PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 95!!

mrz28M6
02-21-2009, 11:49 AM
kinda stoked as with this weather i'm basically trapped inside the apartment, and ufc 95 is on spike!!! finally no pay-per-view!!! hopefully the sanchez fight will be good!

TheRX7Project
02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm going to watch it at a friend's house. I don't follow MMA, but I love watching the fights. He gives me the info on the fighters before the match.

95 TA - The Beast
02-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Sanchez is a big ****** *****... He drops down a weight class because he lost all of his self-confidence and was getting obliterated by everyone else... What a choad...

I hope Diego "lil-b!tch" Sanchez gets his ass handed to him... To go up a class is a feat, to drop down because oyu can't hang, especially after how 'well' he did before, is just pussified... Couldn't stand his illiterate ass on the show and still can't stand his stupidity...

Gotta say, I loved how Koschek gave him his first 'loss' and the start on his road to ruin...

Yooformula
02-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I dont hate either of the fighters but I really respect the hell out of Joe Daddy and hope he wins! His "no quit" mentality in the octagon is awesome!

Yooformula
02-21-2009, 10:30 PM
wow does diaz look like a fool with that fake ass entry of his. notice how often he would check out the camera. what a tool! damm, what happened to that guy?

Lash
02-22-2009, 10:28 AM
I was happy to see Koschek get KTFO.

Main even really wasn't as exciting as I though it would be. I was hoping to see more GnP by both of them.

Yooformula
02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
hell yeah, I was really pissed about a boring stand up boxing match. Did anyone dvr the match? I missed the first 3 matches and heard the Kos fight was good.

Karps TA
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I didn't see the main event but I thought this free PPV was a helluva lot more exciting then the last pay one.

Yooformula
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
replay is on now. Kos got a nice ko and cried about it. Marquardt is a TOUGH SOB!! I think he could have sat in that choke all day and not tapped out.

Yooformula
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I didn't see the main event but I thought this free PPV was a helluva lot more exciting then the last pay one.

yes it was but the main event was boring.

TheRX7Project
02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I can't believe that dirty Sanchez won. What a *****.

95 TA - The Beast
02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
I can't believe that dirty Sanchez won. What a *****.

Yeah, I do agree, but I guess it proves he is as much of a ***** as expected... I mean he should have totally killed Stevenson, but it was basically a draw with him getting a higher number of punches in, thus his win... Drop down a weight class, fight at 170, and barely eek out a win...

Again, exactly why I am against the whole 'making weight' days before the fight... The weight should be taken the day of the fight, can't make it that day, don't fight... The whole weight thing came in from boxing which sucks...

Honestly, it would make sure people are fighting at the right weight and none of this BS... Diego Sanchez is just trying to pull an Anderson Silva...

94greenbandit
02-23-2009, 09:27 AM
A lot of the guys I am sure cut enough weight just to make it and then fight at 5-15lbs heavier the day of the fight. Look at Brock Lesnar he fought Randy at 280ish but made weight the day before

Yooformula
02-23-2009, 10:19 AM
totally agree. the weigh ins are bs days before.

SlowStee
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Diego looked insanely skinny from what he used to be.

T-Bag
02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I do agree, but I guess it proves he is as much of a ***** as expected... I mean he should have totally killed Stevenson, but it was basically a draw with him getting a higher number of punches in, thus his win... Drop down a weight class, fight at 170, and barely eek out a win...

Again, exactly why I am against the whole 'making weight' days before the fight... The weight should be taken the day of the fight, can't make it that day, don't fight... The whole weight thing came in from boxing which sucks...

Honestly, it would make sure people are fighting at the right weight and none of this BS... Diego Sanchez is just trying to pull an Anderson Silva...

You don't think Silva could be very successful in LHW like he is in middleweight? The only reason he DOESN'T fight light heavyweight to seek the title because in his exact words "That's Machida's belt" . Sanchez is just a douche nozzle.

Also weigh ins are not days before, they are a tad over 24 hours before.

I'd day most of the fighters would fight in a weight class higher if they fought the same weight they walk around at. Just looking at all the current champions they should ALL be in a class up if that were the case.

TheRX7Project
02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I think they should go back to the old rules- no weight classes- anyway. Get ******* buff and fight. Call someone out if you think you have them. None of this "oh but he's a pound overweight!" BS.

T-Bag
02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
The old rules sucked and prevented the UFC from growing into what it is today - a sanctioned sport.

Lash
02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
It's the states athletic commission (ie. NSAC ) that enforces the weigh in rule. Weigh-in's (by rule) must be within 24 hours of the fight.
Weigh-in's minutes (pr even a few hours) before a fight would be bad news. They are done 24 hours before a fight to allow fighters to rehydrate. The reason this is done is it was discovered after a rash of boxing deaths that fighters who cut weight by shedding water have less liquid cushioning their brain.
Roughly 10lbs. that MMA fighter cut is going to be water.

I don't get the Anderson Silva comment. If you even remotely knew anything about him you'd know that he's fought at 185 practically forever.....with a few fights @ 205 in between. He used to fight in shooto @ 167 lbs!!!!! ROTR he would fight @ 175. He's now bigger than he's ever been....hence him wanting more fights @ 205.

What about people like Brock???? That guy weighs around 280-285 when he steps foot in the cage. What weight class should he be in if he shouldn't cut weight to get to 265?

94greenbandit
02-24-2009, 08:42 AM
What about people like Brock???? That guy weighs around 280-285 when he steps foot in the cage. What weight class should he be in if he shouldn't cut weight to get to 265?

SuperHeavyweight :banana:banana

Car Guy
02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Just watched it tonight and I thought it was a great night of fights. My only gripe was that Koshcheck was called out way too early, he was damn near called out before he hit the mat.....:punch:

94greenbandit
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Just watched it tonight and I thought it was a great night of fights. My only gripe was that Koshcheck was called out way too early, he was damn near called out before he hit the mat.....:punch:

No way man you could tell that Koshcheck was in another world when he got called. His eyes had rolled and was definitely lost in space

Yooformula
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
monkey shit! the first punch buckled his legs and rolled his eyes, the second punch rocked him again and probably woke him up. Kos got checked!