PDA

View Full Version : Ok, WTF is up with Time Warner and HD???

95 TA - The Beast
02-20-2009, 09:32 PM
This is total bulls!t... One of the only shows I watch diligently is Battlestar Galactica. But this evening I have this stupid ass 'Sci-Fi HD is currently unavailable, Please try again later' crap on the screen. It has been like this for the last half hour.

Now I KNOW it is available to my buddy out in New Berlin, as I called him up and it tunes in just fine... So WTF?!?!? I mean don't they have enough bandwidth or something? I mean if too many people tune into a subset of channels on my leg of thier network it just squelches other channels???

I will be calling Time Warner if it is not on by 10pm, as there is another showing at 11pm of tonights episode, but how ******* stupid is this shit???

I guess I need to start looking into AT&T... I only put up with Time Warner because they have been fairly problem-free for the past 3-4 years, but if this keeps up I will be dumping them ASAP... :fire

pOrk
02-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Same problems here, good luck finding anyone on the phone that cares. Their customer service is almost as bad as Sprints.

LIL EVO
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Usually if you just channel up then go back again, it works. I've never had it say that for an extended period of time.

95 TA - The Beast
02-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Usually if you just channel up then go back again, it works. I've never had it say that for an extended period of time.

Tried that for like 15 minutes, and do it occasionally, still no go... In the meanwhile I am watching the MMA fights on HDNET...

Lash
02-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Reset the box. (unplug power for at least 30 seconds....plug back in an let the box reboot). This happens to us all the time. Sometimes HD channels are in SD until we reboot it.

95 TA - The Beast
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Reset the box. (unplug power for at least 30 seconds....plug back in an let the box reboot). This happens to us all the time. Sometimes HD channels are in SD until we reboot it.

Tried it as well, left it unplugged for 2-3 minutes... It rebooted, no dice, same shit... Actually any HD channel above 560, except for BravoHD, is not working...

After this next bout I guess I'll try calling those dumbasses... :chair:

1997 Trans-Am
02-20-2009, 10:13 PM
im beginning to hate time warner also. my road runner internet is constantly freezing up. and my basic cable will just stop working once or twice a month for like 30 minutes then everything will be fine. irritating!

Feature Pony
02-20-2009, 10:15 PM
All my channels from 100 on up show a black screen with nothing its almost like I turned the tv off. They are getting a nice phone call tomorrow!!!

95 TA - The Beast
02-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Ok, so what are the odds, I call up Time Warner, select a problem with cable, then select a problem with only 1 box, then select missing channels... Get put on hold... Then about 2 minutes later, while still on hold, I switch over to Sci-FiHD 562 and BINGO it is magically working...

I cry foul... They are selectively throttling bandwidth, and when you call, I have zero doubt they have an automated system to 'open up the pipe' to your devices and all the problems magically disappear...

If I have to do this everytime I will be more than just a little pissed, as it took over 2-3 minutes to get thier system to "do it's thing" so to speak...

nismodave
02-20-2009, 10:21 PM
This is total bulls!t... One of the only shows I watch diligently is the New Night Rider. That Mustang frickin RULES!!!

Fixed for ya!!

95 TA - The Beast
02-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Fixed for ya!! :chair::punch:

nismodave
02-20-2009, 10:28 PM
"Goddamn you, Time Werner!!"

http://evobroker.com/images/450_Redneck_toilet.jpg

Im sorry Dennis.:crying:rolf:crying:rolf

BlackLightning
02-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I have been having the same problems with it for the last week. It would either show unavailable or a black screen on the HD channels. The only thing that seemed to work was resetting the box which takes forever with this 4250HD box.

GTSLOW
02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
This is total bulls!t... One of the only shows I watch diligently is Battlestar Galactica. But this evening I have this stupid ass 'Sci-Fi HD is currently unavailable, Please try again later' crap on the screen. It has been like this for the last half hour.

Now I KNOW it is available to my buddy out in New Berlin, as I called him up and it tunes in just fine... So WTF?!?!? I mean don't they have enough bandwidth or something? I mean if too many people tune into a subset of channels on my leg of thier network it just squelches other channels???

I will be calling Time Warner if it is not on by 10pm, as there is another showing at 11pm of tonights episode, but how ******* stupid is this shit???

I guess I need to start looking into AT&T... I only put up with Time Warner because they have been fairly problem-free for the past 3-4 years, but if this keeps up I will be dumping them ASAP... :fire

I'm not sure if charter is the same over here in madison? We get around 30HD Channels (most suck) but it's only $5 a month. What I don't understand is you look through the guide on normal channels (not the 600s which are HD) and they say HD in the info block. Why not just have it come in, in HD instead of the damn hassle of finding the channel in the 600 range. Sometimes it says HD on normal channels and I don't even get that one in the HD section.

:wtf is up with that???

lordairgtar
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Fixed for ya!!
:rolfActually, i like that show.

Yooformula
02-21-2009, 06:49 AM
glad i switched to uverse. more hd channels, plus premium channels, 2 free dvr and 2 hd boxes plus nfl/nascar in hd for less money than twc! i was sick of twc hd channels cutting out all the time. the last ufc wouldnt even come in hd for me and after calling the tech said its 50/50 that it would work so dont bother.

Memphis
02-21-2009, 07:37 AM
On a side note, how is TWC for non HD channels?

domokun
02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
UVERSE people!!!! PM me! *shakes head*