PDA

View Full Version : UPS driver diplomatic imunity?

Russ Jerome
02-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Not a flame thread but its kind of interesting.

My wife calls out of breath, says a driver just about
killed her and my son. She settles down and asks if
I will look up how to complain since they dont have
a "1-800-I drive like crap" phone number on the side.

So Im searching "UPS driver complaint" on Google...
Oh my F-ing god the stories!!! The short story is they
have no number to complain, there 1-800-pick-ups
number diverts you until you give up from what I can
read. There are countless threads on horror stories
from people trying to get to the hospital and blocked
in to drug dealing out the back of the UPS truck!!

Given the number of drivers and trucks Im sure there
would be complaints online but the lists of message
boards and home built web sites is just nuts. I've
worked on there trucks under warranty and they bring
me cool stuff so I guess I never looked at the dark side
of the "Above the law brown trucks". Interesting reading
out there, Im calling Catrina Cravy, she'll get em!

Russ Jerome
02-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Driver sleeping with wife:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2371715/complaint-ups-brown
Drug dealing:
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/02/ups-driver-cooperating-police-investigating-local-marijuana-ring
Killing people dogs:
http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/january/2/8.htm
It just goes on and on and...

88Nightmare
02-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Mark Scaffidi (SMOKDU) on here had his family pet run over by a UPS truck not too long ago

Jsho13
02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
what can brown do for you? or your wife :)

Russ Jerome
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh jez thats right...ughhh.

If I ever rob a bank I'll paint a big cube van brown, nobody
will suspect a thing as I flee the scene from what Im reading
online.

Yeehaw
02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
never had a problem with the brown as much as the fedex guys

the one day the fedex guy came into our store parked sideways across 4 parking spots including the handicap and put the front of the truck tight against the front door of our store so nobody could enter/leave

95 TA - The Beast
02-19-2009, 09:45 PM
First off I may mention I and the family absoloutly love animals of all kinds, having 2 dogs ourselves, but that story about the UPS truck and the 14 mo/old black lab is just an unfortunate incident. They have a 100 yard driveway, and they let the dog out not on a chain but to run around the yard/driveway. Honestly, if you don't want any packages, I am certain you can put up a sign and a gate stating no drivers in the driveway. It was a black lab and it was 8:47pm at night... The injuries were consistent with a crushing and any way you look at it there was no way in hell UPS or the driver could EVER accept blame for something like that... They didn't even know it happened until called, there was no evidence and for them just to say "well, we don't know but I guess we could have done it, so we admit to doing it" is the most rediculous expectation of ANYONE. There is no way in hell ANYONE would admit to doing it, let alone a business. If the driver admitted it, it would be his job, if the business did they would get sued. It is a loss all the way around and unfortunately it would never be admitted to without evidence to prove someone did it.

They let the dog out, didn't watch it and then bitched and moaned when an accident happened. Hell, the dog probably ran under the path of the tire as he was pulling up to greet him. Honestly, without any other view of the scene, the owners could have run the dog over as well.

Sad situation, but a little much to start pointing fingers and making it sound like the guy did it on purpose. And yeah, I know, "what if it would have been a kid", and honestly, unless the kid was as small as a dog, all dressed in black and would have lept in front of the wheel of a moving vehicle, it would *probably* have been seen, and if not, then it comes down to negligence, but in that case there would be an investigation that would give a ton more evidence than what was mentioned in that complaint to solidly prove THAT driver did it.

Again, pointing out the 'common sense' and 'personal responsibility' aspect that seems to be missing from society. Everyone wants to blame someone else without taking any personal responsibility for thier part in the incident.

88Nightmare
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
shouldnt have to watch your own dog on your own personal property. how were they supposed to know they were getting a delivery?

im sure the driver was tired that late at night, was rushing, just wanted to get home... I bet driver fatigue played into the fact that he didn't see it.

A UPS driver hit a BCM members dog in broad daylight, and they still refused to claim responsibility

SMOKDU
02-19-2009, 11:31 PM
shouldnt have to watch your own dog on your own personal property. how were they supposed to know they were getting a delivery?

im sure the driver was tired that late at night, was rushing, just wanted to get home... I bet driver fatigue played into the fact that he didn't see it.

A UPS driver hit a BCM members dog in broad daylight, and they still refused to claim responsibility

they did in the end i think i got $5000 and a new dog trained again. it was a sad day. i dont cry much but it got me. last month i got pissed again at the same driver and told him to slow down. i ran our after him until he stopped and i really laid into him.

Z28Envy
02-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I use to work for Spee Dee and I can't even tell you how many times I had my pants riped by peoples dogs. I use to have to deliver Avon every other Tuesday and always had to go to a farm house that had 5 dogs. Most of them were good but they had a huge great dane that would just follow me and bark none stop, they also had a small rat terrier that would bite me on the leg if I didn't kick at it. The stupid fucks in the house would just watch ever dam time!

Another time I went to a farm house and this guy was standing in his living room and as soon as I stepped out of the van his german shepard charged me. I jumped back into the van slammed the door shut. The dog was on the door growling and barking at me and the ******* retard just stood there watching. So I backed the van up and dropped his box in the driveway and left.

88Nightmare
02-20-2009, 01:33 AM
they did in the end i think i got $5000 and a new dog trained again. it was a sad day. i dont cry much but it got me. last month i got pissed again at the same driver and told him to slow down. i ran our after him until he stopped and i really laid into him.

if the drivers would simply take a little more responsibility, this shit wouldn't happen and you wouldn't have to deal with the loss of your fury family member

wikked
02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
just dial 1-800-pick-ups and then press 0 about 5 times, you will bypass the menus and be connected to a real life human being.

Had to do that at work many times.