PDA

View Full Version : Mecum auction Camaro cvt

d0nut
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm not really a Camaro guy as a rule but this one has an interesting story with some local connection.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0509-79381&utm_source=delivra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SC0509_020909_Cherokee

Freaky name too. Thought it was going to be a 4x4 Camaro!

Karps TA
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Cool car until I saw the hood. I mean atleast GM learned that if they are going to put a window in the hood that they should hide the engine under some plastic so you can't see anything. Who needs to see an engine when injection molded plastic is readily available?

Voodoo Chick
02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Pretty car, horrible hood.

lordairgtar
02-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I disagree, I think showing off the mill is cool. That clear cover is being brought back on certain new Vettes. The idea of the clear panel has been a GM thing for years. They did a 50s Olds with a plexiglass hood to show off the V8 and that car is in the Milwaukee area. The Cheetah race car based on a Vette drive train also had a clear cover over the fuell injection unit in the 60s.

Karps TA
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I disagree, I think showing off the mill is cool. That clear cover is being brought back on certain new Vettes. The idea of the clear panel has been a GM thing for years. They did a 50s Olds with a plexiglass hood to show off the V8 and that car is in the Milwaukee area. The Cheetah race car based on a Vette drive train also had a clear cover over the fuell injection unit in the 60s.

I was being very sarcastic.