountain. I got it in '02 and it is really nice. Good quality, digital lock. My only complaint is that it doesn't have power inside of it for a dehumidifier. If you think about it, it's worth spending money on it once considering the value of what's inside.

Couldnt agree more...

Build a vault!!!!

Lash
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Good and safe unfortunatly arnt in the same sentence.

:confused

Breecher_7
02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
:confused

Good and Cheap.... Sorry... :rolf

Lash
02-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Good and Cheap.... Sorry... :rolf

I were confused :rolf

:chair:

ND4SPD
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
There were some Remmington-branded Liberty safes being sold at various sporting-goods retailers (like Gander) for about $549. They're advertised as 22 gun safes, 30 minute-rated which is plenty for most. As for storage, realistically if you're going to store pistols, rifles, ammo, and documents... it's more like a 10-12 gun safe... because you can really only use one side if you are sticking documents on the shelves on the other side. Also, if you need to store media (CDs, DVDs, etc...) you will need a "media cooler" which is basically just another fireproof safe or box that you put inside the larger safe. Also, buy bigger than you think you'll need. We're already outgrowing ours.