PDA

View Full Version : Favre Is retiring for real this time.

Josepy
02-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I was a big fan of his. After last years bull shit I don't even care.

Nfl.com

nismodave
02-11-2009, 09:33 AM
I got 20 says he plays in 09 season.

That_Guy
02-11-2009, 09:35 AM
this might be for real. god i hope so...

Josepy
02-11-2009, 09:36 AM

I will take that bet. You are on.

xxtremeteam
02-11-2009, 09:37 AM
hate to say it but I could careless

DirtyMax
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Shouldn't have ever come back. He tarnished his legacy a little IMO. He could get away with all that "holier than thou" stuff in GB but in NY, he was just another newb and they called him out on it...

sdb300zx
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I will believe it when I see it!!

PB86MCSS
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I think its for real this time but who knows. Maybe hes hoping they cut him so he can be available to sign with the Vikings. Should of stayed retired instead of deciding to comeback in late July :rolleyes: . I like him but all the crap surrounding him got old in the last few years.

Anakonda69
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
noone cares yet people still post about it. lol ironic.

70challenger452
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I wonder if he's still convinced he was "guilty of retiring early" the first time around. I'm so glad the packers aren't involved in the BS anymore.

TraceDaddy
02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
noone cares yet people still post about it. lol ironic.

And as far as tarnishing his legacy? If you don't care about him why do you care about his legacy? And it is HIS legacy not yours. More wins than any QB in history? I hope I can create a legacy in my field to tarnish like that.

GRAMPS SS
02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
will he cry if they have a press con on tv.....again

he had a good year... on a high note....

GRAMPS SS
02-11-2009, 10:54 AM
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey (Ticker)—Brett Favre is calling it quits for good.

Favre had his agent, James “Bus” Cook, inform the New York Jets on Wednesday morning that the record-setting quarterback is retiring.

The news of Favre’s departure comes just over six weeks after the end of the regular season and 11 months after the 39-year-old had said he was done playing for the first time.

The three-time NFL Most Valuable Player had announced his retirement in March 2008 only to un-retire four months later, which led to a messy divorce from the Green Bay Packers and a subsequent trade to the Jets.

However, Favre’s final season in a stellar 18-year career did not go as planned as he and the Jets staggered down the stretch.

The three-time MVP threw two touchdown passes and nine of his league-high 22 interceptions as the Jets lost four of their last five games to squander a playoff spot.

The ugly ending prompted criticism of Favre by some of his teammates, particularly running back Thomas Jones, who said Favre should have been benched.

Yet team owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum remained staunch in their support of Favre, saying they wanted him to return.

“I had a great conversation with Brett this morning,” Johnson said. “Considering that he came from a totally different environment and joined our team during training camp, his performance last season was extraordinary. As I spoke with people throughout the organization, they all told me how much they enjoyed working with him.

“Brett Favre is a Hall of Fame player, but he is also a Hall of Fame person. Brett, (wife) Deanna and his family will always be a part of the Jets family.”

In his e-mail to an ESPN reporter, Favre praised the organization and since-fired coach Eric Mangini, saying he had no regrets about finishing his career with the Jets after spending 16 seasons with the Packers.

“Mike and Woody, as well as the entire organization, have been nothing short of outstanding,” Favre said in the e-mail. “My teammates … were a pleasure to play with. Eric could not have been any better. I enjoyed playing for him. My time with the Jets was short, but I’m honored to be given that chance.”

The NFL’s career leader in a number of passing categories, Favre had hinted at the end of the season that his health - particularly his ailing right shoulder - would be a factor in his future.

Despite the late-season flameout, the Jets still went 9-7 with Favre following a dismal 4-12 mark in 2007.

“When we acquired Brett, we knew we would get everything he had,” Tannebaum. “He took the time to mentor younger players and his competitiveness and enthusiasm at practice and during games was contagious. I spoke with him this morning and told him that he will be a friend of the Jets for years to come and it was an honor to work with him.”

Favre’s retirement leaves a gaping hole at quarterback for the Jets. Kellen Clemens was inconsistent in his chance to start in 2007, and Erik Ainge did not take a snap in his rookie season.

That dilemma will be left up to new head coach Rex Ryan, who succeeded Mangini on January 21.

