PDA

View Full Version : Wii/Guitar Hero question....

Prince Valiant
02-12-2009, 09:58 AM
How do you add an extra guitar so that you can play the multi-player setting? This is for Guitar hero III and for world tour.

My wife and I have an extra guitar and all, but there is nothing in the instructions about syncing the extra guitar/wiimote combo.

Korndogg
02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
buy an xbox. problem solved lol

Myles
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Did you sync the original wiimote? It should just work by turning that mote and getting it in the guitar or however that process goes.

Prince Valiant
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
lol...I'll have to wait till next christmas then...

Prince Valiant
02-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Did you sync the original wiimote? It should just work by turning that mote and getting it in the guitar or however that process goes.Well, for most the games, it has a menu that allows you to sync...but I can't seem to come across it on GH. When you go to the multi-player setting on world tour, it does have a spot to allow for "syncing", but it doesn't...despite that all the other games try.

I'll try with the wii-mote out of the guitar (I think I may have, but I'll try again).

thanks

badass88gt
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm not quite sure I'm following you but.... do you have a Wiimote for each guitar? Once you sync both Wiimotes (which really has nothign to do with the guitars) you just plug them in, and in the band screen you will each hit the button to join the band.

Prince Valiant
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not quite sure I'm following you but.... do you have a Wiimote for each guitar? Once you sync both Wiimotes (which really has nothign to do with the guitars) you just plug them in, and in the band screen you will each hit the button to join the band.
Yes, I have two wii-motes.

One is always synced to the game...no problems there. But then, trying to sync the other one so that I can put it in the guitar, and thus play in the multi-player setting has been the problem.

I tried to sync with the wii-mote outside the guitar, in the guitar, in various menu's, etc...all with no success.

Obviously, I'm not a gamer, lol.

badass88gt
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
How are you trying to sync it? You are pushing both the button on the Wiimote and the button on the front of the Wii, right?

Prince Valiant
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Yep, tried that.

Question though: Do you have to continuously hold the red sync button while the wii-mote is flashing? I thought after holding the sync button for 15 seconds, it'll clear it's sync'd data...

badass88gt
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
It should only take a second.I think you have to sync it without a game disc in the Wii though. How about the batteries? Mine just flash when the batteries need a recharge.