PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 1969 ~Oldsmobile Cutlass~

awsomeears
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Just browsing around on eBay and found this sweet Olds, I have always liked them but this one its straight up bad-ass :headbang

Here are more pictures of the car http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/tombo615/Ebay/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-hot-rod-muscle-car-big-block_W0QQitemZ270343546723QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6405 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

THIS IS NOT MY CAR !!!

Cleveland Dave
02-17-2009, 10:56 AM
wow nice

Voodoo Chick
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Why the hell would someone even sell that car? It's beautiful.

84hurst
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
you can barely build the engine for what the guy wants for the entire car. Not a bad deal to me! Looks awesome with the blacked out bumpers too! Good find!

70 cutlass 442
02-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Gay..... its got a chevy motor

-stew-
02-17-2009, 12:55 PM

This.

86GUTLASS
02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Needs A big 455 Olds motor

lordairgtar
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Obviously he wanted something that would be buildable at a reasonable price. Those Olds engines will cost more per horsepower to build up. I hate seeing that, but at least it's all GM. There was a nice Skylark with a CBB in it around here sometime back.

Crawlin
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
just something NOT right about an olds w/ a cowl hood. Needs to be the correct W-30/W-31 type ram air hoods

TheRX7Project
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Either way, for 10 grand....

awsomeears
02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
you can barely build the engine for what the guy wants for the entire car. Not a bad deal to me! Looks awesome with the blacked out bumpers too! Good find!

That's what I was thinking :stare

Just checked it and somebody used the " Buy it now "

97z2801ss
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I think the car looks sweet!someone got a deal at 10K

Rocket Power
02-17-2009, 07:25 PM

Nice Chevelle:rolf

TraceDaddy
02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
I think it could use a little more substantial rubber. Nice car though.

purpl72olds
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Nice Chevelle:rolf

only comment you ever make about something different. did you post that about slols1's saturn too ? :rolf

0TransAm0
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Either way, for 10 grand....

X2 still a bad ass car for 10k

70 cutlass 442
02-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Obviously he wanted something that would be buildable at a reasonable price. Those Olds engines will cost more per horsepower to build up. I hate seeing that, but at least it's all GM. There was a nice Skylark with a CBB in it around here sometime back.

I would have to disagree with you on that one. just because you cant open up a jegs or summit and collaborate an entire engine build doesnt mean that it is insanely costly to build oldsmobiles...

only comment you ever make about something different. did you post that about slols1's saturn too ? :rolf

i think he was reffering to the chevy swap into an Oldsmobile, that is everyones answer to go fast in an Olds, there are plenty of cost effective options that still utalize a rocket motor......when little do most people know there are iron headed, stock rod/crank combos doing well into the 10s..... And as for jakes car, that doesnt really even comapre, its not like he coulda found an8 cyl saturn motor :D

Rocket Power
02-18-2009, 07:42 AM
i think he was reffering to the chevy swap into an Oldsmobile, that is everyones answer to go fast in an Olds, there are plenty of cost effective options that still utalize a rocket motor......when little do most people know there are iron headed, stock rod/crank combos doing well into the 10s.....
Yep,exactly
I don't recall ever saying anything like that about the saturn. I'm am just not a fan of putting a chevy motor into an olds, been done to death. I don't hate all motor swaps, I even thought the turbo mopar swap into the 87 Cutlass I saw at the dare show a few years ago was cool because it was different.
I'm more of a purist when it comes to Olds but can appreciate things that are different.

Just my opinion:goof

sdb300zx
02-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Not bad

purpl72olds
02-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Yep,exactly
I don't recall ever saying anything like that about the saturn. I'm am just not a fan of putting a chevy motor into an olds, been done to death. I don't hate all motor swaps, I even thought the turbo mopar swap into the 87 Cutlass I saw at the dare show a few years ago was cool because it was different.
I'm more of a purist when it comes to Olds but can appreciate things that are different.

Just my opinion:goof

not trying to bash, you just made the same comment about my post though when I put up pictures of the 6.0 L that is about to go in my cutlass. I personally havent seen many older cutlass' with chevy motors, but have seen a bunch in g-body's. To each there own and im not saying olds motors cant go fast, just saying i dont have deep enough pockets to build one that will.

lordairgtar
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
GM started doing that in the 80s, so why would a Chev motor in an Olds be a problem

70 cutlass 442
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
not trying to bash, you just made the same comment about my post though when I put up pictures of the 6.0 L that is about to go in my cutlass. I personally havent seen many older cutlass' with chevy motors, but have seen a bunch in g-body's. To each there own and im not saying olds motors cant go fast, just saying i dont have deep enough pockets to build one that will.

I see what you are saying, but for what you will spend on a LS motor, you will be abel to go faster for much less if you would have stuck with an olds motor, you still would have needed to get away from that 403 you had, but still cheaper then an ls based motor.

GM started doing that in the 80s, so why would a Chev motor in an Olds be a problem

that was in the 80s. this cars is of 60s vintage. thats where i see the problem....

Rocket Power
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
My 80's oldsmobiles have Olds motors in them too:)
If I have to explain it you won't get it anyway. Some people are"it's all GM" some are more of a purist kind of person, I am column B.

Rocket Power
02-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Well sometimes I am an ass, just ask Jon:goof

I will say that an LS style motor does get you more points with me than a plain old 350 SBCor 454, not that my opinion should matter at all,it's your car do it how you want and F everyone else:thumbsup

Part of the problem with people going away from an Olds motor is Mondello, the guy that runs it (Joe hasn't been there in years) repackages stuff and charges way more, so things that could be just a little bit more are WAY more pricey.

But like I said don't worry about what I think , I'm an A-hole:rolf

If I was a street rod guy I'd go nuts with the 350/350 combo in darn near every ford/mopar/etc. Luckily I don't have the money to be a street rod guy.:rolf

PB86MCSS
02-19-2009, 10:00 PM
The ending price seems pretty cheap for the car....not an expert on prices for those Cutlass' but for the work done, shape, etc...seems like a good amount of car for the money.

70 cutlass 442
02-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Well sometimes I am an ass, just ask Jon:goof

I will say that an LS style motor does get you more points with me than a plain old 350 SBCor 454, not that my opinion should matter at all,it's your car do it how you want and F everyone else:thumbsup

Part of the problem with people going away from an Olds motor is Mondello, the guy that runs it (Joe hasn't been there in years) repackages stuff and charges way more, so things that could be just a little bit more are WAY more pricey.

But like I said don't worry about what I think , I'm an A-hole:rolf

If I was a street rod guy I'd go nuts with the 350/350 combo in darn near every ford/mopar/etc. Luckily I don't have the money to be a street rod guy.:rolf

/\/\

Hit the nail on the head..... the thing about Turkeys car (dans) is it is spotless, ives seen the car in person and it is a gourgous car, i do give him tons of props for going with an LS motor instead of a 383 or some homosexual shit like that, but a BBO could have put that street car into the high 10s on virtualy stock appearing everythign and stock rods/crank :headbang

The ending price seems pretty cheap for the car....not an expert on prices for those Cutlass' but for the work done, shape, etc...seems like a good amount of car for the money.

It is a good price for a turn key car, thats for sure.