Russ Jerome
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Not a huge fan but at $5.99 a 20 count box Dunhams is
the cheapest over the counter I've found recently. Box
says $7.99 but there is a sale tag on shelf. This was at
the National/Hwy 100 location but I expect it to be the
same at all I would think.

I think the cheapest "better" 223 ammo I saw was over
at Farm/Fleet Wauk, Winchester white box for $8.49.

Gander and Sportsman warehouse is the only place I
have seen variety of premium ammo, premium prices
but in stock. Anybody bought ammo at Shooters supply
up in Lomira?

SSDude
02-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Blaines Farm & Fleet on Rawson had Remington 55gr 20count for $8 last week.
I think it was normally $8.49, not a huge savings but.

I recall someone here stating the wolf ammo gave them problems. Not sure why. Great price though.

Breecher_7
02-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Cheap...

But its exactly that.... Cheap....

I wouldnt put that in my guns....

MurphysLaw88GT
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I like the Lake City M193 or WWB M193 for the brass.

MurphysLaw88GT
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Blaines Farm & Fleet on Rawson had Remington 55gr 20count for $8 last week.
I think it was normally $8.49, not a huge savings but.

I recall someone here stating the wolf ammo gave them problems. Not sure why. Great price though.

Often times the polymer sealant on the steel cased Wolf (Wolf Military Classic line is notorious with its reddish tinge colored sealant) that they ran till very recently gives people fits in certain weapons, many times ARs or in delayed-roller blowback weapons where fluted chambers are gummed up by sealant and wont extract properly.

In anything I care about I will use brass-cased stuff. In my AKs, I will run steel cased shit and they will like it.

That_Guy
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Cheap...

But its exactly that.... Cheap....

I wouldnt put that in my guns....

the trick with wolf ammo is "CLEAN YOUR FIREARMS AFTER" otherwise dont use it.. but as far as self defense goes federal hydro shok.

That_Guy
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Often times the polymer sealant on the steel cased Wolf (Wolf Military Classic line is notorious with its reddish tinge colored sealant) that they ran till very recently gives people fits in certain weapons, many times ARs or in delayed-roller blowback weapons where fluted chambers are gummed up by sealant and wont extract properly.

In anything I care about I will use brass-cased stuff. In my AKs, I will run steel cased shit and they will like it.

my sks's only see steel cased wolf ammo lately i lucked out and have gotten my hands on the coated steel case ammo

Breecher_7
02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
the trick with wolf ammo is "CLEAN YOUR FIREARMS AFTER" otherwise dont use it.. but as far as self defense goes federal hydro shok.

:asshole Or just dont use the junk... :rolf

Knyghtmare
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I tried that $6 Wolf shit in my AR and that crap sucks. At least to me it did. Some of you guys may like it better, but I wont ever shoot that shit again even if someone gave it to me. My baby was emaculate and that crap still wouldnt load properly.

Russ Jerome
02-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Wolf is the bottom of the barrel but when your kid wants to
dump a few dozen 30rnd clips out a 20yr old M4 barrel, wash
out is'nt a concern!

Dont bother using the Wolf stuff in old Bolt actions or transfer
bar style rifles (H&R or NEF) as you will only light off 75% of
the primers. Any old AR/M rifle should spit them out easily,
hell the pin of an AR should fire em like a rimfire less primer!

USMARINE1108
02-13-2009, 05:41 AM
About 4 years ago I put 2k rounds of .223 wolf through one of my ARs. No problems at all. I only cleaned it 2-3 times in that time too. I'm not a HUGE fan of it, but if it will feed reliably, there is no problem. The chamber of your rifle is much harder then the steel. This was back when it was really cheap. Wolf 7.62x39 is all I shoot out of other rifles, one of which has had over 3k through it.

Rocket Power
02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Do AR's come with skirts on them because they're too dainty for Wolf?:rolf:rolf:rolf

That_Guy
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Do AR's come with skirts on them because they're too dainty for Wolf?:rolf:rolf:rolf

HA...one of my sks's probably had 1,000 rounds of wolf ammo and then some put through it and it never had any issues.

Rocket Power
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Wolf and stinky chinese is all I've shot out of my old sks and current AK