PDA

View Full Version : Fricken FLU

SmokinRAM114
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
anyone been hit with this shit yet?:( My dad had it last week, then my gma this week and now me today. i have been puking from both ends since 3am this morning, at least once an hour till 1pm today. I cant hold anything down, 7up, water, gaterade, i drink it and 30min later im puking it. I cant remember the last time I have been this sick. I had to miss work today after I just took a new position at work as a stand alone generator technician which blows...:punch:

70 cutlass 442
02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
i had same thing 2 years ago, was hospitalized for dehydration, couldnt keep water down, pepto bismol was comming up.... sucks, but usually fast moving!

Rocket Power
02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
My house is all sick, was off work for 2 days. Not flu though, just a bad cold or something, fever, stuffed up, coughing, aches etc.

BOSS LX
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
anyone been hit with this shit yet?:( My dad had it last week, then my gma this week and now me today. i have been puking from both ends since 3am this morning, at least once an hour till 1pm today. I cant hold anything down, 7up, water, gaterade, i drink it and 30min later im puking it. I cant remember the last time I have been this sick. I had to miss work today after I just took a new position at work as a stand alone generator technician which blows...:punch:

Since you are sick, I will see what time I should pick Coleen up. :rolf

Voodoo Chick
02-13-2009, 07:52 PM
That's NOT flu, it's gastroenteritis. It's an inflammation of the lining of your stomach/intestines....it WILL pass on it's own, but if you get too dehydrated, you may need to seek medical help. Hope you feel better soon!

lordairgtar
02-13-2009, 11:50 PM
That's NOT flu, it's gastroenteritis. It's an inflammation of the lining of your stomach/intestines....it WILL pass on it's own, but if you get too dehydrated, you may need to seek medical help. Hope you feel better soon!
That's been going around...nasty stuff. Drink tons of fluids but no soda with large quantities of sodium (Diet Rite Cola has none). Don't drink booze, that will dehydrate you very fast.:alcoholic

xxtremeteam
02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
could be flu got this in a email at work today

Daily News Main News

Print
Aurora Sinai reports increase in flu cases

Aurora Sinai Medical Center has seen a cluster of flu cases come through its emergency department. Dr. Paul Coogan told WITI-TV Fox 6 News that after a quiet winter with few flu cases, four patients with the flu were seen at Aurora Sinai Tuesday night, for a total of nine cases in the past two weeks. The story aired Wednesday evening.

Voodoo Chick
02-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Influenza ("Flu") Is ALWAYS a respiratory situation......the illness consisiting of vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal distress is caused by the rotavirus, adenovirus, and astrovirus. Is is often mistakenly referred to as "flu" when it is absolutely of no relation to the influenza virus. Influenza has numerous symptoms, which may include nausea and vomiting, but there is, in fact, NO such thing as "stomach flu." That is a condition called gastroenteritis. It can be very dangerous for children and the elderly.

flyin_blue_egg
02-14-2009, 06:41 AM
I had something earlier this week...whole body hurt, stomach cramps and a killer headache.

Cjburn
02-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Influenza is hell, the real flu. When I finally went to see a doctor I had 101.5 degree temp (I was feeling better that day than the day before), I couldn't breathe if I took more than two steps, coughing fits, cold sweats, it was hell. I, now, always get my shot.

formul8
02-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Just got over the stomach thing today. Yesterday was nothing but major bloating, throwing up, aches, pains, chills, and basically wanting to die.

Whatever it is, it was quick but man I am weak as hell today.

SmokinRAM114
02-14-2009, 10:39 AM
yea, im feeling MUCH better today. i have a slight headake but i think its because i havent eatn anything in almost two days and what i did eat i puked yesterday.

formul8
02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I had a couple glasses of water, half a cookie, two bites of a sandwich and a cup of tea.

Had a small breakfast today, but really jittery and achy as hell. This SUCKS!

70 cutlass 442
02-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Since you are sick, I will see what time I should pick Coleen up. :rolf

I assume you will be picking her up from my house then since its where she spent the night??? :D

BOSS LX
02-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I assume you will be picking her up from my house then since its where she spent the night??? :D

:wooo

Yeehaw
02-14-2009, 06:31 PM
chris stay the hell away from me then lol

BigSnailBuick
02-14-2009, 06:34 PM
After we all left the bar last night my buddy told me this morning that he was puking/shittin at the same time all night long...then felt fine by noon today. There are some weird bugs going around and alot of 24-48 hr stuff :flipoff2: