PDA

View Full Version : Question for dealership peeps

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 11:17 AM
So my 03 Expidition needs some service. I can't do it due to my recent surgery. My wife calls Griffin Ford (where we bought it) and asks if our exteneded warranty was still good. The fellow on the other side of the phone said it was good (time wise we are way under miles) until september of this year. Great. She makes an appointment I drop the truck off last night. First of all the service writer wanted me to authorise at least $200 worth the work for diagnoses costs. I told him there is a warranty on the truck. He looks it up and says fine there is a warranty. I leave. Well, he (same guy I dealt with last night BTW) called my wife this morning and said that the truck had no warranty and we have to pay for everything. I was like WTF? He claims that what he looked up last night is that it at one point had a warranty but cold not tell if it was still good or not. Does this make any sense to anyone? The cost to fix it isn't that big of a deal but if I had known there was no warranty I would have never taken it to the dealership in the first place. And to top it off I am still out money beacuse of the diagnosing and troubleshooting time.

Do i have any recourse?

Waver
02-17-2009, 11:20 AM
well you can call up the warranty company that you have your extended warranty through, and THEY can tell you if you still have a warrenty.....sounds to me like griffen is trying to stroke you

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
It really pisses me off actually. We have bought like 8-9 vehicles from them and then get run around and stroked like this really pisses me off.

BTW I want to trade my Expy in once I fix it. Do you have any triple black 09 Expys around nick?

pOrk
02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Tell him too bad so sad, its his fault for not notifying you before work was done that your warrantee had expired. I would tell him to fly a kite and talk to the General Manager.

floaters
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM
seems like all most dealers are like that, they suck your **** when your looking to buy, the minute you buy shit goes haywire, it happens all over the place.

twirkin50
02-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Was it emissions related? That has a seperate warranty under the Federal Emissions Act, in the very small print...

Found that one out the hard way when I quoted it and then they found the 7 years 70K hidden in my manual. I was at 72K....

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
No. It was two impact sensors, a door switch, and the belt tensioner.

It is only about $500 for the work. Its just the point of it.
Luckly last June we had the trans, xfer case and rear dif replaced.....

Crawlin
02-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Ford's OASIS service setup online is pretty cut and dry. Can't just mistake it for something else.

Talk to G.M. of the store. If that doesn't work, just get the letters ready from the attorney and you'll see the keys fly at you faster than you can say "fuck off"

88Nightmare
02-17-2009, 02:08 PM

It is only about $500 for the work..

if you are going to trade it in, why bother? belt tensioner I can understand, it could either be making horrid noises or allowing the belt to slip off which would affect driveability, but the rest? :confused

BAD LS1
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM

It is only about $500 for the work. Its just the point of it.
Luckly last June we had the trans, xfer case and rear dif replaced.....

Jesus... run into something just short of bag deployment?

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Jesus... run into something just short of bag deployment?

My wife promisies me she didn't hit anything........

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
if you are going to trade it in, why bother? belt tensioner I can understand, it could either be making horrid noises or allowing the belt to slip off which would affect driveability, but the rest? :confused

The belt tensioner is making some nasty noises.

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Ford's OASIS service setup online is pretty cut and dry. Can't just mistake it for something else.

Talk to G.M. of the store. If that doesn't work, just get the letters ready from the attorney and you'll see the keys fly at you faster than you can say "fuck off"

She asked to speak with the service manager and then the GM apparently they are all out today getting ready for the autoshow...........weird

Chris what is the OASIS?

Crawlin
02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
that's just the name of their online computer program they use for service. It lists original in service date, different warranty coverages and when they are good till, as well as any recalls that were done and when, and if any still need to be done, etc....

Just basically a history report generated from the VIN.

It's been a year since I was at Heiser Ford, so I am pretty sure that's what it was called. I keep on trying to remember how close it is to the Chrysler service program. I mean our Chrysler one, good ******* lord. It even lists out the remaining balance of your perferation warranty on your interior and paint fade/chip warranty from the manufacturer.

brotherbenn83
02-17-2009, 09:49 PM
BITCH to the GM, if that doesn't work try the owner. Typically at Holz if you have a good buying/service history they will bend over for you...especially for "just" $500.

Want_Notch
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
My wife ended talking to Jim(?) Griffin. He basically gave us half off on our bill. He was a pretty nice guy.
Now if I can only get him to give me what I owe on my Expy on a trade in it would be gone.