PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Wi mortgage laws/rules?

Yooformula
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I am trying to find out how many months of missed mortgage payments before by law they can foreclose on a home. I am getting different bs answers from my mortgage company. anyone know? besides more google..

LIL EVO
02-09-2009, 12:37 AM
The bank that services your loan will work with you on partial payments or whatever. I'm sure they have the answers you're looking for as far as missed payments.

PureSound15
02-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Call me today while I'm at work, Yoo.

sdb300zx
02-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Just remember to stay in your home as long as you can.. Live there for free, banks want you to live there til they kick you out, reasoning be is so they don't have to pay for the heating bills, don't have to winterize it, snow shoveling and mowing. All of this gets really expensive for the banks!!! I have seen people live in their homes for up to a year(free of charge). I am a real estate Broker and I buy foreclosures on a regular basis.

Yooformula
02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
The bank that services your loan will work with you on partial payments or whatever. I'm sure they have the answers you're looking for as far as missed payments.

yeah I assumed that once too. but 3 different answers and foreclosure papers later say differently. I think I found my answer late last night but there are so many factors taht go into it. I just want to know how many payments can be missed before they can file for proceedings. Hoping my disability and ss come in before that time.

DirtyMax
02-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't know how long the disability and ss will take but I think you'll be OK if they're just starting to pursue you now. My parents' next door neighbors were foreclosed on and they had 13 months after the judgement to get caught up before they had to vacate. Like the other person said, the banks want you to keep your home. Good luck!

sdb300zx
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Varies from bank to bank also