“It was an honor to coach against Brett over the years,” Ryan said. “If he’s not the best quarterback ever, then he’s certainly in the conversation. I have great admiration for him as a player and a person. I wish him only the best in his life after football.”

Favre walks away from the game having made a league-record 269 consecutive starts. He completed his career as the NFL’s all-time leader in touchdowns (464), completions (5,720), attempts (9,281), yards (65,127), wins (169) and interceptions (310).

That_Guy
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
i think its funny that he asked to be released and the jets said no... good this means he cant go play for the vikings.

TraceDaddy
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
good this means he cant go play for the vikings.

You don't want him to go there? Why not? I would think if he were such a liability that you'd love him to play there.

Nix
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
i think its funny that he asked to be released and the jets said no... good this means he cant go play for the vikings.

It would be awesome if he went and played for the Vikings.

For the record, I have always been a fan of Favre and still am. However I agree that when he retired the first time he should have stayed retired. Hopefully this time he stays true to his retirement. Time will tell, to be continued...

srt4eh
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
he should play for the Lions...lol

Deggy
02-11-2009, 12:55 PM
He will be back in the 09 season. I agree with you Dave. I'll put 20 on him coming back too.

Anakonda69
02-11-2009, 01:19 PM
again this decining star who tarnished his legacy is not wanted back into the nfc north? i think he should do what he wants when he wants. it's his life. wonder why people don't want him back in the nfc north? lol

DirtyMax
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
He came back, was hated by his new teammates, threw the coach under the bus, and has earned the rep as a drama queen. That's my personal interpretation for saying he's tarninshed his legacy. Nobody's ever going to take his accpmplishments away from him, nor did I ever imply that I didn't care. I'm just assuming the tarnished legacy comments are directed towards me because I'm the only one who said it in those words. If that's the case, then these are my reasons why I consider his legacy tarninshed and never implied that it had anything do do with the on-the-field stuff. It was all the drama off of it that ruined it for me.

Love the guy to death but just sick of hearning all the crap. It's getting a little too "Boy Who Cried Wolf" for my taste.

Do I care if he played elsewhere in the divsion? Hell no I don't care. If it means another year of seeing him play, then let him be a Viking, Bear, Lion, etc. for all I care.

SBC-Fox
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
favre was / is a great qb i hope he plays in 09 if not he had a great career and i think he did pretty good with the jets for the time and players he had

badass88gt
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I say good riddance.

mr.gone1985
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
He had a great career and it is to bad the last year or so were so F***ed up. I think this time he is done for good. He knows for sure it is time to go.

TraceDaddy
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Is there a reason people think that this is a unique occurence? This happens ALL THE TIME. Montana, Namath, Unitas, White (Reggie) the list goes on. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but I remember these. If your company forced you into early retirement (retirement@ss) before you were ready you wouldn't be too pleased either.

Get some perspective guys.

And tarnish a legacy? Puleeze. It's HIS career not yours. His year with the Jets is part of it. And chalk up 9 more wins. 3 more than our (my) beloved Packers had. More wins than any QB in history.

I want to see show of hands to see which of you dominate your chosen profession the way Brett has. Then give me your work address because I want to come by and personally hire you to my staff.

mr.gone1985
02-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Does anyone remember Micheal Jordan. I believe he retired 3 times.

Yooformula
02-11-2009, 05:24 PM
damm that guy has some serious swingers. oh well his records will fall too one day just like Marino's. At least we wont have to hear about him on tv anymore. think that horse is finally dead.

TraceDaddy
02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
You don't think he'll end up on Fox next to Terry Bradshaw?? Maybe not this year but next.

DirtyMax
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
To me, legacy is more than just stats, records, and wins. It also contains his off the field primadonna stuff, including conversations with division rival coaches and divulging game plans, an accusation he never denied. He just blew it off in hopes it would go away. Ted Thompson, as much as I despise him, tried to take the high road on this one. Brett... not so much. I tell you what.. if I was as highly regarded as he is and just got traded to a new team of guys who've been playing together already, you bet your ass I'd be reaching out to them or at the very least not blowing them off when they approach me. Stories I've read portray Favre as being a horrible NYJ teammate and I have yet to read a story where anyone's defended that rumor.

