PDA

View Full Version : H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Gun Control

ND4SPD
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Ready for more red tape and gun control? HR45 is being warmed up.

The bill establishes required national licenses for firearm ownership, transfers, etc... (gee, like I guess those won't be forged by any criminal elements). And WTF!? Why does the AG need to know where I live at all times when I haven't been convicted of a crime?

Full bill information:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45.IH:

Bill Summary:

1/6/2009–Introduced.

Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.

Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

http://bobmccarty.com/2009/02/05/democrats-in-rush-to-seize-guns-with-hr-45/#more-11961

That_Guy
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Why do they feel the need to punish law abiding citizens

Russ Jerome
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Why do they feel the need to punish law abiding citizens

I think its because for the most part we follow there lead
like Lemmings, criminals dont listen.

Bad example I should'nt bring back up:
Milw County:"Hey Russ you want a new stadium?"
Me: "No thanks Im good, just more overhead to cover"
Then they do it anyway and I dont throw stones.

WI State: "Hey we are gonna jam a huge increse up yours
for auto registration ok?"
Us: Uhhhh...no thats it will be blown on crooked employees and the roads will still suck.
They do it and we dont revolt.

Big brother: "Hey we want to take away or at least highly
modify the second amendment ok?"
Us: "Uh..no we had some cool founding fathers who made
the rules and I like em"
Well we know where thats heading regardless, 2nd amendment.

You could go on and on but we're so complacent we just sit there like a kid stoned on weed nodding our head and not shooting back and screaming we wont take it any more...like criminals would do!

SSScottSS
03-07-2009, 01:12 AM
I had missed this thread but got an email about it. This really upsets me. If people think things have been bad up to now.... wait four years. Scary scary stuff