PDA

View Full Version : Another eye opening day at work...

Smokey1226
02-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I was just talking to my pops today about how im glad im not landscaping anymore, as some of our accounts were in real Shady area's and even when gas was cheap and the economy was fine....working on the northside sometimes was scary.

Well, about 2 hours after that convo we had a customer come in and look like he seen a ghost. This guy is 6'7" and a good 260lbs. Not a small guy by any means, so to see him like that was shocking.

Needless to say he told us the story, he was on the northside bidding a job in the "Hood" for extra cash on the side. He went into the house did his bid, when he came out he seen 3 "brothas" surronding his truck trying to break into his aluminum tool box in the bed of his truck. He started hollering, all 3 pulled guns.....1 shot and ended up shooting the truck and the bullet went through the front side of the bed into the cab....other shot, went right through his coat. About 2 inches from his leg.

He definately looks at life in a different way now. Crazy how fast you can be gone. As for the losers....they wonder why their are stereotypes

70 cutlass 442
02-13-2009, 02:44 AM
another reason why conceal carry should be allowed

Voodoo Chick
02-13-2009, 04:22 AM
People are stereotyped because they cause it themselves. Glad your customer was ok. I hope the 3 losers that tried to rob him and shot at him burn in Hell.

Mr Twigbert
02-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, I didn't get any guns at work last night but I did my best..

My partner and I issued 125 Uniform Traffic Citations (UTCs) last night.. :rockwoot:

Of 17 drivers stopped, 15 either didn't have a license, were suspended or were revoked.. We wrote 87 equipment violations and a host of other registration violations (expired plates, suspended plates, plates didn't list or plates expired in 2004 but yet there was an '09' sticker displayed)..

Our previous high in one shift was 71 tickets.. We were on a mission last night..

One lady got 15 tickets.. Yup, 15! Normal people would cry about getting so many tickets but she didn't.. She just drove off after we gave her a operating after suspension ticket.. :nutkick

DirtyMax
02-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Way to do your part to raise revenue! :thumbsup

Hopefully some of that money goes to the shitty city streets in Milwaukee... oh wait.. that would involve the deadbeats actually paying them.

wrath
02-13-2009, 09:22 AM

My partner and I issued 125 Uniform Traffic Citations (UTCs) last night.. :rockwoot:

That is something you should be proud of. And I'm not kidding. Even if 80% of those tickets never come to fruition you made your presence known. Just being there and being seen can make a huge difference in a community. For each of those people pissing and moaning about getting pulled over there are a hundred passers-by happy to see you there.

domokun
02-13-2009, 09:22 AM
no, the city wont raise revenue one bit...you know why? cause she wont pay. that's why she shrugged it off and didn't give a rats ass.

That_Guy
02-13-2009, 09:26 AM
this is no suprise to me that this happened. we need conceal carry. but jim doyle "that ******* steaming pile of crap" feels that the people dont have the right to protect them selves

shoooo32
02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
this is no suprise to me that this happened. we need conceal carry. but jim doyle "that ******* steaming pile of crap" feels that the people dont have the right to protect them selves

x10000000! Nice work Twigbert! Not too many people have the stones to do your job. Much respect. :thumbsup

juicedimpss
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
One lady got 15 tickets.. Yup, 15! Normal people would cry about getting so many tickets but she didn't.. She just drove off after we gave her a operating after suspension ticket.. :nutkick

how was she able to drive away with no valid DL?
this makes no sense to me.

Myles
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Last time i did that and was pulled over i was thrown in the back of a squad car.

formul8
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
another reason why conceal carry should be allowed

Yes, and then the situation would have most likely been even worse. ;)

Car Guy
02-13-2009, 10:27 AM
What district do you work in...???

I'm also curious as to why the vehicle wasn't towed......

shoooo32
02-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, and then the situation would have most likely been even worse. ;)

brothas might not be so quick to pull a piece if they know whitey is packing. :shades

Smokey1226
02-13-2009, 10:50 AM
brothas might not be so quick to pull a piece if they know whitey is packing. :shades
truf, Ive been shooting since ive been knee high. Im very confident in my abilty to hit what i aim at.

Mr Twigbert
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Because when 15 out of 17 drivers you stop don't have a license X's 5 years on the job you grow immune to people driving w/o a license.. You just simply issue the tickets and drive off.. Lets say I worked 250 days a year (out of 365) and I stop 5 people a night w/o a license (5 on the low end), times 5 years = 6,250 drivers.. That's how you just ticket and drive off..

And why wasn't the car towed? Because we were on a ticket writing mission only.. Each day we set out to write 30 or so tickets, write 5-10 handicap parking citations (@ $200 each because people at Autozone, 2475 W. North Ave. are too lazy to park 1-2 spots over) and tow 1 car.. We sometimes tow two cars but each time I tow a car it takes anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours.. Depending how long it takes to get the tow company there.. Even then, we have to have a reason to tow the car.. It has to have 3 or more outstanding parking citations and in violation at the time of the tow, the driver/operatior has to be arrested, it has to be unregistered or it has to be obstructing traffic/alley.. It takes quite a bit of work to tow a car..

Yup, that's my world in a nut shell.. And although it is nice to hear people thank me for what I am doing.. Don't.. I am getting paid to do it.. I get paid a decent wage by the citizens of Milwaukee and I am thankful to have a job.. Others on this site work WAY harder than I do in 8 hours and receive no thanks what so ever.. I enforce the laws I feel should be enforced and look past ones I don't see fit (which are the ones you guys break :thumbsup)..

