PDA

View Full Version : Heres a rant for ya...

Lash
02-14-2009, 05:07 PM
When there is a SIDEWALK.....why do people CHOOSE to ride their bikes in the right lane on a busy road???? I know it's legal...but seriously?!?!?!? You'd think the multiple near miss accidents within a few blocks would make people think "maybe this isn't the brightest idea". Better yet....I love the people who ride their bikes on a 2 lane road that has ZERO shoulder. Not only do I have to keep from hitting you because you are completely oblivious to cars behind you (and you are already a bit squirrely on your bike...it seems nearly impossible for you to keep it in a straight line) but now I have to go into oncoming traffic to try and go around you.

Russ Jerome
02-14-2009, 05:43 PM
You've been by my place on 99th and mennomonie pkwy right?

Those crazy joggers are out there at dawn, your windows still
clouded at the edges from snow and the crazy Sumb-iotchs
are popping up right in front of you...heading towards your
grill in traffic!!!!!!!!!!! The they look at you like your nuts!

I've never had a urge to kill stupid people who dont know
any better (I would kill idiots given the chance who "do"
know better) but one day Im gonna be in my bigger truck
and if one of those crazy health nuts jogs strait towards
me Im gonna love tap them and say "dude you have no lights
and your jogging down the middle of the F-ing road at dawn!

I'll keep smoking cigaretts and apply the fast peddle, go jog
till you look unhealthy and crack your ankle joints.

0TransAm0
02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
bikes are supposed to ride in the road and NOT on the sidewalk.. the sidewalk is for people walking and running not for bikes... but i do get what your saying and i agree i get mad to when they hold up traffic when the "could" be on the sidewalk....

Karps TA
02-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Living in the 'burb's bike riders drive me insane. They completely have no regard for the rules of the road. They ride in these big packs, with these ridiculous outfits on like they are all Lance Armstrong. Then they blow thru stop signs all the time. I'd love to get an old 70's Caddy and just start taking them out one weekend.

Nix
02-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Its not as bad as some douche bag skateboarders that I run into every once and a while.

They don't hope off their board, they just keep riding and weaving from the side of the road to the middle and so on and so forth.

I do believe that a skateboard you would be more likley to fall off and whind up underneath a car for fucks sake.

God damn morons.

Hey look at me Iam an emo skateboarder and I don't give a fuck. :chair:

Yooformula
02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I was always shocked that wisconsin doesnt have sidewalks in EVERY neighborhood. Growing up back east I never saw a street without sidewalks. Seeing people walking along the street sets me off more than the bikers.

88Nightmare
02-14-2009, 07:04 PM
hey yoo, where I grew up in Orange County, NY, my neighborhood didn't have a SINGLE sidewalk. Ontop of that, the roads were so narrow, it was pretty much one car in each direction, no room on the side of the road to park.

However in northern New Jersey, there were sidwalks EVERYWHERE

pOrk
02-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Its illegal to ride a bike on a sidewalk. Do people do it? Yes, but its illegal. Instead of bitching about it, why don't you go to city council meetings and help fight for bike lanes? :)

Yooformula
02-14-2009, 08:47 PM
hey yoo, where I grew up in Orange County, NY, my neighborhood didn't have a SINGLE sidewalk. Ontop of that, the roads were so narrow, it was pretty much one car in each direction, no room on the side of the road to park.

However in northern New Jersey, there were sidwalks EVERYWHERE

lol upstate Ny is considered the sticks to to the rest of us in LI, SI and NJ. I know what you mean though with the small towns and roads though. I should have specified my growing up in NJ and NY(the boroughs).

either way, I agree with Pork, with so many rants lately, I wonder what kind of effect alot of us could have if we actually showed up to these meetings and were more active in local elections instead of just bitchin.

70 cutlass 442
02-14-2009, 09:13 PM
bicycles can not leagally be on the sidewalk....... thats why

lordairgtar
02-15-2009, 01:24 AM
I am pretty aware of cyclists when I drive. The ONLY thing they do that bothers me is when they blow stop signs....I hate that.

TraceDaddy
02-15-2009, 10:11 AM
I work downtown and I can't stand when cyclists prop themselves up at lights by holding on to cars instead of putting their foot down. I know that the "Serious" ones, delivery guys and the like, have toe clips that make it hard. I still don't want his paws on my car. Especially in the winter when I haven't had a chance to get the car washed and I can just "feel" his hands grinding the dirt and salt into the paint.

lordairgtar
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
i work downtown and i can't stand when cyclists prop themselves up at lights by holding on to cars instead of putting their foot down. I know that the "serious" ones, delivery guys and the like, have toe clips that make it hard. I still don't want his paws on my car. Especially in the winter when i haven't had a chance to get the car washed and i can just "feel" his hands grinding the dirt and salt into the paint.
x2

Prince Valiant
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
I ride with toe clips...on both my bikes (race/long ride bike and on my city/mountain bike) are easy to get out of...but the race bike is a PITA to clip back in. Personally never seen anyone do the hold onto a car thing.

