PDA

View Full Version : For My Verizon Peeps

MoCkiN U
02-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I dont know if this breaks a rule but I am not promoting me or my store BUT, coming sunday of this week Verizon Wirless is announcing "Friends & Family".

This means if on a plan $59.99 or higher for single lines or $89.99 or higher for family share plans you get to choose 5 numbers (single lines) or 10 numbers (family share) to call to for absolutely FREE and the calls will be unlimited.

This is part of the Alltell purchase that took completed earlier this month and also a roll back to the MCI purchase of years ago that allows this to launch this feature to their customer base. If you already have a qualifying plan all you will have to do is go on verizonwireless.com and sign up for this service as its FREE for you

P.S. Numbers can be wireless based from another carrier, land line, 800 number for conference calls, or business lines

TheRX7Project
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
SWEET! Too bad I already have more minutes than I use.

Myles
02-12-2009, 03:00 PM
wow, thats pretty awesome.

rally_scort
02-12-2009, 03:13 PM
thank god i switched to verizon earlier this week.Is this going to be permenant, or just a promotional thing to attract customers?

88Nightmare
02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
hey kelley I just looked at my bill and my calling plan qualifies. So do we have to wait until sunday to sign up or can I do it now? I already have my "online accont" at verizonwireless.com... thats where I always view and pay my bill. So what else do I need to do?

03CVLX
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
One more question. I have the 59.99 plan, however I qualify and get for a 15% discount as a city employee. Do you know if I will still qualify for this deal or not?

MoCkiN U
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
thank god i switched to verizon earlier this week.Is this going to be permenant, or just a promotional thing to attract customers?

permanent. purchasing alltell and our previous purchase of MCI years ago allowed it as we are limited legally on which features we can have to maintain competitive balance

hey kelley I just looked at my bill and my calling plan qualifies. So do we have to wait until sunday to sign up or can I do it now? I already have my "online accont" at verizonwireless.com... thats where I always view and pay my bill. So what else do I need to do?

Yup. just wait till sunday for official launch. Thats it

One more question. I have the 59.99 plan, however I qualify and get for a 15% discount as a city employee. Do you know if I will still qualify for this deal or not?

Um not sure on that one. Let me check tomorrow at work for ya

RanJer
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM
If only I used the minutes I have each month.. I'd do it. lol Too bad 700 mins between the 2 of us is still double what we need.

Breecher_7
02-12-2009, 07:26 PM
This is great news!!!!!

88Nightmare
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
If only I used the minutes I have each month.. I'd do it. lol Too bad 700 mins between the 2 of us is still double what we need.

its a free service, so why not take advantage of it anyway? Probably won't cost ya but 5 minutes of your time to set up.

03CVLX
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Found this on the website already. It won't work for me, I have the 450 min Select plan to make it 59.99 a month. Its gotta be a 59.99 plan for minutes only(900 min plan) or for Family plan(1400 mins shared)

http://support.vzw.com/information/friends_and_family.html

MoCkiN U
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I guess I should have clarified that for you guys on that point. jeeperz would have to increase his plan from 700 to 1400 to get the feature for free which is extra $20 for him for minute feature that today he isnt using already.

RanJer
02-12-2009, 08:43 PM
On top of that most people I call, have Verizon... and if I remember correctly, it's unlimited IN calling.. correct?

I don't have nearly enough friends to need the 10 free people.

MoCkiN U
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Yup^

88Nightmare
02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah I too have the 450 select plan so this wont work for me either. As much as I like my verizon service, they are really droppin the ball on this one.

My friend on t-mobile has the pick 5 deal and only pays for a plan that has less then 200 minutes a month, all the rest of the minutes used go under the pick 5 deal.

rally_scort
02-13-2009, 07:30 AM
thank god i got the 900 minute plan, now i just need to find 5 friends :rolf

ND4SPD
02-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Meh, I have a 900min family share so this doesn't do me any good either. I'm sure VZW did some pretty careful research to make sure they weren't really giving too many people a break by implementing this.

MoCkiN U
02-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Meh, I have a 900min family share so this doesn't do me any good either. I'm sure VZW did some pretty careful research to make sure they weren't really giving too many people a break by implementing this.

actually the opposite happened. It was the same feature our alltell customer base Verizon bought had and was based on the same thing so we had to keep similar for them BUT, add it for the new base of customers we already have who didnt have it.

We have 3 very specific programs designed to give our customer breaks that none of the other carriers do today so what you said is not in our business model.

*we credit you $5 back toward the early termination fee for every month you have service in case you did want to cancel that line
*we guarantee (sp?) a $50 or $100 credit toward the purchase of a new phone at renewal time for a primary line. We also let you upgrade the primary at 1 year point
*we credit the service used when getting a new line with us if you port back to your carrier or another we pay for that service used

Those arent growth initiatives, those are for our existing customers and no other companies do that at all today

P.S. employee discounted plans are still eligible for the feature.

88Nightmare
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
so kelley, am I eligible? I have the Nationwide Select 450min plan for $59.99 a month

MoCkiN U
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
na brotha. You gotta be on the 900 min single $59 plan or 1400 fam share plan at $89 which means you would add $20 to your plan to get it

Rocket Power
02-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I'll have to see how many minutes we have, we have a family plan. I will say that Verizon is my favorite carrier so far of the ones I've had since 95'ish and the sweet giant motorola flip phone :rolf

03CVLX
02-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Well, even though I can't take advantage of this plan, I am still Extremely happy with Verizon. Its gotta be one of the best decisions I have ever made. U.S. Cellular can't hold a candle to Verizon even with Free Incoming. :rolf

RanJer
02-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Nice to see who all has verizon.. lol Atleast I can call all of you for free.. And I have the $5/mth unlimited text to all verizon... Get ready to have your inbox flooded!!!

Rocket Power
02-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Looks like we have the 1400 minute plan, we went over one month and ate a big turd sandwich so we upped the minutes:rolf
Not that we come close now, but....

MoCkiN U
02-13-2009, 08:57 PM
you can get it starting sunday. 10 numbers of your choice on that plan and you can change them daily if wanted. The changes take effect at midnight the day of the change is entered. Not limited to the amounts of changes per month

Rocket Power
02-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Any cool new phones coming out soon?

MoCkiN U
02-14-2009, 10:28 AM
YES^

there is a new LG phone coming out just like the dare (2/22 supposed to be launch) but TONS, i mean TONS smaller and its all touch. They key to this new device is it comes with an attachable keyboard that clips onto the phone. Imagine the phone is a wallet and has a leather like cover and when you open the wallet the phone is on one side and the keyboard on the other. Hard to explain its the LG VX9600 or also called LG Versa

didnt have a lot of time to search it up http://cellphoneforums.net/phone-database/phonegallery/LG_Versa_VX9600.html

MoCkiN U
02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Its a direct replacement to the LG Dare. There is a new voyager on its way also. Samsung has some new devices too and all should be here by end of march.