PDA

View Full Version : Track days this spring/summer?

SSLEVO
02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Any of you guys planning on doing any track days this year? I can't wait to get back on the track. I will be doing blackhawk for sure in the car and on the bike. Possibly autobahn and maybe Brainerd with my buddy from MN. It would be pretty badass to get a group of guys to go from around here.

TURTLE
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM
track days with the car? or track days with the bike?

i know the MFBA is doing their spring event up at road america april 18th and 19th...
i'll be up there helping out and running my little neon, hoping for 130's before i brake for T1... :)

michelle
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Check with the Northwoods Shelby Club (http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/). They are a pretty nice group to run with, even if you don't have a Shelby.

http://www.mvptracktime.com/

Breecher_7
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I will run at Blackhawk on the bike as usual.

As far as car, I know josh plans on running the vette at any track day he can attend so we will be there for those.

SSLEVO
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
track days with the car? or track days with the bike?

i know the MFBA is doing their spring event up at road america april 18th and 19th...
i'll be up there helping out and running my little neon, hoping for 130's before i brake for T1... :)

I was talking about the car but i do want to hit blackhawk with the bike. I'm thinking about doing RA. Quite the test for the brakes but i think the brembos are up for it. Michelle, what do you run with your sho?

SSLEVO
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I will run at Blackhawk on the bike as usual.

As far as car, I know josh plans on running the vette at any track day he can attend so we will be there for those.

What do you ride? Going to multiple days? I have an old 99' R6 i may turn into a track bike. I got all of the gear a few years back but i have been too busy/ far away to do an event. I think it may be bad for the car after the first bike day, i have a feeling i will be hooked, haha.

michelle
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
I was talking about the car but i do want to hit blackhawk with the bike. I'm thinking about doing RA. Quite the test for the brakes but i think the brembos are up for it. Michelle, what do you run with your sho?

I run with various clubs. F-body at RA, Shelby Club at Autobahn or Blackhawk, Taurus/SHO Club at Gingerman, etc. Various Audi, Porsche, and other clubs have invited the groups I am with to their track events too.

If you want to run at a certain track, you can always look at their schedules/calendars and see what groups have rented it and then contact them to see if they have openings. With the economy (yeah it always gets blamed on that) as it is, most groups are seeing a decrease in track event participants and would welcome you.

Breecher_7
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
I used to competed in the CCS class for a couple years. My TRACK bike is a 2008 ZX10R.. Ill be down there as often as I can this year