PDA

View Full Version : Starting to sell all my Mopar Stuff.

Swags63
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I have a lot of mopar stuff that I'm getting ready to sell, here one I've listed on CL http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1031506770.html (http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1031506770.html). But Ive got a lot more.

I have a 68 340 X head motor with 4spd. here is the info on it.

This is just out of the machine shop still wrapped plastic completely dissembled. All of the parts are either new or rebuilt, I’m asking $3000. I also have the matching 4spd that came with the motor complete with bell housing. The trans has seen better days but it still spins I know very little about it other then it is supposed to be a matched set, asking $250. I will have pics of all of these items by next week, but I’m trying to get a head start and see if anyone is interested
The Engine comes with the following parts and work done:

<DIR>Block with fresh 60 over bore
Steel crank polished but standard demission
340 X heads with hardened seat and stainless valves
Rods cleaned resized
Comp Cams 274 xtreme energy hyd. Cam and Lifter Kit
Speed-Pro Power Forged Pistons
Moly Rings
Complete Gasket set
Cam Bearings installed
ARP Wave Lock rod bolts
ARP Head Bolts
Meling High volume oil pump
Comp Cams Valve Springs
Comp Cams Super Valve Locks
Manley Retainers
Clevite P-Series Rod Bearings
Clevite P-Series Main Bearings

</DIR>I also have a 70 440 HP 99% sure it is a six pack motor from running the number on the block (date code distributor pad markings and the partial vin code by the oil pan rail.) no intake or carbs but comes with a 727 auto 2800 stall and a dual point distributor. No history on this engine all I know is that it spins free with no noises it is a complete long block with 906 heads.

I have several sets of heads for a big block 1set-906, 1set-516, and a set of 915s. Two more 340 blocks one is a 69 and the other is a 71 both need to be cleaned and checked. Rocker arm sets Isky ductile iron and a set of roller rockers big block stuff. Camshafts big block lunati with lifters low miles. And more things I cant rember right now. Let me know if your interested..

Thanks, Swags63:wooo:wow:wooo

Moparjim
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Six Pak motors would be stamped "HP2". They would also have the easy to identify externally balanced harmonic balancer that was used with the heavier rods. Even if it has the rods/balancer/stamping, it still may not have been a factory six pak motor so to speak, as a ton of them were installed as normal four barrel motors.

Either way, unless you are lucky enough to find the numbers matching six pak car that someone would want it for, those motors don't sell for much anymore. Used to be people were after the stronger (heavier) rods and balancer for motor builds, but nowadays there are so many affordable, LIGHTER yet still stronger rods being made noone uses the "six pak" rods anymore.

Swags63
02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info Jim. It is stamped HP2 and does have the extra weight on the balancer and I can't remember what the partial VIN came up with but this was the info I was given and researched. I was posting it hoping that some would need a date correct block for a restoration it would be a shame for it not to go that way, that why I have never parted it out.