Smokey1226
02-13-2009, 11:56 AM
twig, my hats off to you sir! I have mad respect for cops/investigators/ect

Our local officers are outstanding and go wayyy out of their way to help protect our local business's. i.e. Park across the street as we close up shop. Drive through the parking lot a couple times every hour just to wave and make sure things are ok.

To me, thats huge. I will always have their backs for that.

lordairgtar
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
truf, Ive been shooting since ive been knee high. Im very confident in my abilty to hit what i aim at.
Note to self: Be extra nice when buying stuff at that Shell station.

Smokey1226
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Note to self: Be extra nice when buying stuff at that Shell station.
:rolf *opens arms for a big hug*

formul8
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Whitey wasn't so quick to know that the brothas were packing, so it wouldn't matter.

That_Guy
02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Whitey wasn't so quick to know that the brothas were packing, so it wouldn't matter.

id still think odds are better if you have the chance to defend yourself no matter what way you put it. its proven that across the board crime drops by 15% the first year in states with conceal carry. i may not pull my piece right away but as soon as they turn there back there getting on in the brain pan.

70 cutlass 442
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM

Of 17 drivers stopped, 15 either didn't have a license, were suspended or were revoked.. We wrote 87 equipment violations and a host of other registration violations (expired plates, suspended plates, plates didn't list or plates expired in 2004 but yet there was an '09' sticker displayed)..

Our previous high in one shift was 71 tickets.. We were on a mission last night..

I hope like hell you never pull me over :D

twig, my hats off to you sir! I have mad respect for cops/investigators/ect

Our local officers are outstanding and go wayyy out of their way to help protect our local business's. i.e. Park across the street as we close up shop. Drive through the parking lot a couple times every hour just to wave and make sure things are ok.

To me, thats huge. I will always have their backs for that.

Yeah, F your local cop with his LS1 Cop car. I thought i was fine when i passed him at 75 on HWY 36 about 4 years ago..... not knowing it was indeed a cop car.

shoooo32
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, F your local cop with his LS1 Cop car. I thought i was fine when i passed him at 75 on HWY 36 about 4 years ago..... not knowing it was indeed a cop car.

More than a few of my friends have been pinched on hwy 36 by that Camaro. There he is sitting on the shoulder with his 4-ways on, next thing you know your getting a ticket for 15 mph over the limit.:flipoff2:

formul8
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
id still think odds are better if you have the chance to defend yourself no matter what way you put it. its proven that across the board crime drops by 15% the first year in states with conceal carry. i may not pull my piece right away but as soon as they turn there back there getting on in the brain pan.

If they are dumb enough to rob a truck and pull guns out in broad daylight, I doubt they care about statistics and would have done it anyways.

Ricky Bobby
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM

One lady got 15 tickets.. Yup, 15! Normal people would cry about getting so many tickets but she didn't.. She just drove off after we gave her a operating after suspension ticket.. :nutkicku need ur own thread and u need to log how many tickets u issue a night so we can tally this and see how many dead beats there are on that side of town lol

70 cutlass 442
02-13-2009, 05:50 PM
More than a few of my friends have been pinched on hwy 36 by that Camaro. There he is sitting on the shoulder with his 4-ways on, next thing you know your getting a ticket for 15 mph over the limit.:flipoff2:

I wanted to hit it but when the head lights got closer i could tell it was indeed a LS1 and not an LT1..... so i of course stopped.

03CVLX
02-13-2009, 05:53 PM
u need ur own thread and u need to log how many tickets u issue a night so we can tally this and see how many dead beats there are on that side of town lol

That would be a cool thread. Way to go Twig..... You need to be on that Speeders show, that would be frigging Awesome.

hotshift13
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Ummmmm, Where do you patrol? So I can keep my ass out of that area!!:rolf:rolf:rolf

T-Bag
02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Haha district 4 or 7?

Russ Jerome
02-13-2009, 07:10 PM
People are stereotyped because they cause it themselves.

Thank you!

I think my wife finaly came to the same conclusion last
Memorial day when I came home from an attempted
robbery in the Sunrise Liqure store on Capitol. Little did
the large gentleman know that a single punch from him
lead to several return blows and me chasing him over a
fence. NismoDave will attest to my contusions, it was not
a one sided fight....until I kicked his @$$ in the end.

I have bruthas who are good friends but they know if they
aproach me from a dark corner Im going to throw a 6'
high kick before asking questions.

lit666
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
he's district 3

Flicktitty
02-13-2009, 09:33 PM
i could see how a cop in the milwaukee area could write 100+ tickets a night. fuck my brothers a cop in Delavan and i go with him alot on ride alongs, and just knowing what i do i bet i could stop and ticket 100+ people a night for moving violations....

then again thats alot of paperwork.

-stew-
02-14-2009, 12:54 AM
i may not pull my piece right away but as soon as they turn there back there getting on in the brain pan.

Shooting someone in the back. Nice. Proof you're a ***** and a you just made a valid argument for someone in opposition of concealed carry. The phrase "think before you speak" also applies to typing. Do your part to support the cause and not say shit like that, eh?

Fuck the law. If I'm going to a shitty part of town, or doing a large cash transaction; the .40 is at hand. I'd like to see an increase in open carry as been happening in the Black River Falls area. I think this will force the state to face the fact that criminalizing people who openly carry is a violation of ones Second Amendment rights. I believe this will in turn lead the state realize they need to join in with the 96% of the Union that allows lawful concealed carry.