To each their own. That's the beauty of an opinion or view.

If one wants to base a legacy on purely what one does at work, they have that right. I can bet my last nickel that even if I was the best employee in the world, but an absolute shithead to all of my coworkers, them and their following would resent me most certainly, and in turn tell their family and friends who without even knowing me personally would resent that part of me too. If I was the same position as my team, yet I insisted on eating lunch in my own private cafeteria, they'd think I was a jerk as well... he did the same thing with his private office/locker room stunt. I guess for me, I care too much about others and their opinions. If I was a jazillionaire, I'd like to think I'd be the same way. All I know for sure is I'd love to have the problem, LOL! I do pretty well where I work. In sales, there's an undeniable way of tracking success much like a pro QB's stats sort of dictate whether or not he's considered a success. Even though I have had certain successes that others around me have not, I do not ever for a second think I'm better than them or demand special treatment. Colleagues in the past have and I've seen them crash and burn because of it too. I guess being "grounded" is important to me because you never can tell when it could all come tumbling down. In my opinion, being a jagoff gets you nowhere in the game of life.

To me, legacy is the entire package... above all not forgetting where you came from and who/what got you where you were.

I completely respect everyone's views on the subject and while I do not think my opinion is the right one, I do think it's one way of looking at it. :thumbsup

Yooformula
02-11-2009, 05:34 PM
You don't think he'll end up on Fox next to Terry Bradshaw?? Maybe not this year but next.

thats fine. I dont really care either way but hearing about his saga is getting old. If he is on Fox, fine otherwise, dont care he could end up annoying like Madden or Marino for all we know. Just sick of seeing the bs on sportscenter all the time. I am sure people will forget all this bs after awhile but for now...brett STFU!

I still laugh when I got an invite to a closed practice session with the packers and the ENTIRE team was in full pads with all coaches in FULLSPEED except for Brett. Because as 1 player told us on the sideline, Brett doesnt have to come to practices if he doesnt want to....

TraceDaddy
02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
How about charity work? Would that count? Make a Wish Foundation? I'm sure you've heard of that one anyway. My wife works at Midwest Airlines in Public Relations and works a LOT with MAW. (I have to get my suit pressed for a state dinner in a couple weeks.)

You have never seen anyone work harder or take a more vested interest in some of these little kids than Brett does. I will guarantee there is no one on this board who has put in 1/2 the charitable time he has. On this one cause that I'm familiar with.

As far as not hanging out with his teammates for dinner. (That is what Thomas Jones was bitching about.) They need to get a grip on what's important. That team sucked at 4-12 last year. Dinner engagements are the last of their worries.

And Yoo, sick of seeing it on Sportscenter? Bitch to ESPN. Brett didn't make them do a damn thing. STFU? He hasn't said ANYTHING! How much more STFU do you want??

badass88gt
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow, you are really a big Favre fan arent you?

Yooformula
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
actually kurt warner and the manning boys do just as much as farve. easy to throw around alot of charity weight when you make millions and get a nice tax right off I am sure. you compare people here that wont make 1/10 of his salary to him and his charity.....IF YOU ARE SO BLESSED TO MAKE THAT KIND OF CASH DOING WHAT YOU LOVE YOU OWE IT TO OTHERS TO HELP. I would expect nothing less imo! almost every qb works just as hard in their own state just because you dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt occur. shit I didnt see farve sending money, clothes and food to countries in need after the tsunami......the manning boys got their plane! I realize this charity may be personal to you but not to everyone, Hell I didnt see Brett dontate anything to the kids cancer center and brain tumor foundation here in se wisc thats important to me!

when he is on the clock, part of his job is making the relationship wiht his new team thats what the dinner bitchings were about not to mention making no attempts to integrate himself with the players. and again the same sentiment rang true in GB...separate locker room, didnt have to practice, no accountability for gross mistakes, etc.

talk about stfu? if brett wasnt making a conference about everytime he thought about retiring then crying about coming back, it wouldnt be on espn all the time. it is their job to find a story and run it till death but doesnt mean he has to have his sorry ass on everytime the spotlight is off of him lately.

not trying to make you hate your idol as I am sure non of our opinions will be swayed but listening to the hardcore bitching AND sucking is annoying.

