PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod Tested Positive

VroomPshhTsi
02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
1) Why does it take 6 years for results?

2) Baseball is a joke of a sport. There are some great athletes in the MLB, but a lot of them are hardly what I consider "athletes."

Bonds is a blubbering vagina too.

Silver350
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
So is there any claims that A-rod will be kicked out of baseball or see Jail time?

VroomPshhTsi
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Story just broke so we'll see. I don't know if he was one of the players who went before court and stated he never took them.

PB86MCSS
02-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Not much will happen except his credibility will take a huge hit.

The tests were in 2003 and supposed to be kept secret as it was an agreement between the players union and MLB just to see how many players were using, names were never to be released. Supposedly over 100 other players tested positive. Suspensions didn't start until 04', IIRC.

Most other sports have steriod/drug issues too, baseball is the whipping boy of the media since records and history mean much more. Plus it took longer for testing to be put in place so it was out of hand. I'm tired of hearing about it, most of it has gone away since then as they have testing now for most items. No sport will ever be 100% clean anymore as drugs can be ahead of the testing somewhat.

You may think baseball is a joke but the hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball, considering 30% success is considered very good. Some guys are definately not athletes in baseball but you can say the same thing about other sports to some degree as well.

VroomPshhTsi
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Well now he's admitted it, he was interviewed back in Dec '07 and said he never did. Gotta love the foot in mouth situations all these players are in, A-rod now included. I love how Palmero pointed directly to the supreme court and stated "I have never used steroids, period" only to test positive... what retards

Yes I know other sports have problems too, but baseball is by far the worse. Most these guys don't have to run more than 180 feet at a time (double). Besides outfielder, there is little/no cardio training needed.

If David Wells and Matt Stairs can play baseball in the majors, it's not that physically demanding. Yes they are big/strong and have good reaction times, I'm not saying I'm better than them. But seriously, it's turning into a joke.

VroomPshhTsi
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Basketball, football, soccer, hockey... all more physically demanding than baseball

VroomPshhTsi
02-09-2009, 03:24 PM
A-Rod in interview today/yesterday: "I didn't know what I was putting into my body so I can't be sure what I took"

suuuurrrrrrre :rolleyes:

brewcity_mach1
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
i liked when he did the interview on 60mins with katie kuric (sp?) when he said he did no such thing. and 5 or so months later he come out clean about it..... pretty bad when you have to lie about it at first, and then come out and say you are guilty about doing it? im fed up about all that stuff right now

brewcity_mach1
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
A-Rod in interview today/yesterday: "I didn't know what I was putting into my body so I can't be sure what I took"

suuuurrrrrrre :rolleyes:

thats hilarious!! and after the tests were finished they didnt tell him if he tested positive or not?...until 6 years later.

PB86MCSS
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Basketball, football, soccer, hockey... all more physically demanding than baseball

Not saying they aren't but baseball is 162 games, playing nearly every day....the other sports aren't as tough mentally or draining in that regard. I'll argue basketball isn't any more demanding especially, jogging up and down the court takes a little more cardio but isn't any more physically demanding.

Theres alot more drug abuse in other sports, especially football, that aren't covered as much by the media too. Shawn Merriman tested positive, defensive player of the year, sure he got suspended but no fuss was made of it among other things. Its almost common knowledge alot of the league including those 70's Steelers teams were abusing steriods but they aren't looked at negatively at all either.

It's not right for anyone to use, just sayin'...

Yooformula
02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
this is such bullsh!t. There is NO way in god's green earth that you took injections in your ass and shoulder for 3 years and NEVER asked what it was! sorry but fkking liar! All of them! there is NO athlete on earth from hs kids, to bodybuilders to pro athletes know what they are taking. they may not know about the side effects or the chemical names or their derivatives but they know!

The MLB and the union is fuckkin garbage too! They have a list of 103 players that tested positive but had an agreement not to release the names....NICE INTEGRITY FOR YOUR SPORT or ANY SPORT! news flash steroids have been illegal for a LONG time, just because a particular sport didnt enforce it doesnt mean it was right.

ftr, my issue is when they go on tv fake crying and saying they didnt know apologizing to their fans and at the same time coming out to defend other players over the years.

nitrous
02-10-2009, 08:31 AM
i liked when he did the interview on 60mins with katie kuric (sp?) when he said he did no such thing. and 5 or so months later he come out clean about it..... pretty bad when you have to lie about it at first, and then come out and say you are guilty about doing it? im fed up about all that stuff right now

The interview with Kuric was 14+ months ago.

