PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray and DVD cases taking up space - Throw away?

Nick
02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I have a shelf completely filled with blu-ray and dvd cases that are empty because I use those 100+ cd cases to hold the dvd's and blu-rays.

Should I just throw them out? I mean they arent being used. Just taking up space. :thumbsup

RanJer
02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I keep a few around for random uses... I've cut em up to make custom switch plates in cars/other misc crap.

I'm sure someone would want em, rather than throwing em out... If no one on here, put em in a box at the end of your driveway and put a free ad on CL..

lordairgtar
02-17-2009, 04:23 PM
put em on Craigs list. Maybe some one wants them. I wouln't know why though. That's a good idea...I think I'm going to do what you did. Those cases don't scratch the DVDs do they?

Nick
02-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Nope. Picked up a really nice one at best buy and the inside is nice and soft so I don't see any way they can get scratched up unless you're being really negligent.

pOrk
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
My brother would take them for a few bucks I'm sure, how many?

BoosTT
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I can't justify throwing out the cases... Bluerays are like $25. You could make a copy for $6 and it'll would be the same as what you have now. I supose, a case doesen't justify $19... but it helps a bit IMO.

Nick
02-17-2009, 11:35 PM
My brother would take them for a few bucks I'm sure, how many?

Man I probably have well over 100 DVD cases or so.
I'll prob hang onto the BR cases.

wikked
02-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm sure you could sell them on eBay.
Tons of people don't download/burn them for the simple reason of having the case/artwork, same with CD's.

In the same sense, tons of people who have burnt them, wouldn't mind an original case either.

nitrous
02-18-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm just topped 500 DVDs as of X-mas. I bought a couple nice large leather DVD/CD Holders (like Case Logic)for the DVDs and put the cases in some boxes and stored them in the basement. I had to take pictures of the cases for my Homeowner's Policy.

Cryptic
02-18-2009, 08:09 AM
I've bought them buy the case... so I know someone would buy them

Nick
02-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Man... if I were to list on ebay, how do you think I should go about it that would be the most time efficient? I don't want to list all of them individually.

u_say_go
02-18-2009, 10:58 AM
throw them on Craigslist, 100 cases for $X, don't bother listing them individually. They can take the liners out themself.

michelle
02-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Man... if I were to list on ebay, how do you think I should go about it that would be the most time efficient? I don't want to list all of them individually.

Could you make one ad for all of them and do that "x available" option? And then list all the titles you have and state that you will update the list when a certain title is purchased? Not sure if that goes against Ebay rules, but seems like a good idea.

Or does Ebay charge you for every change you make to an ad? That would be costly then.