TraceDaddy
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow, you are really a big Favre fan arent you?

Yes. But I'm really more of a Thompson hater. All athletes have a prime and pass it. Brett has. It doesn't mean he's not a hell of a lot better than a lot of schmucks out there. And as much as he's meant to the Packers he was treated poorly. That is what ticks me off. Make Rodgers beat him out for the position. I don't have any problem with that at all. Don't kick him out the door because you "think" Rodgers is the guy. Thompson's record at thinking isn't too hot.

And Yoo. I'm not talking money spent on a charity. I'm talking time. He only has as many hours in the day as you have. And he spent way more of them on this one case than anyone here can probably say.

As far as being tired about hearing it. Someone on another board said it best. If you Google Brett Favre you'll find 457,000 hits that were written about him in 2 months last summer. Do you mean to tell me he wrote all of them himself?

PB86MCSS
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Everyone has an opinion but I don't think the Pack forced Favre to retire last year. Forced to stay retired, sure. They certainly didn't mind his original decision but he had his chance to come back early on, when he stated he was retiring a year ago they moved on from that point. If he would of stated he wanted to return for 08' at the time he stated he was retiring (early March) he would of been the starter this past year.

The media has beaten everything to death but Favre has never really helped the situation. I love 90% of the way he is and plays but about 10%, his force-every-throw games and selfish attitude with certain things got really tiring, especially at the end of his career.

Nix
02-11-2009, 06:14 PM
If your company forced you into early retirement (retirement@ss) before you were ready you wouldn't be too pleased either.

It took two. It wasn't just the Packers orginazation pushing him out the door. It was a combined effort. :)

Regardless its done and over with now.

As I said in a earlier post, I've always like Favre and enjoyed watching him grow up. He is and always will be one of the best. :headbang

Yooformula
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes. But I'm really more of a Thompson hater. All athletes have a prime and pass it. Brett has. It doesn't mean he's not a hell of a lot better than a lot of schmucks out there. And as much as he's meant to the Packers he was treated poorly. That is what ticks me off. Make Rodgers beat him out for the position. I don't have any problem with that at all. Don't kick him out the door because you "think" Rodgers is the guy. Thompson's record at thinking isn't too hot.

And Yoo. I'm not talking money spent on a charity. I'm talking time. He only has as many hours in the day as you have. And he spent way more of them on this one case than anyone here can probably say.

As far as being tired about hearing it. Someone on another board said it best. If you Google Brett Favre you'll find 457,000 hits that were written about him in 2 months last summer. Do you mean to tell me he wrote all of them himself?

what gets me is his agent says that GB didnt keep him but didnt force him out. Brett says his agent misspoke and that he simply didnt want to play anymore. When the team moves on, he then wants back in saying he wasnt ready. so did his agent lie then, or did brett then or now? just gets to be annoying. a million things could be posted in a month but had he not opened his mouth to begin with, they would have nothing to post or speculate about.

Last time I checked normal people dont ahve months off to do what they want with the enormous of money they made so yeah his money affords him the luxury to spend time doing whatever he feels like doing and there is nothing wrong with that.

he is and probably will always be one of the top 5 qbs of all time but that doesnt guarantee he will be loved by all.

T-Bag
02-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Putting the past aside...

Happy retirement Favre, you had a great career in Green Bay. Best wishes to him and his family

nismodave
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
http://thevikingage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/favrejesus1.jpg

badass88gt
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
http://thevikingage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/favrejesus1.jpg

LOL@Dave.

Trace, swing the pendulum the other way once. What if you quit your job, they found a replacement, then 6 months later you decide you shouldnt have quit and you dont want to quit and you go back to your old boss and demand your old job back and screw the guy who replaced you. Is that right?

DirtyMax
02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Trace, swing the pendulum the other way once. What if you quit your job, they found a replacement, then 6 months later you decide you shouldnt have quit and you dont want to quit and you go back to your old boss and demand your old job back and screw the guy who replaced you. Is that right?

Qft.

I believe once upon a time (on this site or another) I posted the same analogy almost verbatim.

