PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! I'm going nuts! Computer Guru's Needed!!!

johnny--2k
02-18-2009, 05:42 PM
So, my work comp just finally got updated to XP from 2000 Server. Now, with IE7, I have windows that I use multiple times daily that run off of java. When I click a button, it automatically saves and closes the window, then I get the stupid popup "Do you really want to close this window" and it's irritating the shit out of me. Is there a way to change this?

I've searched and it's all fixed with changing the scripting. I have no clue how to do this. Is there an easier way? :flipoff2: I hate IE7, and I can't use this with FireFox, which BTW pissed me off the other day as well with NO SOUND at all!

300pny
02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Can you post a screen shot of your issue?

Goat Roper
02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Latest version of Java?

johnny--2k
02-19-2009, 10:11 AM
yes, latest version of Java. I will try to get a screen shot today...

johnny--2k
02-19-2009, 11:11 AM
OK, So here is how it works. I have a window open, I get a new internet lead, I click their name, it opens another window via Java. That window has the customer info. I click a drop down, and another window opens to send them an email. I get the email, click send. A 3rd window opens for spell check, it's all fine, it sends the email, and is supposed to close the email window, go back to the customer info screen, and update that window with the email I sent them. First thing that happens after the email sends is this image 1, then after I close that window manually by clicking yes, the customer info screen updates, I print out the details, then click Save, and i get the damn popup again asking if I want to close the window which is image 2. I go through 250-300 of these a month, so it's getting really annoying!

DurtyKurty
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I found this, but i don't know how to implement it. Maybe it will help.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2434083.php

johnny--2k
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I found a ton of that stuff too, but I have no idea how to implement it either.....that's the issue I'm having right now.

Troutman
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
punch it repeatedly....buy and external hard-drive, copy everything, then give it to the IS guy at work..... just did this yesterday.