SlowMotion
02-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I agree with pork on the fact that more people need to attend the meetings to get bike lanes. That would leave less of a problem for normal traffic having to deal with cyclists in the middle of the driving lane. I have never put my hands on a person's car to stay up. Personally I don't find it difficult to clip out of a clip in pedal on a race bike. It takes a matter of 5 seconds to clip in and out from the pedals. And yes riding on the sidewalk is not legal. Blowing through stop signs is just dumb, cyclists should abide by traffic rules just as much as normal vehicle operators. BTW, the outfits yes they are ridiculous, but if you want to go fast and be comfortable, the tight spandex clothes are the way to go. :thumbsup

VroomPshhTsi
02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, let's get mad at people for actually exercising on their bikes and running... how hard is it to move over slightly as an act of courtesy? I do this every time in my neighborhood for others and they do it for me when I run, it's common sense. Unless these bikers are taking over a whole lane, I don't see the big deal.

Likes others have said, the only thing that annoys me is when bikers blow stop signs.

Lash
02-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, let's get mad at people for actually exercising on their bikes and running... how hard is it to move over slightly as an act of courtesy?

I'm not talking about wide open roadways.:rolleyes:
If you ever saw the people who ride their bikes on Sugden road in Mukwonago, you'd understand. It's extremely dangerous as it is because it so hilly. There are many good places to ride your bike. It's just that some people have ZERO brains when deciding when/where is a safe place to ride.

Voodoo Chick
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I was driving down Layton Ave last summer.....there wasn an IDIOT on a bike (yes, he had dreadlocks, hemp jewelry, and "go green" stickers all over his f****** bicycle) my car was in the right lane, and the only car around in that lane, but the left lane was packed with cars. He started deliberately weaving dangerously close, and crossing across the lane, and being an asshole, I had to slow my car to about 20. I think he was trying to give me a hassle for driving a big, bad environment ruining old car from the 70's. at the next red light I at least had the pleasure of letting my car's rear tires spin gravel and dirt all over him. I think if I had had a stick handy, I have thrown it in the wheels of his bicycle. I hope someone ran his dirty ass over.

Trutildeathxxx
02-15-2009, 02:30 PM
the laws for bikes are wierd, it is illegal to ride on the side walk with a bike, but it is also illegal to ride in the road with a bike without lights and reflectors(ie. my bmx bike) i pretty much stay on the sidewalk with it, but i have no problem being able to hop into the street when need be and get back on the sidewalk soon as its clear. riding my fixed gear bike i stay in the road, but i have lights on it and i stay close to the shoulder as possible, but there are those assholes who insist on driving in the right lane, as close to you as possible when the left lane is wide open.

Trutildeathxxx
02-15-2009, 02:33 PM
and another thing, when people blast right through cross walks and not look the direction they are heading, only starring at traffic coming. i have had several instances where i have had to hop over the front of cars or bail off my bike to avoid running into the side of them.

lordairgtar
02-15-2009, 06:06 PM
BTW, the outfits yes they are ridiculous, but if you want to go fast and be comfortable, the tight spandex clothes are the way to go. :thumbsup
They also cause testicular cancer.:rolf

Prince Valiant
02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I have no problem with biker's going through stop signs...

If it's wide open and visible with no traffic, go right through.

If it's partially obscured with no traffic, slow down and check, then keep going.

If there is traffic heading my direction or the other direction, I slow down to a near stop if need be...and stop as needed.

On a bike, there are things that work in your favor....most important is speed, or the lack of it. Bikes aren't going even close to the speed of traffic. Then there is visibility...there are absolutely NO obstruction of view (no A pillars, etc)...it's extremely easy to see what's coming up on a stop sign in all directions. Plus, especially if you're not wearing any head phones (you shouldn't on a bike), you can also hear everything coming up. Lastly, bikes stop very quickly relative to a car...so even if you find a car coming, stopping is easy.

If there is traffic...oncoming, cross, or from behind...yeah, come to a stop. But 95% of the time, there is no reason to stop...and 1/3 of that, there is no reason to even slow down.