Yooformula
02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
putting the past aside...happy retirement favre, you had a great career in green bay. Best wishes to him and his family

qft.

Reverend Cooper
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
yea its amazing how everyone here thought he was great,then he went to another team now he is a jag,make up your minds fudgepacker fans.

PureSound15
02-12-2009, 07:34 AM
I think of brett favre every time I throw an interception at the end of a Madden game against Joe.

TraceDaddy
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
LOL@Dave.

Football is a performance based profession. If I want to come back and compete for the job, and end up beating ot the "New Kid", too bad. If I don't, cut me. That's how football works for everyone. Veteran or rookie.

DirtyMax
04-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Y'all ready for this?!?!?

Given the events of the past 24 hours, this is a very real possibility...

http://i.cnn.net/si/2008_images/Favre_Vikings.jpg

http://nysuperblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/favre-vikings.jpg

Option #2 is him signing with GB for 1 day so he could retire a Packer

Option #3 is do absolutely nothing but knowing Favre, he isn't going out that quietly.

I hope I eat crow on this but the odds favor otherwise....

Josepy
04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
yeah he is not retiring. he will be back again.

jbiscuit
04-29-2009, 09:03 AM
can he just stop already? He's a real pain in the ass. I hope he does go to Minnesota and plays! Good riddance!

Irish
04-29-2009, 09:35 AM
can he just stop already? He's a real pain in the ass.

Word. I am tired of hearing about it. It's a fucking game.... We as Americans put WAY too much emphasis on sports... ALL sports...

They should flip flop wages between professional athletes vs. teachers, cops, firemen, soldiers etc....

TraceDaddy
04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
can he just stop already? He's a real pain in the ass. I hope he does go to Minnesota and plays! Good riddance!

WTF. HE hasn't DONE anything. Wait until he does, then B*tch. I'm going with option #2.

Holeshot
04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
He ruined his reputation himself. I can see him signing with Minnesota just to play one game against the Packers.

DirtyMax
04-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm going with option #2.

I'd love to see this as well. This is going to involve 2 very large egos swallowing some pride but I hope for the sake of all that is good, it happens.

jbiscuit
04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
WTF. HE hasn't DONE anything. Wait until he does, then B*tch. I'm going with option #2.

Just stating my opinion. He has made a real effort to stay in the spotlight through all this. If you want to retire, retire. If you want to play then go fuking play. I could careless. All the dramatics and everything is what gets to me. I say sign him to the Viks and let the Pack's defensive line take some shots at him :headbang

Karps TA
04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Crazy how people jump to conclusions over something so small and stupid.

The Vikes don't need him. If I recall last year they won the division with a 2 shitty QBs. Our superstar QB meanwhile got us the 9th pick in the draft.

DirtyMax
04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
They won a shitty division and went no further... pretty much because of those 2 shitty QB's. Has he lost a step?.. probably. Is he still better than the 2 guys they had last year?.. without question.

I hope he just asked for a release so he could return to GB for a retirement. But the alternative absolutely can't be ruled out.

mr.gone1985
04-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Harris and Woodson would be licking their chops waiting to pick him off!!! The defense would finally be able to put some hits on him as well....

nismodave
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM

I will take that bet. You are on.

PB86MCSS
04-29-2009, 10:05 PM
They should flip flop wages between professional athletes vs. teachers, cops, firemen, soldiers etc....

Sports are awesome so I don't think they are overblown personally. A world without playing or following sports would be alot more dull.

You would have to add all musicians and actors to the list when talking about overpaid people.

T-Bag
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Ther will be a 3 way trade between the bears, vikings and packers. Favre signs with the vikings. Cutler gets traded for Rodgers. Rex grossman gets traded for favre and a grilled cheese sandwhich...and once again Rodgers backs up favre...in chicago...then kills himself.

gottwins?
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
yea its amazing how everyone here thought he was great,then he went to another team now he is a jag,make up your minds fudgepacker fans.

Hahaha

gottwins?
04-30-2009, 02:32 PM
BTW you think what they did to Brett Farve was bad? Try getting rid of a coach that had a 14-2 season, made the playoffs for like the third year in a row and a .600 total record for Norv Turner...:flipoff2:

COME BACK MARTY!!!!

