PDA

View Full Version : WTF (want to find) : wheels, tires and seat

Bart H
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
My friends Civic SCCA SOLO car was broken into in Racine, WI and the rims, tires, seats and all cargo were stolen.

If people could keep an eye out on ebay, craigslist, etc.

They are still totaling it all up but at least 8 SSR rims are gone (these are no longer made by SSR and are highly uncommon).

4 16 x 7.5 light silver with polished lip
4 15 x 7.5 darker silver or gray with polished lip

Tenzo r seats with custom mounts

All rims had well worn bridgestone tires on them (RE-01R).

Thank you all

Bart

also the police think they got a couple of good prints off a item left behind.

http://www.teamundercoatracing.com/Pictures/IMG_0683s.jpg
After taking inventory, good news, bad news... the whole set of 16x7.5's were stolen (bad news), good news is that we have a full set of 15x7.5's. [sad] so we are looking for a set of each, 15's and 16's.

srt4eh
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
that sucks....hopefully they catch them

Flicktitty
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
that sucks, what kind of SSR wheels?

Bart H
02-11-2009, 06:56 PM
update from my friend

Hey everyone, unfortunately Monday night someone broke into our race car and stole some stuff including some hard to find wheels. If everyone could keep their ear to the ground and try to help us get stuff back it would be greatly appreciated. We'll even provide some cash reward. =) We would even be willing to purchase the wheels from someone who has them, "no questions asked" we just need them!!!

I attached a picture of the wheels on the car, and the seats. 8 wheels total were stolen...

6 - SSR Comp 15x7.5 (anthracite w/ machined lip) - all had 195/50/15 Bridgestone RE-o1R's mounted (1/32" or so)
Link to closer picture - http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/ssr/swap/ssr_competition_ci3_l.jpg
------------------------
2 - SST Comp 16x7.5 (silver w/ machine lip) w/ 205/45/16 Bridgestone RE-01R mounted (1/32")
Link to closer picture - http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/ssr/swap/ssr_comph_sil_ci3_l.jpg

The tires had markings on the sidewall in white paint pen... something like R1, R2, R3, L1, L2, L3...
------------------------
Simpson 4-point cam lock harness. The lap belts had quick release fasteners that would attack to eye-bolts (still in car). The shoulder belts did not have an fasteners (just loops), they just looped thru another belt which was left in the car.
------------------------
Pair of Tenzo R black fixed back, tube frame buckets with a white Tenzo R logo stitched into them at the headrest area. All of the plastic pieces where the seat belts go through where broke out.
The drivers side seat bracket was a custom Team Undercoat Racing design (LOL), had a slider, was constructed of 1" steel tube and flat stock, painted flat black. It had a weight fastened to the bottom of the seat, and weight weights stuck to the side of the 1" tube stock.

The passenger side had an aluminum mount constructed of 1" tube. It had a weight attached to the bottom of the seat. No slider.

Thanks for any help, if you could forward this onto anyone that you know it would be appreciated.

-Jason Frank

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Bart do you by chance live in Racine and have a child attending a home daycare on 21st St. ?
I sometimes see a man in a car like yours dropping a child off there some mornings.

Bart H
02-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Nope, I am in Brookfield.