A-Rod isn't saying that he didn't know he was taking steroids. He stated that at the time, that he knew he was taking performance-enhancing supplements, but they were not banned by the league back then. He tested positive, and now because he is part of the one of the worst union organizations in the country, he got ratted out by some schmuk SI reporter.

I'm not defending Alex, just trying to clear the line. Sometimes people get so blinded that they make false statements. Especially on BCM.

Has anyone questioned the female SI reporter? She'll be in deep shit I would assume.

DirtyMax
02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Apparently 104 people failed the same test at the same time. I think to be fair, all of the names should have been outed.

PB86MCSS
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not defending Alex, just trying to clear the line. Sometimes people get so blinded that they make false statements. Especially on BCM.

Drama queens on BCM? Nooooo.... :D . I can't imagine what it would be like here without it although I get annoyed by it.

I always thought A-Rod is a weiner in how he acts but I think its good he is telling his side now that the hand is forced somewhat, hard to say the truth when who knows if it is. Hopefully it is. Now where he got it from, what else he knows is important too. I wish other players just came out and admitted it instead of having the whole Bonds and Clemens ordeals.

flyin_blue_egg
02-10-2009, 06:27 PM
at least his numbers show that those 3 years were the only 3 that he used PED's. From 2001-2003 he averaged 161.3 games/season, 52 HR, and 140 RBI. In the other 10 seasons of his carear he's averaged 141 games, 39HR and 114 RBI

Yooformula
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Apparently 104 people failed the same test at the same time. I think to be fair, all of the names should have been outed.

they cant. the union has a locked agreement with mlb that those names can never be released. a-rods name was leaked out. funny how many players and people called jose conseyco dirty for naming people, maybe he got the list a long time ago:devil

I did hear on mike and mike this am, a-rods interview where he said prior to this he never thought about supplements and during this he didnt know what he was taking. I didnt hear him once say that they werent banned just that he didnt know they were giving him. the guy lied about this mess once, it would be different now how?

Yooformula
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM

A-Rod isn't saying that he didn't know he was taking steroids. He stated that at the time, that he knew he was taking performance-enhancing supplements, but they were not banned by the league back then. He tested positive, and now because he is part of the one of the worst union organizations in the country, he got ratted out by some schmuk SI reporter.

might want to watch his interview from yesterday. heheh, primobolan and testosterone...I GUARANTEE he knew. he admits to using banned substances and those 2 drugs would be really hard to pretend that it was just a supplement considering NEITHER are available as a pill or powder ONLY injections. so, steroids werent illegal in 2001-2003? hmmm, i know they were when I graduated hs in 92 and saw players get in alot of trouble for them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3894847

Karps TA
02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I personally wish they'd legalize the 'roids. I want to see 750 foot home runs, and pitchers throwing 140mph fast balls where their limbs bust in half. Entertain me. You wanna risk early death and/or severe health problems in order to do it. Not my problem.

Heck, I'd actually buy season tickets to see that.

Yooformula
02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
hahaha. might not be so boring to watch then. i just pray for when golfers start to juice! now that would be entertaining.

DirtyMax
02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
If it wasn't for the integrity of all the old school records, I'd say let them juice til their nuts fall off. Maybe the answer is to draw a line in the sand with the records right now and let them do what they want....

I'm being completely facetious of course....

brewcity_mach1
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Has anyone questioned the female SI reporter? She'll be in deep shit I would assume.

im not trying to make false statements or anything. thats just stuff ive been seeing on espn.

i agree what you are saying.

but thats the thing though. out of that 100+ people on that list. do all 100+ know that they failed? i just see this huge domino effect coming about.

brewcity_mach1
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I personally wish they'd legalize the 'roids. I want to see 750 foot home runs, and pitchers throwing 140mph fast balls where their limbs bust in half. Entertain me. You wanna risk early death and/or severe health problems in order to do it. Not my problem.

Heck, I'd actually buy season tickets to see that.

:headbang :rolf thats effin hilarious!

brewcity_mach1
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
i liked when he said he is excited to play this up coming season with all the new guys the yanks signed. i dont mean this in a bad way, but i hope they choke. just like they did the last couple seasons and not make it the the world series.

nitrous
02-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Don't worry, they will.

badass88gt
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
So where can a guy buy steroids? Seems like it may be a good business to get in to.