Go Chargers!:banana1:

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 06:34 PM
I always liked Favre. He is an great QB. I had issues with him and Thompson for the bull shit that happened . They were bull headed So I lay blame on both of then equally. Both have egos and chips on they're shoulders that need to be knocked off. Did Brett tarnish his standing in the NFL ? Maybe but hay whom hasn't embarrassed them self from time to time.

His so called grudge to get back at Thompson maybe over exaggerated but then again not. If he does sign with Minnesota just to play the Packers is kind of tacky in my opinion but hay its his score to settle not mine. I do think the Packers would show no mercy if that were to happen but in the same respect I really don't see any of them wanting to hurt him.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-05-2009, 07:53 PM
bump

animal
05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Heh, the fact you had to bump it shows how few people care ;)

07ROUSHSTG3
05-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Heh, the fact you had to bump it shows how few people care ;)

just thought it was funny when all 620 talked about on my drive in was favre. i could really care less myself.

animal
05-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh I do too don't get me wrong. I just have no comment.

Here's how it will go however:

Scenario 1) Signs with vikings, plays most the year, maybe gets injured maybe not. Goes 1-1 against the packers. Decides to retire at the end of the season. This could happen a couple more times or not. Doesnt really matter in my scenario cause eventually he will retire for good.

Scenario 2) Will not sign with vikings and really will retire this year for good.

... End of both scenarios) Will still get his number retired at a home packer game, and a majority of people will still be holding up signs like "we still love you brett" and "welcome home" ,etc.

badass88gt
05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I hope he signs with the Vikings, loses to Rodgers twice, and AJ hits him so hard they have to haul Favre's carcass off the field in a bag.

animal
05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Who are you kidding? AJ hasn't had anything near a hard hit since we got him. He's been a huge disappointment.

badass88gt
05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I know, but I figure he has to be due to make something happen. Nobody can suck forever, can they? He's overdue, lol.

animal
05-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Nobody can suck forever, can they?
Ask ahmad carroll. :rolf

0TransAm0
05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I hope he signs with the Vikings, loses to Rodgers twice, and AJ hits him so hard they have to haul Favre's carcass off the field in a bag.

thats what i was thinking...

nismodave
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I will want that $20, Joe.:rolf

Josepy
05-06-2009, 07:34 PM

ughhhhh. double or nothing. my car vs. yours.

nismodave
05-06-2009, 07:39 PM
ughhhhh. double or nothing. my car vs. yours.

Sorry. I would rather have $20 instead of $0.

BTW, I knew you would say that. LOL

TraceDaddy
05-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Funny stuff. I dunno. I really love what the man did for our franchise. We sucked for a lot of years before he got here. We got much better the year he came. We sucked the year he left. So maybe we're better this year with our magical draft choices. Every team thinks so. Who knows. The point is the man has a right to make a living any way he deems fit. Tell you what, if my firms local competitor ofered me a gig for a couple million after they fired me....I'd consider it. And if it meant I had to fake retirement 27 times times. For 2 million bucks? Yeah. I'm still in. If you say you wouldn't, you'd be lying.

But that's just me.

Josepy
05-08-2009, 11:13 AM

Really after todays events you can hand it over now.

Deggy
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Regardless of all the drama, he already knows he will be in the Hall Of Fame.

SBC-Fox
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Didnt read the whole thread all im saying one of the best sports athletes ever and my favorite qb of all time

70challenger452
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1054509.html
yep, he'll be in purple sooner than we know it. As someone who grew up watching favre and loved every second of it, I have lost all respect for him. I can't belive someone would stab an entire fan base in the back, an entire fan base that still loved him no matter what he did, as long as it was for the packers, and to be going thru all of this just to get back at TT, WTF brett? I'm in love with the idea of him going to Minnesota, he's going to suck it up and I'm going to finally love that look he gets on his face after throwing an interception. My biggest hope for the whole saga is for brett to finally realize that he f-ed up and got shown the hard way that he shouldn't have come back. To me he is about to burn the last couple bridges back to GB, and if he does play for those queers, then he is not ever welcome back, but that's just me.

nismodave
08-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Really after todays events you can hand it over now.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w293/shadowdragonxx/o_rly.jpg