PDA

View Full Version : Caravan/ Voyager/ T&C trans needed

d0nut
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I dragged a 97 Plymouth Voyager home this eve and it needs a trans. It has a 3.3 V6.

Anyone have one or a good lead?

awsomeears
02-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Tim @ TNS knows his stuff !!!

Getting a used one is stupid unless your just turning around and selling it but still its a gamble, any chrysler van has tranny issues lol

Mine was on the frits but I re-set the code and drained the pan + new filter and some Lucas treatment and its been fine ever since

" Knock on wood "

What are the issues on your van ?

d0nut
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
This one was a ghetto purchase and it seems it was run out of fluid from a leak. You kinda have to block the wheels on it or use the E Brake since it "ain't got no park no'mo"......

I regret not having boughten a 98 caravan that was for sale for parts a while ago. Was asspacked but had a great drivetrain in it. Live and learn!

Tim @ TNS knows his stuff !!!

Getting a used one is stupid unless your just turning around and selling it but still its a gamble, any chrysler van has tranny issues lol

Mine was on the frits but I re-set the code and drained the pan + new filter and some Lucas treatment and its been fine ever since

" Knock on wood "

What are the issues on your van ?

Prince Valiant
02-13-2009, 12:45 AM
http://car-part.com/

I checked, they have a couple in WI that are tested in good running order.

HY35F2T
02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
This one was a ghetto purchase and it seems it was run out of fluid from a leak. You kinda have to block the wheels on it or use the E Brake since it "ain't got no park no'mo"......

I regret not having boughten a 98 caravan that was for sale for parts a while ago. Was asspacked but had a great drivetrain in it. Live and learn!

tell me about it pretty much why if the part dont sell i keep it.

Russ Jerome
02-13-2009, 06:33 PM
it was run out of fluid from a leak. You kinda have to block the wheels on it or use the E Brake since it "ain't got no park no'mo"......

The mechanical pawl that serves as the park function is
easily broken, and as easily repaired by dropping the pan.

If it shifts fine it would be a lot more of a PITA to swap
than repair. The most expensive part of the trans is the
rear gearset, I have spares if the OD and R where out on
it (common failure).

If the fluid is pouring out the input seal area of the TQ
then its probably junk, diff pin bores thru until it finds
daylight and voids Satans juice until it smokes.

If you get your choice of donors go with the newest one
you can, like a 99 or later for there updates.

d0nut
02-13-2009, 07:38 PM
The interchangeability has been one of my biggest questions. I have a lead on a trans from an 03 for a good price but don't want to end up having a doorstop I can't use!

If the weather warms up a bit I may pressure wash the van and see what's what.

The mechanical pawl that serves as the park function is
easily broken, and as easily repaired by dropping the pan.

If it shifts fine it would be a lot more of a PITA to swap
than repair. The most expensive part of the trans is the
rear gearset, I have spares if the OD and R where out on
it (common failure).

If the fluid is pouring out the input seal area of the TQ
then its probably junk, diff pin bores thru until it finds
daylight and voids Satans juice until it smokes.

If you get your choice of donors go with the newest one
you can, like a 99 or later for there updates.

SLOWC5
02-15-2009, 11:21 AM
my buddy works at ewald chrysler he said he'd rebuild it for you. PM me if interested

JEFF

d0nut
02-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I scored a 05 41TE for $300 in Madison (35k on it) but I may talk to your buddy and have the one I yank redone for my next van. Never hurts to have a fresh trans sitting around for the next cheap van I see!

my buddy works at ewald chrysler he said he'd rebuild it for you. PM me if interested

JEFF

LIL EVO
02-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Here's something for ya:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Salvage-Parts-Cars__98-Caravan-parts-nice-front-clip-interior-and-dash_W0QQitemZ270346194740QQadiZ7582QQadnZSalvageQ 20PartsQ20CarsQQcmdZViewItemQQptZSalvage_Parts_Car s?hash=item270346194740&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318